iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » 3 best Horror movies of the 80's (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: 3 best Horror movies of the 80's
C.Rod
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 7657

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for C.Rod   Email C.Rod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to say that horror movies were big in the 80's and everyone enjoyed them. Alot of horror movies now reflect some of the movies back then.

My best 3 would be:

1. Poltergeist 2 (the other side)

2. Nightmare on Elm street

3. Amityville

Posts: 23 | From: Hartford, Ct | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbowbrite22
Given the choice, Duckie would have been Luckie...
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mine would be friday the 13th part 2
a nightmare on elm streat
and halloween

Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imawalkingcorpse
Master Rewinder
Member # 1675

1 Update

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for imawalkingcorpse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Halloween 2
2. Nightmare on Elm Street 1
3. Slumber Party Massacre

Posts: 199 | From: Overland Park | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saturnchick
Master Rewinder
Member # 7524

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for saturnchick   Email saturnchick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Lost Boys
Poltergeist
The Shining

Posts: 339 | From: New York City | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Poltergeist
The Lost Boys
Fright Night

Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. The Lost Boys
2. The Shining
3. Night of the Creeps

If for some reason 'The Lost Boys' doesn't truly qualify for horror, then throw in "Friday the 13th: Part 2" at number three.

Notice how I found a way to mention a 4th movie without cheating. [Razz]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Lost Boys (I agree w/Valley--not really "horror")
Children of the Corn
Christine

Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Poltergeist
Fright Night
The Thing

[ 12. January 2009, 08:44: Message edited by: J2ME ]

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Near Dark
The Shining
Videodrone

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vin
Rewind Curious
Member # 7662

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Vin   Email Vin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prince Of Darkness
Day of the Dead
Society

Posts: 5 | From: Leeds,United Kingdom | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THE SHINING
HALLOWEEN
A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Lost Boys
A Nightmare On Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors
Spellbinder

If these three do not qualify, take 3 from here:

Poltergeist
Friday the 13th Part 2
Trick or Treat
Silver Bullet
Night of the Creeps
Friday the 13th Part 1
The Gate
Night of the Demons

Notice how I mentioned 11 movies without cheating?
[Wink] [Big Grin]

[ 10. January 2009, 19:05: Message edited by: 80'sRocked ]

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm, I forgot about Silver Bullet.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
C.Rod
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 7657

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for C.Rod   Email C.Rod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that Poltergeist and Nightmare on Elm Street are a tie so far in the category. I haven't heard anyone mention the Excorcist, Jaws, Creepshow
Posts: 23 | From: Hartford, Ct | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SweetShannon
Rewind Curious
Member # 7630

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for SweetShannon   Author's Homepage   Email SweetShannon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A Nightmare on Elm Street
Hellriser
The Lost Boys

Posts: 7 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aruba4me
Senior Rewinder
Member # 6258

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Aruba4me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From the 70's:
Exorcist
The Omen
Halloween

From the 80's:
The Shining
Friday the 13th Part 2
Nightmare on Elm Street

Posts: 71 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yup..asking me to just name 3 of my favorite horror films is like askin' me to give up sex...it's just not gonna happen. So here's a list of my favs:

The Lost Boys
Dolls
The Shining
Puppet Master
Motel Hell
The Howling
Firestarter
Night of the Demons
The Gate
The Serpent and the Rainbow
Creepshow
The Changeling
Day of the Dead
Re-Animator
Scanners
Ghoulies
Pumpkinhead
American Werewolf in London
Bad Dreams

...(ect..ect..ect)...

[ 10. January 2009, 23:23: Message edited by: Pyromantic ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wanted to list Firestarter also, but I didn't think it fit into the horror category. Great flick though.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the shining, puppet master,hellraiser
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the sci-fi channel is showing scary movies all day today and night i have not seen any of these yet but they are pretty off the wall and bloody and wierd my kind of flicks lol!!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

quote:
Originally posted by buffalo-girl:
the sci-fi channel is showing scary movies all day today and night i have not seen any of these yet but they are pretty off the wall and bloody and wierd my kind of flicks lol!!

Those are the After Dark films and they are awesome. There's 16 of them, with 8 more out in the theatres this week. You should check all of them out.
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
thanks for the info i will there is one on at 7;00 tonight i really want to watch on there sorry forgot the name of it but i know it is on at 7;00 so i will watch it for sure !!
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
okay just saw the commercial on sci-fi again crazy eights is the movie on at 7;00 i am gonna watch and at 9;00 the dark is on !!
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Take 3 from these people...

Nightmare on Elm Street
Nightmare on Elm Street 3
Poltergeist
Halloween 2(as part one was a 70's film ya looneys)
The Shining
Near Dark
Day of the Dead
Hellraiser

Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
i watched crazy eights and the dark last night and i thought they were both really good especially the dark scary movie with a good plot for a change lol
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home