iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Friday the 13th Movie Night (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Friday the 13th Movie Night
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is anyone up for a Friday The 13th movie night?

The concept is very simple, just pick your favorite "Friday The 13th" movie part, and then do you best to watch it on Friday night February 13th.

-

I'm definitely planning on watching part 2 with Amy Steel and Kirsten Baker. I'm usually all about the original when it comes to movies, but I actually saw part 2 first and didn't see the Bacon original until years later.

- Friday The 13th

Which part do you dare watch? [Eek!]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When?

Are you waiting for Friday the 13th in February?

Did you see my posting on the social club?

Adrienne King is going to be directing a new movie with....Danielle Harris, Dee Wallace and Heather Langenkamp, and she'll be in it too....it's on the main page of movie web.

Adrienne just emailed me, and said how excited she is about the whole thing.

I definately was planning to watch both Friday the 13th part 1 and part 2 on Feb. 13th.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike.
Master Rewinder
Member # 7179

5 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mike.   Email Mike.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think i will watch part 3 on Friday 13th.
Posts: 270 | From: Southampton England | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 5  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I'll watch Nightmare on Elm Street=)
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I'll be watching this:

-

[ 13. February 2015, 13:00: Message edited by: J2ME ]

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What all have they put on the Blu-Ray version?
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Video:

Aspect ratio: 1.78:1
Resolution: 1080p
Video codec: MPEG-4 AVC Video

Audio:

Dolby TrueHD Audio English 2879 kbps 5.1 / 48 kHz / 2879 kbps / 24-bit (AC3 Core: 5.1 / 48 kHz / 640 kbps)
Dolby Digital Audio English 224 kbps 2.0 / 48 kHz / 224 kbps
Dolby Digital Audio English 224 kbps 2.0 / 48 kHz / 224 kbps / Dolby Surround
Dolby Digital Audio French 224 kbps 2.0 / 48 kHz / 224 kbps
Dolby Digital Audio Spanish 224 kbps 2.0 / 48 kHz / 224 kbps

Subtitles:

English SDH, English, French , Spanish, none

Extras:

• Commentary by Director Sean S. Cunningham with Cast & Crew
• Fresh Cuts in HD (14:07)
• The Man Behind the Legacy: Sean S. Cunningham in HD (8:58)
• Friday the 13th Reunion in HD (16:45)
• Lost Tales from Camp Blood – Part 1 in HD (7:31)
• The Friday the 13th Chronicles in SD (20:34)
• Secrets Galore Behind the Gore in SD (9:32)
• Theatrical Trailer in HD

Blu-ray Review

I should receive it sometime early next week. The screen shots on the page seem to indicate that they have really made a good job of restoring it to Blu-ray. Parts 2 & 3 are also coming out on Blu the following week.

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Wow! So cool. I actually drove on that same road, and was at that Lake and was at that diner and in that town.

It is sad that Laurie Bartram- died last year...she's the one that gets killed by the bow and arrow.

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Here's some pictures from our Friday the 13th adventure:

-

-

-

-

Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I preordered the Friday the 13th Blu-ray last week and they are promising it by Feb. 3rd.

I wish Part 2 was on Blu-ray, it appears to be released only in Europe for now though. Kind of like "The Goonies" only being released in Europe and Japan....huh?

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Okay, I have the original all set to go on Blu-ray and my fav part 2 not Blu, but a must see. Also, I noticed HDNet movies has part 3 to part 8 starting at 8pm est time Friday night.

So my plan is to record them to my DVR and have a Friday the 13th HD extravaganza. Also, don't forget if you get tired, there is another Friday the 13th in March.

Is anyone going to the theater at midnight tonight to watch the new Friday the 13th flick?

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
You know I saw the previews again for the new Friday the 13th...and I want to know..where in the original did someone have a handgun? I saw a preview with someone shooting someone with a hand gun. Who takes hand guns camping? Maybe a shot gun...but this is what is stupid...Friday the 13th is a slasher movie- Jason never killed anyone with a gun....did he? There were no guns.

They supposedly used Betsy Palmer's voice in the new one, without her consent, and she had a big time problem with that. She has never watched any of the other Friday the 13th movies, she said when she did Friday the 13th, she came up with a background story about herself, and why she was so crazed about her son drowning, and she wants to keep her own story as the reason for what happened...so she doesn't want that ruined by watching the others.

cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ISIS!!! You put pics up from our trip!!! Loved it!!!!! I want to go there again [Smile] ! We had so much fun!!
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We're going to the midnight showing of the new one. I'll post later.......
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Cindy-I was telling 2 different people about our trip today, it was fun remembering it again, and thinking about how much fun we had. Cindymancini took that picture of me and our other friend on the bridge. I had such a blast. It was fun driving around in the woods and thinking about..that at one time, Jason was running around out there.
The only thing we saw though were a bunch of deer, and a big flock of peac0cks, and we saw a bunch of kids out on canoes in one part of the park.

We did get lost once, it is way back in the woods.

I actually had a guest who stayed here at the B & B, and he told me he went to that Boy Scout camp back in the 60's. He never even knew it was connected to a horror movie.

It is very deja vuish when you go to a place you have seen in a movie...you feel like you have been there before.

I am going to try and watch it tomorrow night. I have 4 B & B couples coming this weekend, so I am going to be busy, but I want to see it.

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I don't think I have ever gone to a Midnight showing of any movie...I don't even know if I'd be able to stay awake that late any more... [Frown]
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Buddy of mine is bringing me along to see the new one tommorow night...don't know if I'm excited about it or not though..*shrugs*..i guess there;s no hurt in giving it a go.
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
New one was pretty good I thought. The theater we went to was sold out and they were having to seat people. That's one thing that p!ssess me off about a sold out show. We all go to the trouble to get there early to get good seats only to be asked to scoot over by the theater manager at 11:55 pm because some late azzed people. Needless to say we laughed when they asked us to scoot over. Not bein mean but if you want good seats there's a reason the theater is opened early........
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I caught the new Friday the 13th yesterday also. I thought it was pretty decent, but nothing particularly original or genre-bending. The first 10-15 mins. (consisting of 2 flashback sequences) were especially great - full-throttle action - after that, it settles into more conventional slasher territory. I enjoyed it overall.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
Yeah...It was a decent flick...nothing really new or shocking though.
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

Has anyone saw the Blu-Ray version of the original yet? I was wanting to hear some things on it before I decided to buy it. I'm really suprised parts 2 and 3 are being released so soon after the original........
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Motley-How did Friday the 13th compare to My Bloody Valentine? Since you liked them both, I am curious, because you know I hated My Bloody Valentine, so since you saw it, you can pretty much guess from that-if I would even like Friday the 13th even slightly...what do you think that I would think of it?
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

I liked Friday the 13th better but you'd probably be better off waiting to rent it because I highly doubt you'd like it.........
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Ok.....I had planned on waiting, I just wondered which one was better, or if they were similiar-I did hear that the new one has a ton of nudity in it.

I heard it got ok reviews.

But, my thing about the whole new Friday the 13th ...is why remake the original, and try and change the original...if they are going to make more movies, make sequels- and make them better than the last sequels.

The remake...my son said he read that half way through it Jason has the potato sack on his head, and then towards the end he gets the hockey mask.

The way it originated in the beginning, was what made that all work, and made it become as big as it is. When you cram all that in to 1 movie-then that makes it something totally different.

I watched Friday the 13th part 2 last night. I
have never understood this...

How come Mrs. Voorhees thought Jason drown? If he really didn't?

The beginning of Friday the 13th (the original) starts in 1958- in a flash back scene- where the 2 counselors are killed at the beginning. Then they shut the camp down, then the Christies reopen it, and that's when the movie starts- but that is in 1980- which is 22 years later.

The Jason that pops up and grabs Adrienne King at the end of part 1, is he suppose to be like the ghost of the little boy who died in 1958? I never quite understood that...or if your really not suppose to think about it too deeply, because the more sequels they made- he was immortal.

But, in the first one-it's the mother who's the real killer, so that felt realistic, and then in part 2- Jason is the killer- but I always thought he was real- and had survived, and just lived in the woods all that time. That made it scary to me, that someone was living in the woods waiting to kill people.

When they get in to him being immortal in the other movies...then that takes the scariness out of it, and makes it dumb...that's why I never liked the sequels.

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
Motley,

It's well worth picking up the Blu-ray. The PQ for the most part is very impressive. There are a few soft scenes here and there, but it doesn't detract too much from the viewing experience.

The extras are all worth watching -- although probably only once.

The 5.1 TrueHD audio is also fairly impressive and adds to the overall atmosphere.

NB -- I don't know whether you're aware of this, but the image has been zoomed in by at least 10%. A lot of people are upset by this, but I can't say that it hindered my viewing of the movie at all.

Here's a Review , highlighting the problem.

[ 16. February 2009, 14:22: Message edited by: J2ME ]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home