iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Your First Rated "R" Movie...? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Your First Rated "R" Movie...?
YourEyesCanBeSoCruel
Master Rewinder
Member # 7480

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for YourEyesCanBeSoCruel   Author's Homepage   Email YourEyesCanBeSoCruel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I just found and joined on here so I thought I would start with my own topic question.

I don't know why but Total Recall was the first R rated movie I ever watched. I was also 5 that first time.

Does anyone else know their first R rated film?

Posts: 133 | From: Michigan | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a few brief glimpses of Lethal Weapon 3 at 9 (although nothing terrible happened in those snippets). Planes, Trains and Autombiles was the first R film I saw wire to wire, in 1994 at 12 (I took care to cover my ears once it became clear how the rental car scene was going to unfold; since that's really the only R part of the film--although seeing the cabdriver "help" Neal up was a little discomforting the first time around--it was probably a good film to be introduced formally to the rating).
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
YourEyesCanBeSoCruel
Master Rewinder
Member # 7480

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for YourEyesCanBeSoCruel   Author's Homepage   Email YourEyesCanBeSoCruel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice. Seems that my parents weren't the best at the "waiting until she's old enough" bit. Yours seem to have done nicely though.
I think the second R film I watched, if they had ratings back then, was the original The Blob. (which I now have on VHS unopened 35th anniversary edition...geeky I know.) [Smile]

Posts: 133 | From: Michigan | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by YourEyesCanBeSoCruel:
Well I just found and joined on here so I thought I would start with my own topic question.

I don't know why but "Total Recall" was the first R rated movie I ever watched. I was also 5 that first time.

Does anyone else know their first R rated film?

YourEyes...:

First of all, welcome to the boards! [Smile]

Secondly, to answer your question, the first R-rated movie I ever saw was "The Godfather". I was 13 at the time. Later, that year, I visited overseas, and saw "The French Connection". Until that time, I saw mostly "family-friendly" kid-type movies or Disney movies. So, to see those two R-rated movies was a quite a shock! [Eek!]

Thirdly, I actually started a similar thread way back in October 2002.

Click here to catch up on what was said then:
http://www.fast-rewind.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=000696#000024

Again, welcome to the boards! [Smile]

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dacaria
Rewinder
Member # 2818

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for dacaria   Email dacaria   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Risky Business". My cousins took me to see it, I was 8.
Posts: 39 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimpickens
Senior Rewinder
Member # 5801

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jimpickens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Enforcer.
Posts: 64 | From: weston,wv | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
YourEyesCanBeSoCruel
Master Rewinder
Member # 7480

Member Rated:
well thank you StevenHW!

and thanks for the 2003 thread, just finished reading it. seems like I'm the only one with Total Recall so far...wonder if I'm alone in that one?

and MAJOR KUDOS on The Godfather. I absolutely LOVE Marlon Brando! (I even have a teddy bear named Marlon)

YourEyesCanBeSoCruel
Master Rewinder
Member # 7480

Member Rated:
Hmmmm...haven't seen The Enforcer. Is it a good one, jimpickens?
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont know. BUT I do rememeber I used to have a friend in the '80s who - whenever we wanted to go to the movies - her aunt who was very old would take us. Less than halfway through the movie the old biddy would fall asleep. We got wise to this FAST and therefore would have her take us to see the raunchiest stuff possible! I know that's how I got to see BACHELOR PARTY, REVENGE OF THE NERDS and A NIGHT IN HEAVEN.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EleanorJune
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thge first R movie I saw was (well I think it was rated R) this movie where some guys own a bikini shop I think. And they are two way mirrors so they can see the girls changing into bikini's. Anyone know what movie that was? Or if it was rated R?

All I know what I was always thinking someone was watching me in the changing room....ok I still think that...but hey!

I was 8 or 9. My older brothers were watching it.

| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aruba4me
Senior Rewinder
Member # 6258

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Aruba4me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG, you guys make me feel so old!!!

The first R rated movie I saw EVER was The Omen in the theater. I'm talking the ORIGINAL Omen with Gregory Peck and Lee Remick and I was 9 years old. I remember my mom could only reach her hand far enough to cover my younger sister's eyes and she told me to cover my eyes myself during the scary parts. I covered my eyes with spread open fingers and lied that my eyes were totally covered. This was obviously what started my life long love of horror films! Thanks Mom!

FYI- I couldn't see Jaws in the theater because my mom said it was too scary, but the woman took us to see The Omen at 8 and 9?!?!

Posts: 71 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My older brother and his friends watched horror movies and of course i checked them too.

I was wayyyy too young when i watched
The Evil (1979), The Evil Dead (1981), Nightmare (1981)
and stuff like that.

I almost got sick when i saw Nightmare.
It´s still haunting me....

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first R-rated movies I saw were a double feature of Happy Birthday to Me and Used Cars. I was, like, three or four, so I don't remember much. It was one of those things where my parents knew I'd probably fall asleep and wouldn't understand half of what was going on anyway.

My best friend's parents didn't care what she watched, so she taped movies all the time. I'd spend the night at her house and we'd watch movies like Funeral Home, stuff I knew I wasn't really supposed to watch, but did anyway.

Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
YourEyesCanBeSoCruel
Master Rewinder
Member # 7480

Member Rated:
WOW! I'm really stoked at how many people have already posted replies on this. [Big Grin]

aTomiK, how old were you when you first saw The Evil Dead? (One of my favourites most definately)

aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I´m not certain but around 10-12 years.

the movie was banned here in the 80s so it was
like fifth generation copy from some foreign ex-rental vhs tape
with Greek subtitles or something like that.

Yeah, it´s still a great movie.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
YourEyesCanBeSoCruel
Master Rewinder
Member # 7480

Member Rated:
oh wow! I didn't know that The Evil Dead was banned anywhere.

But I'm glad that you were able to get a fifth-generation Greek subtitled copy to watch. [Smile]

It's a GREAT movie! And it to this day totally scares my best friend.

80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually can't remember what my first R movie was. I was pretty much allowed to watch whatever I wanted, so I'm sure I was really young and it was probably a horror flick from the late 70's.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't remember the very first one...I know when we got HBO when I was in 7th grade...and some of the first movies I remember watching that were Rated R were...The Blue Lagoon, Silent Scream, 10 to Midnight, He Knows Your Alone, Fast Times at Ridgemont High and The Last American Virgin.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At Home: Several friends and I snuck and watched Friday the 13th on HBO. We lived in BFE (north of the middle of nowhere) so we didn't get cable until I was around 11.

Theater: Probably either Predator or Robocop. I know it was 1987. I would have been 12.

Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hewzy
Rewind Guru
Member # 6043

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for hewzy   Email hewzy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Warriors..... It was quite late and my dad woke me up sayin a wicked film was on if i wanted to watch it, and ive loved it ever since.
Posts: 729 | From: Birmingham, England | Registered: Sep 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jaws. (That is if it was R-rated. I'm not sure about that.)

Hewzy, seems like you have a cool dad. Mine only woke me up when the icecream car came around.

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope, I think Jaws only got a PG in its intial release, and given the relatively low body count would probably be no worse than a PG-13 in today's world.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimpickens
Senior Rewinder
Member # 5801

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jimpickens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Enforcer is a good installment to the Dirty Harry series.
Posts: 64 | From: weston,wv | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
YourEyesCanBeSoCruel
Master Rewinder
Member # 7480

Member Rated:
well being in the Dirty Harry series probably means my parents own it. Ill definately have to check that one out.

I think the first R rated movie I watched in theatres was Anaconda, if it's rated R. I was pretty young and brought my Bugs Bunny stuffed animal with me. Don't remember much of the movie though.

80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by YourEyesCanBeSoCruel:
I think the first R rated movie I watched in theatres was Anaconda, if it's rated R. I was pretty young and brought my Bugs Bunny stuffed animal with me. Don't remember much of the movie though.

Not much worth remembering in this one....except J. Lo maybe.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home