iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » WHAT ARE YOUR 10 BEST 80'S MOVIES EVER (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: WHAT ARE YOUR 10 BEST 80'S MOVIES EVER
209Mason
Rewind Curious
Member # 7913

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 209Mason   Email 209Mason   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey all! New here. Here's what I'm going with:

1. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (probably my all time favorite movie... definitely most watched)
2. Back to the Future
3. Goonies
4. Breakfast Club
5. Ferris Buller's Day Off
6. Masters of the Universe!
7. Lost Boys
8. Ghostbusters
9. Beastmaster
10. They Live (yeah!!!!)

Posts: 1 | From: CAT | Registered: Apr 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the boards [Smile]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup! Welcome the The Rewind 209Mason... [Smile]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star_LostBoys87
Rewind Curious
Member # 7934

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Star_LostBoys87         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1- The Lost Boys
2- Back to The Future
3- Poltergeist
4- Back To the Future 2
5- Rocky 4
6- Poltergeist 2
7- E.T.
8- A Nightmare on Elm Street
9- (I don't know)
10- (I don't Know) [Smile]

Posts: 8 | From: Buenos Aires | Registered: Apr 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAHSIAH
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 7949

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAHSIAH   Email JAHSIAH   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
10-> Labyrinth
9-> The Dark Crystal
8-> The Burbs
7-> Fletch
6-> Action Jackson
5-> Back To The Future
4-> She's Having A Baby
3-> Ferris Bueller's Day Off
2-> Big Trouble In Little China
1-> Weekend At Bernie's

[ 02. May 2009, 18:47: Message edited by: JAHSIAH ]

Posts: 14 | Registered: Apr 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DuB1978
Senior Rewinder
Member # 7950

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for DuB1978   Email DuB1978   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi people, new here on these boards so i thought i would get my feet wet on this topic.
1.The Wraith
2.Legend
3.Rad
4.Wildcats
5.Bary Gordy's The Last Dragon
6.The Color of Money
7.Hoosiers
8.Rhinestone
9.Coming to America
10.Stripes

Posts: 82 | From: Owensboro KY | Registered: Apr 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to The Rewind DuB1978... [Smile]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DuB1978
Senior Rewinder
Member # 7950

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for DuB1978   Email DuB1978   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jdocster:
Welcome to The Rewind DuB1978... [Smile]

Thanks man,ready to be nostalic
Posts: 82 | From: Owensboro KY | Registered: Apr 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earl Keese
Master Rewinder
Member # 7986

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earl Keese     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! I mean how can I be expected to list only 10 of the best movies from a decade that gave me so much and taught me so many valuable life lessons?! A decade that began with a tough Patrick Swayze with a greased up mullet raising his brothers in The Outsiders and ended a tough Patrick Swayze with...well a greased up mullet taking out the trash in Road House?! I mean any decade that can teach you that there making fists with your toes gets rid of jet lag, that crossing the streams can be very bad, that you can have a rat gnaw off a mole and he will only charge you a quarter, that there is in fact NO basement in The Alamo and that Goonies never say die deserves a Top 50 or 100 right? But a top 10 it is, so a top 10 it is...(Editor's note: This list will most likely change depending on the day and mood of author).

10. Fast Times at Ridgemont High
"Are you in my class? ... I am today!" C'mon, that's funny no matter who you are!

-

9. Footloose
In 1984 when I was 14 at our small theatre, there were kids actually dancing in the aisles at the end...I kid you not.
http://www.sarahjparker.com/images/movies_footloose.jpg

8. Stripes
"Soldier, I've noticed you're always last."
"I'm pacing myself sir"
This is the one that taught me being good at being a smart *** is a reward in itself.
http://blogs.tampabay.com/80s/images/2007/11/12/stripes.jpg

7. Poltergeist
For a month afterward, I had to get a running start down the hall if I were going to make it to the bed from the doorway in one leap. Yes, you know why!
http://www.tvland.com/photogallery/photos/Poltergeist.jpg

6. National Lampoon's Vacation
Along with Animal House, it solidified a brand name. Chevy at his absolute best before they started to water down the franchise. When he finally snaps, you actually believe it. Go back and watch it again.
http://www.hanacoast.ws/femalestars/pictures/937178/nationallampoonsvacation-beverlydangelo.jpg

5. E.T. - The Extra Terrestrial
Because it is one of those movies that while it became a little cliche like Forrest Gump, there is a reason it did and that is because it is one of the few time in history where a planet showed up for a movie together...and rightfully so.
http://jennitt.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/et.jpg

4. The Blues Brothers
Belushi, Aykroyd and the best. soundtrack. ever. 'Nuff said.
http://briansmithradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/04/The%20Blues%20Brothers.jpg

3. Caddyshack
Does a movie count as being endlessly quotable when you can recite the entire thing in order or has it become something else. Need proof?... visit your nearest golf course.
http://blogs.tampabay.com/photos/uncategorized/caddyshack_1.jpg
"So what?! So let's dance!"

2. Vision Quest
There is simply something so stirring and inspirational about this movie and the absolute honesty in it. I have to watch it alone because I pretty much ball every time...you know...in a good way!
http://www.hboasia.com/images/posters/378x195/vision_quest.jpg

1. Raiders of the Lost Ark
What can I say? From the opening Paramount logo to the end credits, it is why movies are made for the big screen.
http://thebadplus.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341cb9b653ef0112796cb6bd28a4-500wi

And there you have it folks...wait a minute...I almost forgot, what about Th Breakfast Club and BAck To School, Risky Business, Wargames and Ferris...Aaaargh!

Posts: 253 | From: ILLINOIS | Registered: May 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike.
Master Rewinder
Member # 7179

5 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mike.   Email Mike.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Listed in no particular order.

Rocky 4
Lost boys
Back to the future
Christine
Weird science
Hoosiers
Tron
Breakfast club
Terminator
Platoon

Posts: 270 | From: Southampton England | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 5  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
Earl Keese,

Very nice write-up. Well done!

I'm surprised you didn't pick Neighbors in your list... [Wink]

- jdocster

Spreadking
Master Rewinder
Member # 7280

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spreadking   Email Spreadking   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so hard to choose

1. Just One of the Guys (1985)
2. Never Too Young To Die (1986)
3. Friday the 13th: A New Beginning (1985)
4. Road House (1989)
5. Friday the 13th Part 2 (1981)
6. Friday the 13th (1980)
7. Halloween II (1981)
8. Lovelines (1984)
9. Hamburger: The Motion Picture (1986)
10. Eddie and the Cruisers (1983)

Posts: 215 | From: Central TX | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earl Keese
Master Rewinder
Member # 7986

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earl Keese     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
jdocster,

Nice catch! You truly are a product of the 80's! Don't worry, Neighbors will definitely make the list once we get around to a Top 10 of 80's "Guilty Pleasures" movies. Can you say Ice Pirates? ...Yeah...me neither.

Posts: 253 | From: ILLINOIS | Registered: May 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Neighbours, oh my, I'm having flashbacks [Eek!] [Big Grin]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Spreadking:
3. Friday the 13th: A New Beginning (1985)

Cool, nice to see the love for this one. It's my favourite of the Friday the 13th sequels [Smile]
80s illin
Rewind Curious
Member # 8177

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for 80s illin   Email 80s illin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
favs in no order
1.coming to america
2.back to the future
3.valley girl
4.karate kid
5.the last dragon
6.license to drive
7.the toy
8.krush groove
9.beetle juice
10.big trouble in little china

Posts: 1 | Registered: Aug 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megaforce
Senior Rewinder
Member # 7183

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Megaforce   Email Megaforce   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. E.T The Extra Terrestrial
2. The Goonies
3. Secret Admirer
4. Can´t Buy Me Love
5. Girls Just Want To Have Fun
6. Spacecamp
7. Over The Top
8. Beyond The Stars
9. Zapped
10. Karate Kid

Posts: 70 | From: Sweden | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chimpanshane
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 8248

19 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for chimpanshane   Email chimpanshane   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Lost Boys
2. Stand By Me
3. License To Drive
4. Explorers
5. Back To The Future
6. Predator
7. Rocky 4
8. Friday the 13th part 3
9. Gremlins
10. E.T.

Posts: 11 | From: Philippines | Registered: Sep 2009 | Site Updates: 19  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnny76
Master Rewinder
Member # 8174

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for johnny76   Email johnny76   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Outsiders
Lost Boys
Young Guns 1 & 2
Karate Kid
Goonies
Stand By Me
First Blood
Conan the Barbarian
The Wraith
North Shore.................and many many more

Posts: 225 | From: Pa. | Registered: Aug 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
never
Rewind Curious
Member # 9409

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for never   Email never   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stand By Me
Say Anything
The Delta Force
The Lost Boys
Real Genius
The Goonies
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Ghostbusters
Uncle Buck
The Princess Bride

I could add 50 more, but these are the most rewatchable in my opinion. =D

Posts: 1 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Goonies
2. Gremlins
3. BTTF
4. Ghostbusters
5. Big Trouble in Little China
6. Temple of Doom
7. Stand by Me
8. Thrashin
9. RAD
10.Never Ending Story

Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I noticed I posted my top 10 in this thread almost 2 years ago on the previous page...lol. My list has changed as it always does since then though...so here's my updated Top 10:

1. Back To The Future
2. Ghostbusters
3. Poltergiest
4. The Goonies
5. Body Double
6. Gremlins
7. Aliens
8. A Nightmare on Elm Street
9. The Breakfast Club
10. Mask

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MinnieMay
Rewind Curious
Member # 9442

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for MinnieMay   Email MinnieMay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not in any particular order [Smile]

1. Sixteen Candles
2. The Outsiders
3. Teen Wolf
4. The Neverending Story
5. Stand By Me
6. The Breakfast Club
7. Back To The Future
8. The Goonies
9. The Karate Kid
10.Flight Of The Navigator

Posts: 2 | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fightertown
Master Rewinder
Member # 7418

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Fightertown   Email Fightertown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Real Genius
Back to School
Coming to America
The Goonies
The Karate Kid
Bloodsport
Mad Max
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Just One of the Guys
The Ghostbusters

Posts: 230 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home