iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » At Close Range

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: At Close Range
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I saw the responses about "The River's Edge", about it being "disturbing"...this is the movie I thought of. I only saw it because of Cindymancini recommending it, and she gave it to me. But, I thought it was one of the most disturbing movies I have ever seen. That a man is capable of killing his own children...that was horrible. I can't imagine something worse than that...so how bad can "The River's Edge" be?
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvRttd5ESx8
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i only saw this movie once and i would love to watch it again.

i don't want to post any spoilers but there was a really disturbing scene in that flick. but overall i don't think the movie was disturbing.

rivers edge is a dark movie throughout. i truly loved it but i can see how some people would think it's a bit of a downer.

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I kind of like this flick. I like Mary Stuart Masterson in it. I also like the Madonna song from this movie...
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great movie......
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aruba4me
Senior Rewinder
Member # 6258

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Aruba4me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This movie is one of my all time favorites!!!! Soundtrack is great, acting is top notch. I just wish they filmed it where it actually happened!
Believe what happened in that movie and more crimes that they didn't show. That gang was ruthless and they were sort of local legends around town when I grew up in the 1970's. I lived in a rural county in PA were they committed lots of their crimes. I remember whenever we heard a tractor start up late at night, especially in the summer, my mom would always say "that's probably just the Johnston's (real name of the father and son)".

Posts: 71 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I never knew that was based on a true story.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home