iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Ghoulies, Munchies, Critters,Gremlins (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Ghoulies, Munchies, Critters,Gremlins
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Valley bringing up Ghoulies reminded me how I always got Ghoulies and Munchies confused.

Why are there so many movies about little demonic critters in the 80's?

Which of the flicks is your favorite?
only in the last few years have I bought Ghoulies and Munchies.

Did you guys know there was even two extremely cheesy sequels to Munchies?

-  -

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some of those little critters still give me the creeps. I still think I take a second look at the toilet seat every time I leave it thanks to those Ghoulies! LOL. I've never seen Munchies, but I think I saw Creepies. Out all the little devils I still think I like Gremlins the best.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You got the Munchies Muffy? I thought you gave that stuff up. [Big Grin]

I actually never saw that movie. The Ghoulies I haven't seen in years....will have to watch it again.

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gremlins is definitely the best. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GREMLINS was good,
GHOULIES was horrible
MUNCHIES (from the 1o minutes I saw of it) was even worse than GHOULIES (if thats possible)

I have never seen CRITTERS, (Worth a rent?)

Why do I keep thinking of Kelly LeBrock when I look at the MUNCHIES cover art? hahaha

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Critters 1-2 are decent.... you can do without the rest!
Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gremlins and the Phoebe Cates story about her dad is by far the best of the bunch. However, Gremlins success can be blamed for the on slaught of all the other not so great flicks that followed as well.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like Gremlins and all the Critters (believe it or not). I didn't like Ghoulies and I remember Munchies but I don't remember if I ever saw it.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
don't get me wrong Munchies is bad........haha [Smile]

Gremlins is my favorite for sure, Gremlins was the most orginal and had such a great story....Gizmo was so loveable!
 -

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
so Munchie is the family style 92 sequel to Munchies starring Loni Anderson and Dom Deluise

web page

Here's the trailer i'm just interested has anyone seen it? looks super cheesy hehe

jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Critters is a big cult favorite. There are 4 of them but 1 and 2 are the best. Now run out and get them now!!!

I liked Critters and Gremlins the best!

Good post Muffy... [Smile]

[ 15. October 2008, 11:19: Message edited by: jdocster ]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awww..look how cute Gizmo is! I remember even before I saw the movie having a poster of Gizmo riding in a pink car over my bed in my room as a kid.

He's so cute you almost WOULD adopt a mogwai even though you know all the **** that could go wrong! Who could resist that face???

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually liked Critters – starring Billy Zane when he still had hair – better than Gremlins. I know, I’m probably alone on this.
Sadly enough it isn’t available around these regions while Ghoulies (which I don’t like) is.

Never saw Munchies.

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TKO:
I actually liked Critters – starring Billy Zane when he still had hair – better than Gremlins. I know, I’m probably alone on this.
Sadly enough it isn’t available around these regions while Ghoulies (which I don’t like) is.

Never saw Munchies.

Zane was good in this flick. I saw this movie like 5 times at the drive in and on HBO. It's a classic!

Here is the DVD in your region:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Critters-Dee-Wallace-Stone/dp/B0007LEJP4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1224096335&sr=1-2

Here are all 4 of them:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Critters-1-4-Scott-Grimes/dp/B0007LEJHW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1224096335&sr=1-1

[Smile]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gremlins, though Critters 1 is good for a laugh or as part of a double bill with Tremors. Got to say I prefered Gremlins 2 though.
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
jdockster, what would I do without you? [Big Grin]
Thanks a lot!

Oh, and I actually like the new cover art.

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i don't remember ghoulies much... or at all actually - wonder if i ever really saw it?? lol [Big Grin]

i'd go with the furry balls rolling around the earth anyday, over gremlins. i never cared too much for gremlins, though my daughter loves both parts.

i like all the critters movies, mainly 1, 2 & 3.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow NowhereGirl, first you dump Lloyd Dobler and then you feed Gizmo after midnight....what's next...are your parents going to buy a Pizza Hut or something?
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by TKO:
jdockster, what would I do without you? [Big Grin]
Thanks a lot!

Oh, and I actually like the new cover art.

The price is right too! Glad I could help... [Smile]
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hehe sorry valley. guess i'm a bit different.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
I rented CRITTERS last night and watched it with my daughter who complained it was "boring". I curse like a sailor but , man, there was a lot of cursing in that movie considering it was an '80s kids movie! hahaha

I totally didnt realize that was Billy Zane!!!! Wow, he looks good with hair!!!!

Speaking of "ohmygosh..could that be....?" movies, GHOULIES has Mariska Hargitay (hope I got that last name right - well, you know - the girl from LAW & ORDER) in it lookin' damn fine. I didn't realize it was her until AFTER the movie and then - bad as the movie WAS- I felt like watching it again just to really watch HER now that I knew it was her.

Sooooo....
#1. GREMLINS
#2. CRITTERS
#3. GHOULIES
#101. MUNCHIES

Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got the Critters boxset and Gremlins is in my top 5 favourite movies ever list!! I love 80's ghoulies!!
Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well it's that time of year again folks, when you turn on the TV, and hear this big gruff voice telling you all about this little fluffy pet he bought for his kid for Christmas. A Mogwai to be precise, and boy oh boy is Billy gonna love him!!!

So listen to Rockin Ricky Rialto and pop in Gremlins, you know you wanna!!!!!!

Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zach
Master Rewinder
Member # 9459

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Zach   Email Zach   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of these 4 "little creatures" movies, I've seen Gremlins, Ghoulies, and Critters. I've yet to watch Munchies, although I recall seeing Munchie as a young kid. It was terrible.

Gremlins is by far my #1 favorite out of all these for reasons already mentioned by others. Critters is probably the best of the Gremlins-inspired movies. I love the little dialogues between the Krites where their speech is translated into English via subtitles. I always got a kick out of those scenes as a kid and still do today.

Ghoulies is a major disappointment because they're hardly in the movie despite their being plastered all over the poster and DVD/VHS boxes. Ghoulies 2 was a much better follow-up.

You can definitely count me as someone who'd take a mogwai for a pet. I've seen the movie so many times I can recite the three rules by heart and in the order they were given(I swear, scout's honor!). Wouldn't it be neat if mogwai were real animals? Ah, I can always dream.

Posts: 122 | From: Beverly, MA | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had to throw this pic in of Flava Flav and Stripe:

-

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home