iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Better Off Dead

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Better Off Dead
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I want my two dollars!"

I don't know if this website has been posted before, but it is a must for anyone that enjoys the flick "Better Off Dead". Basically, a fan of the movie went out and bought the Camaro from the movie.

betteroffdeadcamaro.com

I think all you need is a small taste of success, and you will find it suits you.

[ 10. April 2010, 04:08: Message edited by: Valley ]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great find Valley.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
much diane franklin love
Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I´ve always loved this!
Good job Valley!

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the scene when the Camaro first rolls out to the sounds of 'Mannish Boy' by Muddy Waters
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great flick! Good find Valley...

Now, give me my two dollars!!! [Big Grin]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, talk about commitment. That guy really went all out to find that car.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have been discussing John Cusack movies lately.. so I wanted to make sure everyone had seen this awesome website about the Camaro from "Better Off Dead".

Incudes a great story about this guy's quest for the Camaro... plus tunes and pics from the movie.

[ 10. April 2010, 04:38: Message edited by: Valley ]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'go that way really fast...if you see a tree...turn'. love that line. isnt that the same actor in the waith??
john cusack trying to hang him self is hilarious! Have not seen this movie in a very long time and i actually ddont have it on dvd yet, can anyone tell me if there are some great extras on it?

Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, the guy in 'The Wraith' is Ron Howard's brother 'Clint' ('Gentle Ben'). The guy in 'Better off Dead' is Curtis Armstrong who also appeared in 'Revenge of the Nerds', 'Risky Business' and 'Moonlighting'.

There are no good extras on the DVD. Which is especially irritating since 'One Crazy Summer' (same director) had a commentary track.

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Burnett
Senior Rewinder
Member # 9924

5 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Burnett   Email Burnett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An extremely funny and truly creative movie. The hilarious characters and situations keep coming and John Cusack is great!
Nothing but love for this brilliant flick.

Posts: 87 | From: Belgium | Registered: Aug 2011 | Site Updates: 5  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adam Juhl
Senior Rewinder
Member # 10024

2 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Adam Juhl   Email Adam Juhl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(What is that)
(It's bacon)
(I know it's bacon but what have you done to it)
(Well I know you didn't like the grease from fried bacon, so I boiled it)

Posts: 61 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Oct 2011 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
who was that, that said clint howard is the poor man's curtis armstrong?
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why does Cusack hate this movie so much??
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cindy, I remember reading somewhere that John didn't like how goofy the movie ended up being. He thought it was going to be more of a dark comedy and not so cartoony or whatever.
Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Veronica Sawyer:
Cindy, I remember reading somewhere that John didn't like how goofy the movie ended up being. He thought it was going to be more of a dark comedy and not so cartoony or whatever.

i have seen an interview with cusack RE: Hot Tube Time Machine and touched briefly on others, when asked about Better off Dead he said next question - think that says it all but still i liked it enough to rent it twice when i was 15 and buy it a few months ago and have watched it a few times....not his best i dont think by far but its not that bad... i am drawn to it for some reason
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home