iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Big Trouble In Little China (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Big Trouble In Little China
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isis, this an easily available movie, you can get it in the supermarket. But I think there is a special edition. Mr. Burton, I assume you own this? What is the breakdown of the special features available? Is it two discs.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep.. It's packed with deleted scenes, and the options menu is the coolest thing I've ever seen!!

Check out Play.com for the version I have!!

Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like I told my last wife, I said, "Honey, I never drive faster than I can see, and besides... it's all in the reflexes."
Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A real 80s gem -- one of John Carpenters best. It also had a great soundtrack, composed by John Carpenter & Alan Howarth.

Jack Burton: Okay. You people sit tight, hold the fort and keep the home fires burning. And if we're not back by dawn... call the president.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by J2ME:
A real 80s gem -- one of John Carpenters best. It also had a great soundtrack, composed by John Carpenter & Alan Howarth.

Jack Burton: Okay. You people sit tight, hold the fort and keep the home fires burning. And if we're not back by dawn... call the president.

[Big Grin]

Thank you for making me laugh out loud!! Love that bit..
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Jack Burton:
Awwww, that's sweet. Thank you so much. I'll try to represent Ireland with honor, dignity and... ah feck it, people expect us Irish to be a bit mad so why not!!!!!

And enjoy the movie ya lucky gal!!!

heheee... Us Irish are a bit mad! [Big Grin]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
Hey bud, nice to know there,s another Paddy on here. So whats the story? Where do you hail from in the beautifullest country of dem all???
Willow
Master Rewinder
Member # 4953

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Willow   Email Willow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG! I LOVE BTILC!!! I've lost count of how many times I have seen this one. Kurt Russell is so cool.
Posts: 105 | From: Indiana | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hey bud, nice to know there,s another Paddy on here. So whats the story? Where do you hail from in the beautifullest country of dem all???

Mr.Jack I'm from the USA of Irish (and other but mainly Irish)decent. Not from the big beautiful green island...
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:

Mr.Jack I'm from the USA of Irish (and other but mainly Irish) descent. Not from the big beautiful green island...

Did you guys know that Dan Inosanto (Bruce Lee JKD fame) plays a bit part in this movie?

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which part of Ireland are your ancestors from?

I'm Irish Descent myself. Both my parents are from County Mayo, on the west coast of Ireland.

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still waiting for Isis to give us her feedback - come on, you must have seen it by now!!! [Razz] [Big Grin]
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't seen it yet....I just bought it through Ebay...they haven't sent it out yet. I only paid $3.00 for it, so even if I hate it...it was a cheap movie.

What is it rated?

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favourite 80's movie, neck to neck with THE BURBS! And most def Carpenters best movie in my opinion.

I watch it like every 3 months or so.... INDEEEEEED!!

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's a PG - certainly there's nothing particularly bad there that kids shouldn't watch. There's no real language in the movie, and I can't recall any explicit violence - the fight scenes are all pretty tame when compared to how they could have been.
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:

I'm Irish Descent myself. Both my parents are from County Mayo, on the west coast of Ireland.

My fathers side is from Donegal, my mothers side is from Northern Ireland. Not exactly sure of the county though... I'm also Scottish and English... [Big Grin]
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
quote:

Mayo is beautiful.. My Grandma hails from there. Have you been there??
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
Back to the subject of my favourite 80's flick. There is a great site with everything a BTILC fan needs. The site is Wingkong.net. It is a really good tribute to the film and has an hillarious Big Trouble In Little South Park skit, which is so funny!! Check it out guys...

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
Cool website! [Big Grin]
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I saw that site before....it is cool Jack.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
I am so thinking about buying the Dragon of the Black Pool jacket, but it's pretty steep. Maybe treat myself for Chrimbo!!
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
Was on TV again Saturday night.. I tried not to watch it, I told myself 'no, it's only been a couple of weeks man, don't do it', but I watched it anyways!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Helped keep me awake for the Calzaghe-Jones Jr fight!!

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mr. Burton, you've proclaimed mad love for this film since the start but IYO is this your favorite Kurt Russell movie? Or do you like him in Escape from NY/LA or other ones better? I like him maybe in Miracle the best, but maybe that's the hockey fanatic in me.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
I am a huge fan of Mr Kurt Russell. Last count I had 12 of his movies on DVD.
No doubt this is my favourite of his,as Jack Burton is just the most original and brilliant character of all time, but if I listed my favourites it would go like this:

1: BTILC
2: Escape From New York
3: The Thing
4: Tango and Cash
5: Backdraft
6: Used Cars
7: Death Proof
8: 3000 Miles To Graceland

[ 10. November 2008, 10:17: Message edited by: Mr. Jack Burton ]

Roger
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 7408

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Roger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Missed it when it came to the cinema didnt hear much about it afterwards, but you know when you find a movie and it just catches your eye and you say to hell with it, ill take a chance on this,never regreted renting it that night must have watched it 5 or 6 times with my brother and sister before we returned it.One of my favourite films ever a classic in my book everything was just right the actors the script the action perfect.
Well worth a look at if you have never seen it. [Smile]

Posts: 15 | Registered: Sep 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home