iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Top 11 best cheesy action movies ever! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Top 11 best cheesy action movies ever!
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i going to have to get hold of a copy of marine issue (instant justice) again,thought i could remember it being pretty good and also keep an eye out for a vhs of wheels of fire!
i always liked the uk cover art for instant justice,plus i must admit to prefering it's alternate title of marine issue!
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/images/B000NR4B1E/ref=dp_image_0?ie=UTF8&n=283926&s=dvd

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, i like that cover art too!
Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zach
Master Rewinder
Member # 9459

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Zach   Email Zach   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Gary Busey duo of Eye of the Tiger (1986) and Bulletproof (1988) is required viewing for anyone who craves cheesy but fun action movies. EOTT has the Survivor song of the same title (played three times, no less), Busey killing a biker by smearing Vaseline on a stick of dynamite and shoving it up his butt, Yaphet Kotto bombing a biker outpost, and an epic confrontation between Busey and William Smith in what must be the only movie fight in which someone dies by being shoved into a pile of cocaine!

Bulletproof is almost like a typical '80s Cannon action movie but without the Cannon name. That's okay though because Bulletproof has Busey calling villains "butthorns," an indestructible tank, a alliance of foreign villains (Russians, Libyans, Cubans, Nicaraguans, and Mexicans), another confrontation between Gary Busey and William Smith (in which Smith gets shot through the forehead this time), Busey saving all the bullets his body has taken in a glass jar, Busey sliding an ashtray down a table and hitting a guy in the family jewels, and loads of explosions.

Posts: 122 | From: Beverly, MA | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have Eye of the Tiger dvd and it is a highly entertaining movie.
Need to get Bulletproof.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check out Strike Commando (1987)

here's the trailer : www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtAyJPuKuMY

About 73 people get killed in the trailer.. but be amazed at what happens at 1.40 !
Now try not to laugh about that ! [Big Grin]

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
try not to laugh at 1 minute 40,johnny i was trying not laugh from begining to end!

this film looks hilarious!

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Kreese
Master Rewinder
Member # 9369

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for John Kreese   Email John Kreese   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by noikz:
Cheesy action and no mention of:

Hard Ticket to Hawaii? [Big Grin]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dd_X-C5g29o

Wow, I just now saw this. Thank you for posting.

I don't know what the heck is going on in this scene... but i loved every second of it!

Posts: 144 | Registered: Jan 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Never seen Strike Commando but sure would like to.
It was released here back in the day but i believe that it was cut.

Bruno Mattei directed also the sequel Strike Commando 2 starring the great Brent Huff.

STRIKE COMMANDO 2 (1988) Trailer

Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about White Fire? Has anybody seen it?

That one is a classic.

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Never seen White Fire which stars one of my favorite b-movie dude, Robert Ginty.
The Finnish VHS tape is pretty rare.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Fire Game aka Gold Raiders (1983) is another great Robert Ginty flick.

-

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
White Fire seems to be a much sought after movie.
I remember it being in videostores here in Holland in the mid / late 80's.. but unfortunately i have never seen it.
All that i have seen from it, is what's on Youtube, and although the trailer on there is kinda short, it's pure gold for exploitation buffs.

This is the one i mean : www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbfbD7O_QTM

aTomiK, keep them classic vhs sleeves coming.. they're so cool !

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And here are a couple more from White Fire.

This is the falling in love montage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbdyBiD7gZU

And this is the intoduction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9yus0uvG1c

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Cool clips indeed. I definitely need to see this some day.
Anyone else thinks that Robert Ginty looks a lot like Christopher Walken (in At Close Range) in this one ?

Zach
Master Rewinder
Member # 9459

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Zach   Email Zach   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Atomik, you will love Bulletproof for Gary Busey's scene-chewing and one-liners. It makes a great companion piece to his earlier flick Eye of the Tiger.

Just remembered another cheesy but fun '80s action movie that should be mandatory viewing for fans of these kinds of movies: Enter the Ninja. Where else can you find an Italian actor masquerading as an American AND a ninja (Franco Nero, in case you're wondering)? Where else can you find a sleazy, tubby henchman who's missing a mind and wears a hook in place of it? Where else can you see Christopher George get a shuriken in the chest and let an agonizing yell in slow motion? It's all in Enter the Ninja. On a more serious note, the fight scenes with Sho Kosugi and Nero are excellently staged, considering Nero was replaced by a stuntdouble for scenes that required ninjutsu.

Posts: 122 | From: Beverly, MA | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Valley:
btw, I wouldn't exactly call "Escape From New York" cheesy, but it can definitely keep a bunch a dudes entertained for a couple of hours.

"Snake Plissken.....I've heard of you.....I heard you were dead!"

Great flick!

LOL Oh Hell yeah Valley!!
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Valley:
btw, I wouldn't exactly call "Escape From New York" cheesy, but it can definitely keep a bunch a dudes entertained for a couple of hours.

"Snake Plissken.....I've heard of you.....I heard you were dead!"

Great flick!

LOL Oh Hell yeah Valley!!
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
Atomik, your bound to own all titles in this thread [Smile]
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
Atomik, your bound to own all titles in this thread [Smile]
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
I have Eye of the Tiger dvd and it is a highly entertaining movie.
Need to get Bulletproof.

bulletproof rocks, track it, buy it, watch it and shelve it
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

http://youtu.be/kqsN1smBIeE - bird seasons over clip from bulletproof.

never watched bulletproof with gary busey but judging by this clip from youtube it looks a total blast!

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
http://youtu.be/MznTAWMghqo - bulletproof in 3 minutes. warning contains brief swearing.

bulletproof looks hilarious,ya gotta love gary busey,the guys a legend!

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home