iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Top 3 Favourite Movies (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Top 3 Favourite Movies
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tough, tough, tough.

Top 3 of all time:

Apocalypse Now
Shawshank Redemption
Black Sunday(1960)

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
YourEyesCanBeSoCruel
Master Rewinder
Member # 7480

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for YourEyesCanBeSoCruel   Author's Homepage   Email YourEyesCanBeSoCruel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TKO:
Ouch, this is hard.

All time:
- A Streetcar Named Desire (Brando at his best)
- The Notebook (can't believe you didn't like it, Isis)
- Lucía y El Sexo (I'm a sucker for Spanish movies, especially Medem/Almadóvar)

80’s:
- The Sure Thing
- The Burbs
- Summer School

MARLON BRANDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enough said. [Smile]
Posts: 133 | From: Michigan | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
YourEyesCanBeSoCruel
Master Rewinder
Member # 7480

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for YourEyesCanBeSoCruel   Author's Homepage   Email YourEyesCanBeSoCruel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mr. Jack Burton,

I could never fault ANYONE for liking 'chick flicks' because I'M one of the people that gets made fun of for liking them!

so KUDOS on your honesty!!!

Posts: 133 | From: Michigan | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
80's:
Karate Kid
Gremlins
Back To The Future
The Breakfast Club ( I never was good at math...was that 3 or 4?)

All Time:
It's A Wonderful Life
Star Wars (I've been trying to keep this one a secret from you guys....but I cannot tell a lie!)

Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
YourEyesCanBeSoCruel
Master Rewinder
Member # 7480

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by kevdugp73:
Star Wars (I've been trying to keep this one a secret from you guys....but I cannot tell a lie!)

I don't think that liking Star Wars should be kept secret. I LOVE them! I've seen all of them in theatres, minus the Clone Wars animated one.
The original ones I watched when I was in Elementary school actually, the digitally remastered.

My dad actually has two of the originals on LaserDisk and he has a pinball machine from the early 80's of the first 3 movies.

Totally don't have to hide a love of Star Wars.

kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree YourEyes...I don't think many people who were a kid in the 80's disliked Star Wars. My hesitation was always that Star Wars is kind of an entity in itself...too many fans and lots of tribute sites...wouldn't want our presious 80's site being overshadowed by this "Giant"....kinda stands on its own. For the official record...I love love love Star Wars! I'd love to have the pinball machine!
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When it comes to pinball...I have always wanted the Flash Gordon pinball machine.

I also love "It's a Wonderful Life"...I had never seen it until about 6 years ago...when I watched it for the first time...I thought how did I manage to make it through life that far without ever having seen that movie. Now I have to watch it every Christmas.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Man, Genre maybe but all time, you must be buggin out.

80's

Easy Money
16 Candles
Fletch

Horror

The Evil Dead 2
Friday the 13th Part 4
Pet Semetary

Man I have more I can't get to all of these now... Hell the ones that I wrote might be up in the air.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
YourEyesCanBeSoCruel
Master Rewinder
Member # 7480

Member Rated:
Yeah I think that Star Wars could take over this site and that would be bad news bears. And with the pinball machine, it's UBER fun! Minus the fact that my dad has every single high score on the thing. But I'm better at that one than the other one we have, The Machine Bride Of Pinbot. [Smile]
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. The Karate Kid, parts I, II and III
2. Once Upon A Time In America
3. Dracula: Prince Of Darkness

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Helen_S:
1. The Karate Kid, parts I, II and III
2. Once Upon A Time In America
3. Dracula: Prince Of Darkness

What a mix!!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by EleanorJune:
I always loved the movie Contact, and people thought I was crazy. I have never known anyone else who liked it other than me!

This is one movie that really disappointed me - it could and should have been so much more than it was, and the ending is so saccharine that I feel ill from consuming so much in one go......

But still - moving on up:

Top 80s movies:

1. Some Kind Of Wonderful (natch)
2. The Sure Thing
3. Romancing The Stone

Top Guilty Pleasures:

1. You've Got Mail
2. When Harry Met Sally
3. NOT Sleepless In Seattle - that has all the charm of the other two, but none of the humour, which raises the others out of the ordinary.

Top Animated Features

1. Flushed Away
2. Monsters Inc.
3. Shrek (the first one)

Top Action Movies

1. Die Hard
2. .....
3. ..... (imo Die Hard doesn't really have an equal to add to the list.....)

Other lists to follow........ !

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No humour in Sleepless??? That be crazy talk!! [Frown]
Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SIS is all 'oh my dad's so lonely, oh I'll be cute and set him up, oh you're a nice lady, oh, the Empire State at night, oh, the happy ending'. It doesn't cut it like the hidden / unknown identity clashes in You've Got Mail, or the multiple 'accidental' meetings and inevitability of the two central characters in WHMS.

It's still a great film, but it's more full of pathos than full of laughter.

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
Well I love it anyways!! [Big Grin]
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a Wonderful Life
PaperMoon
Valley Girl

the movies in my life i've watched the most and always feel like a new movie each time and just make me happy in general!

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
It's A Wonderful Life. In 4 words...

Best Christmas Movie Ever...

Nuff said..

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've (disgracefully? [Razz] ) never seen It's A Wonderful Life. But I'll be seeing it on the big screen next month, looking forward to it [Smile]

[ 12. November 2008, 08:08: Message edited by: Helen_S ]

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
It was lovely, I know I woulda been sobbing buckets if I was just watching it at home [Smile]
saturnchick
Master Rewinder
Member # 7524

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for saturnchick   Email saturnchick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
80s:
Back to the Future
The Goonies
Stand By Me

All Time:
The Godfather
Titanic
Shawshank Redemption

Posts: 339 | From: New York City | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hewzy
Rewind Guru
Member # 6043

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for hewzy   Email hewzy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lost Boys
Karate Kid
Fright Night

Posts: 729 | From: Birmingham, England | Registered: Sep 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MooseCrack
Rewinder
Member # 6604

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for MooseCrack   Email MooseCrack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
80s:
Stand By Me
The Goonies
Back To The Future

All Time:
Stand By Me
The Goonies
Thelma & Louise

Posts: 38 | From: CT | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
voicon
Rewind Curious
Member # 4500

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for voicon   Email voicon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not easy, depends what mood I am in but at the moment (drunk) I would have to say.....

Back to the Future
Karate Kid
Ghost Busters (yes it's true, this man has no ****)

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jan 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a revolving Top 3 culled from my Top 25 which seldom ever changes. Right now it would have to be:

The Terminator
Risky Business
Weird Science

Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tubular80s
Rewind Curious
Member # 7751

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for tubular80s   Email tubular80s   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My fav's are:

3)Grease
2)Once Bitten
1)Can't Buy Me Love

Posts: 1 | From: Houston | Registered: Feb 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home