iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » VANITY INSANITY!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: VANITY INSANITY!
TNUC
Master Rewinder
Member # 3594

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TNUC   Author's Homepage   Email TNUC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saturday November 29th
@ New Beverly Cinemas in Los Angeles, Ca

Vanity Insanity Triple Feature!

3 Action Packed Films Starring Vanity!

Never Too Young To Die // 8pm
dir. Gil Bettman, starring John Stamos, Vanity, Gene Simmons, George Lazenby
 -
John Stamos is Lance Stargrove, star gymnast & son of top secret agent George Lazenby. Gene Simmons is transsexual singer / evil-doer Ragnar out to poison the Los Angeles water supply. Throw in Vanity as Stamos' love interest (you'll never eat an apple the same way again), Peter Kwong (one of Big Trouble In Little China's elementals) as Stargrove's fun-loving computer nerd pal and a plot to retrieve a mysterious computer disc and you don't even have half the "I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS MOVIE EXISTS" that is NTYTD.
Tralier:
http://www.videodetective.com/movies/NEVER_TOO_YOUNG_TO_DIE/trailer/P00000092.htm

Action Jackson // 10pm
dir. Craig R. Baxley, starring Carl Weathers, Vanity, Craig T. Nelson, Sharon Stone, Bill Duke, Robert Davi
 -
Craig R. Baxley (stunt coordinator for tv's The A-Team) directed one of the last truly-80s action films that showed that Carl Weather (Apollo Creed from the Rocky movies) could & should have been one of the great action stars of the decade. As Detroit cop Jericho Jackson, Weathers battles evil auto magnate Craig T. Nelson (take THAT bailout plan!) with the help of Vanity & a seemingly never-ending stock of one-liners.
Trailer:
http://www.videodetective.com/movies/ACTION_JACKSON/trailer/P00000642.htm

The Last Dragon // Midnight
dir. Michael Schultz, starring Taimak, Vanity, Julius Carry
 -
Motown records founder Berry Gordy produced only one Martial Arts / R&B epic and this is IT! Trainer to the stars Taimak (playing Leroy Green aka Bruce Leroy!) searches for his inner master, meets-cute with Vanity and battles the Shogun of Harlem (Julius Carry in a career defining role, RIP) to pulse pounding sounds by Debarge, Rockwell, Stevie Wonder & more! This may be your last chance to see this in the theater before the remake hits in 2010!
Trailer:
http://www.videodetective.com/movies/THE_LAST_DRAGON/trailer/P00000299.htm

...This is an 80s dream! I am obviously beyond stoked for this rediculous night out at the movies, anyone in the area or anyone itching to take a road trip, here is your chance! For more information on the theater and to see what's coming soon, check out
http://www.myspace.com/newbeverlymidnights

Posts: 193 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a triple treat!!!

Never seen "Never too Young to Die"
but it looks ultracool [Cool]

"52 Pick-Up (1986) is also a Vanity gem!

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm jealous. The only theater we have on the island that plays '80s movies is in my living room. The owner's a cool guy, though.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TNUC
Master Rewinder
Member # 3594

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TNUC   Author's Homepage   Email TNUC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone seen Never Too Young To Die??

I can't get over the cast in this flick, just too funny. Should make for a pretty entertaining film!

Posts: 193 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still haven't seen Never Too Young to Die. It looks like a cheese masterpiece.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philblankenship
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 7563

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for philblankenship   Author's Homepage   Email philblankenship   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for posting the info, Tim! Make sure you introduce yourself at the show.

Watching the trailer & looking at the cast cannot fully prepare you for Never Too Young To Die. I guarantee you will sit wide-eyed, mouth-agape at the sheer insanity of it all. We played it as a midnight show once before and the audience went completely NUTS... so much so that I scheduled the movie earlier in the night this time around to better hear the magical dialog without as many screams of disbelief. It's only a shame that I got director Gil Bettman's phone number only today. If we had time to get him out, he surely would have had A LOT to explain.

Though I'm sure it's in incredibly poor taste to self promote on the board, I've never been known for my tact. We have a bunch of other cool '80s features coming up soon including a new(ish) archival print of the Cannon holiday slasher New Year's Evil on December 27 and a 5 film Sword & Sorcery festival on January 17 that features Conan The Barbarian (easy but amazing) as well as the theatrical premiere (!!!) of Deathstalker II (it went straight to video in '87) and a rare showing of the Italian head scratcher YOR The Hunter From The Future!

Posts: 30 | From: hollywood | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That really sounds like some place phil. Unfortunately, I live on the other coast. Nothing like that in my area.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone knows where Vanity lives nowadays?
Anywhere near my neighborhood? [Cool]

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saw some stuff on her on youtube, there was an infamous interview with Gary Shandling I watched from the 80's where she was flat out being flirty and suggestive. Anyone see it?
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isnt she a bible thumper now????
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard that she was, maybe Appolonia too?
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was wondering that too. Was I getting them confused or had Appolonia ALSO found her way back to Jebus???? I always get those two gals mixed up.But I KNOW for sure I saw Vanity on one of those VH1 WHERE ARE THEY NOW specials in one of those "PRAISE BE TO JESUS!" churches (not like the quiet church I attended as a child) and saying that if PRINCE wanted to get in touch with her God would lead him to the phone or something like that.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fightertown
Master Rewinder
Member # 7418

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Fightertown   Email Fightertown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still have an autograph picture of Vanity that my dad got me upon meeting her at Sunset Marquis hotel on Sunset.
Posts: 230 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home