iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Karate Kid remake...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Karate Kid remake...
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
as if this news isn't bad enough, it will star will smith's 10 yr old son. just shoot me now.

http://www.yahoo.com/s/985750

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BARF: Abandon ship! Abandon ship! Women and mawgs first!!"

So, it's all Amy Pascal's brilliant idea, we can infer from it. Typical. You can't fault the Smiths for being a good close family--certainly in the confines of Tinseltown that's a good accomplishment that they still seem perfectly happy a dozen years into marriage--but I'm wondering if Will's $20 million paycheck might be deadening the old senses. Plus, I'm concerned this may not be the right current environment for a trieste on bullying, especially if the material is in fact botched in the end. The original walked the line perfectly, making us strongly sympathetic to Daniel while at least giving the bullies rational reasons (in their own deluded heads at least)for their actions and even made them multi-dimensional in the process. And importantly, let us not forget Daniel didn't want their heads, only to be able to breathe. Sadly, today's Hollywood seems to want to crow that getting your foe's heads is important that it trumps everything else, and I fear that message will be grafted here as well. So my advice would be take what likely would be the actual Miyagi's advice, I suppose: "When confronted by unpleasant thought, just close eyes, think to better place, and trouble melt away, never to bother again." Or something along those lines.

Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's it. I've decided based on the love on here for the Karate Kid, I'm gonna give in and buy the boxset in town this weekend. It's been at least ten years since I've seen it and I thought I'd ruin my childhood memories if I watched again, but dang blast it, you all love it so I'm gettin it!!
As for the remake: BOOOO BOOOO BOOOOOOOOOOOOO.......

Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So is Jayden Smith a good actor or not? You make some interesting points about the brutality Chris, but Smith Jr. is even younger than Ralph Macchio was, so it can’t be a straight remake or too violent. Its a bit richto rework a series that’s still so popular, Jayden Smith isn’t karate kid in my book, at least not until he beats Hilary Swank in a fair fight!

[ 11. November 2008, 19:16: Message edited by: Kash ]

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My son told me about this ..this morning. I think Jayden is 10. Ralph Macchio was actually alot older in real life than he was suppose to be in the movie. Daniel turned 16 in the movie.

One of the coolest things was him receiving the car keys from Mr. Miyagi.

Jayden was in The Pursuit of Happyness...and did an ok job for that and for his age.

But this is a movie that should never be touched.

I think that actors are people like us...they are huge fans of other actors and of movies...so if Wil Smith grew up like us in the 80's, cause he's my age....it might be the ultimate thing for him to be a part of a movie that he loved too as a kid, but he's too old for that part for himself...so he's got the money and the power and the influence to get it done for his kid.

If you had that kind of money....think about it...wouldn't you want to recast yourself or your kid in your favorite movie?

Did you guys see that Beyonce wants to be Wonder Woman???

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John Bender playing Red Fraggle would be more convincing.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mane1980   Author's Homepage   Email Mane1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
But this is a movie that should never be touched.

Did you guys see that Beyonce wants to be Wonder Woman???

Correct but they will along others.

As for WW, yeas. Another rumor is that Jennifer Lopez also want to be WW.

Posts: 631 | From: From Out of this World | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home