iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Cutting Class

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cutting Class
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

"I just want to thank the student who drew the crude caricature of me in the boys lavatory. Although you were kind in your portrayal, I would like it if you kept your talents to the art class."

-

Paula's (Jill Schoelen) your typical high school girl with boy problems. On one hand, you have school bad boy and basketball star Dwight (Brad Pitt) as her current boyfriend. On the other, you have Brian (Donovan Leitch), your typical teen who's been locked up in a mental hospital for the last five years for killing his father and has just been released trying to win her affection. What's a girl to do? To make things worse, people all around the school begin to turn up dead. All signs point to the crazy boy mentioned above, yet Dwight is becoming seemingly more unhinged by the day as well.

-

"Cutting Class" is infamous as the movie that was Brad Pitt's first turn as a leading man. Pitt claims this to be his worst movie ever, but I could name several that I would rank below this flick.

Okay...Horror with almost too much Comedy can be a bad idea...Martin Mull was lost in another movie it seemed just so he could deliver that clever line towards the end. And the totally lame basketball action makes "Teen Wolf" look like the NBA. Oh and that water cooler incident is beyond hilarious.

-

With all that said, I'm a huge fan of Jill Schoelen and Donovan Leitch, so I actually enjoy this movie on occasion. Though Leitch's character must have been a mind reader/time traveler with his ability to appear and disappear on cue.

Let just put it this way....

"I'm the custodian of your f***ing lives!"

[ 04. July 2011, 16:04: Message edited by: Valley ]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never heard of it
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have it, I liked it. I have watched every movie Jill Schoelen has ever been in, because I always liked her as an actress.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
x0x0ilymucho
Master Rewinder
Member # 6772

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for x0x0ilymucho   Author's Homepage   Email x0x0ilymucho       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
very odd movie lol its enetrtaining though ;p
Posts: 102 | From: Hill Valley, 1985 | Registered: Mar 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't seen in a few years, but some of the scenes were graphic if I recall. I probably would have freaked about being in shop class in HS if I saw it when it came out because of some scenes in it.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm... interesting.
I wonder if this was ever released here in Finland.

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have it on DVR but haven't watched it yet. I can't remember if I've seen this one. Ether way Jill Schoelen is worth watching it. I liked her in Thunder Alley too...
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have to watch this ball of cheese at least every couple of years! i love the movie because i've always loved donovan leitch.

it's definitely entertaining. [Smile]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the post Valley. I went ahead and bought it and enjoyed it muchly. Very strange with plenty of thick cheese [Big Grin]

This is Helen_S btw incase anyone wondered who's that weirdo [Razz] Changed me display name to a line from my fave horror, Dracula: Prince Of Darkness.

Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im definately going to look into getting this now. I remember seeing it but dont remember a thing about it - does that makes sense?
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I have a lot of those haha [Smile]
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this was the 3rd Schoelne movie I ever saw..the first 2 being Babes in Toyland and The Stepfather. So, needless to say, by the time I saw this movie, I already had my wicked crush on Jill. And all this movie did was ignite that crush even higher. Along with being the 3rd movie of Jill's I've seen...I'd also say it's my 3rd favorite in the Schoelene film library; falling just behind The Stepfather & Curse II: The Bite. But this movie is pretty good for what it is..though I think it would have faired much better with a slightly less predictable ending...but, what are you gonna do?
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I met Jill Schoelen last weekend!! Another convention under my belt! LOL! Nerd alert! I will post pics soon! She was BEYOND awesome! What a nice person. The whole time I'm there thinking, this is the girl from D.C. Cab!?! So cool!! [Smile] Stay tuned...
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cindy I'm so jealous!! You have to post pics [Smile]
Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
uhh..yeah..i second that
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since we are showing our appreciation for Donovan Leitch.. might as well reboot this thread. Bizarre little movie that I actually enjoy.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
I'm due a second viewing [Smile]
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
Good call Valley..you know i'll gladly reboot my "appreciation" for Schoelen anytime. [Cool]
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Pyro .. so what's our next reboot?

"The Stepfather", "Popcorn", "Rich Girl", or "Curse II: The Bite"?

We can kind of do the 'six degrees of Kevin Bacon' and reboot a different movie that has a different actor or actress in it each time.

Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
I'll go with The Stepfather from those choices.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home