iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » St. Elmos' Fire

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: St. Elmos' Fire
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just watching in while I was working on party food, and I forgot how funny it was in places. I actually appreciate this movie more now than in the 80s. I was checking out some of Demi's outfits, and they were so 80s- I love it. I don't get ..in the movie, when she calls Judd Nelson up from the hotel with the Arabs- what was she doing there in the first place? He goes and knocks on the door, and they are all sitting there watching TV. I guess she was just a drama queen, but what was she doing there anyway?
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TNUC
Master Rewinder
Member # 3594

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TNUC   Author's Homepage   Email TNUC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best part of this flick is when they show Demi Moore's apartment....how cool is that Billy Idol neon sign/painting on her wall!
Posts: 193 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TNUC
Master Rewinder
Member # 3594

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TNUC   Author's Homepage   Email TNUC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By the way, I FINALLY found David Foster's song, "One Love" which is featured in the bar scene when Billy (Rob Lowe) is playing the sax. It's actually the B-Side to the John Parr single. Anyone looking for this extremely rare tune, let me know and I will hook it up!
Posts: 193 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aruba4me
Senior Rewinder
Member # 6258

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Aruba4me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isis, I think she was there because she probably met them in a club and they had a lot of coke, which is how they probably got her back to their hotel room. I think she says to Judd after he picks her up that "they had barrels full of it" or something like that. She is quite the drama queen and the whole "gang bang" thing was just a way for her to be rescued and away from a good (a lot of coke) and bad (for her they were boring sitting around watching MTV) situation.
Posts: 71 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gatorfan_008
Rewind Curious
Member # 7606

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for gatorfan_008   Email gatorfan_008   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep... It was all about the rich Arabs and the free coke... Excellent movie... Then again, weren't most of them...?
Posts: 5 | Registered: Dec 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good movie..
Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annier
Master Rewinder
Member # 3305

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for annier   Author's Homepage   Email annier   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is one of my fav's ...Rob Lowe is FIT
Posts: 312 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by annier:
This is one of my fav's ...Rob Lowe is FIT

What about Demi... Grrrr....
Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annier
Master Rewinder
Member # 3305

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for annier   Author's Homepage   Email annier   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Jack Burton:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by annier:
This is one of my fav's ...Rob Lowe is FIT </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">What about Demi... Grrrr....

Nah, she's not my type..LOL
Posts: 312 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
Pity that!! [Wink]
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you guys know that Demi was fired on the set of St. Elmo's Fire, because she had a real life drug and alcohol addiction, and that this role made her kick her own habit.

She was up for the lead role in Flashdance, but she lost out to Jennifer Beals, when the audition tapes were shown to a group of men, they were asked...which woman would you most want to sleep with, they said Jennifer Beals.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
Did you guys know that Demi was fired on the set of St. Elmo's Fire, because she had a real life drug and alcohol addiction, and that this role made her kick her own habit.

I just listened to the AC with Joel Schumacher last night, and he mentioned nothing of this! Im not saying it's not true, but where did you hear that??
Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
On Imdb. Read Demi Moore's trivia. She was fired for a week from the set of St. Elmo's Fire.
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great film, Rob Lowe was legend with his ludicrious yellow tank top and sax skills [Cool] [Wink]
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Incidently, I saw John Parr on TV the other day; hasn't changed in the least, even has the same hairstyle...and before anyone aks, yes it was a recent programme. [Wink]
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home