iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Stalking John Cusack

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stalking John Cusack
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John Cusack has had quite the career, so let's honor his run where it all began....the 80's. So everyone pick your TWO Cusack favs from the 80's.

Choices:

Class (1983)
Sixteen Candles (1984)
Grandview, USA (1984)
The Sure Thing (1985)
Better Off Dead (1985)
The Journey of Natty Gann (1985)
Stand By Me (1986)
One Crazy Summer (1986)
Hot Pursuit (1987)
Broadcast News (1987)
Eight Men Out (1988)
Tapeheads (1988)
Elvis Stories (1989)
Say Anything (1989)
Fat Man and the Little Boy (1989)

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite John Cusak movie isn't from the 80's (go figure that one) My favorite movie is Serendipity.

Now does the top 2 favorite movies...have to be because of his role in them/character...or can they just be your favorite movies?

My favorite 2 movies are:

Class and Sixteen Candles

My favorite roles of his are:

Say Anything and Better Off Dead

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Been a huge John Cusack for years. I even have a Say Anything promo pin/button, how geeky is that?

The two roles of his I like on the the list are:

The Sure Thing
Say Anything

Honorable mention is Better off dead

I really like him in some later roles like Grosse Pointe Blank, Pushing Tin and High Fidelity.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbowbrite22
Given the choice, Duckie would have been Luckie...
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love love john cusack my fav 80s films are the sure thing and say anything fav 90s high fedility and serendipity [Smile] 00s must love dogs and 1408
Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
80s - The Sure Thing, and Sixteen Candles at #2 (but not becuase of him - he has too small a role to influence my choice there)

Overall, the other movies he's made that hit the top for me are High Fidelity and Grosse Point Blank.

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am a huge fan of Cusack. The Sure Thing is definitely at the top of my list along with Sixteen Candles. He was brilliant in Eight Men Out as well....that is probably my third pick.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i love my man, cusack and his sincere face [Smile] .

my favorite cusack movie is definitley SERENDIPITY as well.

but as for his 80s movies:

the sure thing & better off dead win for me.

he was so cooky in these movies and i loved it.

i've never been a fan of the movie say anything, though i know a lot of people like it. i was always annoyed by ione sky's character.

i love seeing him in movies. his small role in stand by me was awesome.

as much as i love the guy, i disliked high fidelity. the movie took a great concept and went nowhere with it... monster let down IMO.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aruba4me
Senior Rewinder
Member # 6258

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Aruba4me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Out of Valley's list my 2 faves are:
The Sure Thing
Eight Men Out

My all time fave is The Grifters, with Identity a close second.

Am I the only one that doesn't really like Say Anything? I never did for some reason. The only reason to watch it is for Lily Taylor IMO.

Posts: 71 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
haha wow, another person who doesn't like say anything. i thought i was really the only one! [Big Grin]
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1.Better off Dead
2.Class

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The scenes with Lili Taylor were like a precursor to the grunge era. Imagine if they casted Courtney Love? She was a struggling actress/musician in 89. And how can you not like it when Lloyd is raising that big ghetto blaster in the rain? Julie put Randy in pretty much the same predicament six year earlier in Valley girl.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heart Say Anything! Lloyd Dobbler is one of my favorites film characters. Plus it's set where I now live. "I gave her my heart and she gave me a pen"

I just recently saw John on Inside the Actors Studio.......if there is a way to watch it on youtube I suggest it......it was great.

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
He still seems kind of embarassed but those teen movies, I guess he considers himself a serious actor. But he was so good at comedy. Him and Tim Robbins were so zany in Tapeheads.

I heard that he and good friend jeremy Piven had a bit of a falling out the past two years. I heard he was envious of Piven's success in Old school and Entourage, don't know how true that is.

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
My favorite movie is Serendipity.

Not my favorite, but I'll admit I like that "chick flick" as well. [Embarrassed]
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, my all time favourite actor.. .

Best two 80’s movies:

- The Sure Thing
- Say Anything

Post-80’s:

- Grosse Point Blank
- Pushing Tin

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is hard...cuz I really really love 16 CANDLES and STAND BY ME (those are in my Top 10 faves list anyway) but they are not really SHOWCASING John Cusack.....for movies where he's front and center BETTER OFF DEAD and THE SURE THING.

Im not thrilled with SAY ANYTHING either! I think Ie xpected something funnier? I mean after movies like 16 CANDLES and BETTER OFF DEAD that managed to marry romance AND humor I guess I expected SAY ANYTHING to be a little funnier. Honestly the only thing I vividly remember (aside from the whole PETER GABRIEL thing) is that girl writing all those songs about "Joe" . I bought it on DVD awhile back to see if now that I was a grown up I'd appreciate it more....that was two or three years ago and I've yet to watch it again. I would rather watch BETTER OFF DEAD for the 50th time.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John is the man!

I'll pick...

The Sure Thing (1985)
Say Anything (1989)

Valley you are evil! hehehe [Smile]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Say Anything & Tapeheads from the 80s, but the Cusack movie I've seen more times than any other is Grosse Pointe Blank.
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Better Off Dead and Class.
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John Cusack movies where a part was found for his sister Joan.....

"Retrosexual: The 80's" (2004)
Broadcast News (1987)
Class (1983) 5.5/10
Cradle Will Rock (1999)
Grandview, U.S.A. (1984)
Grosse Pointe Blank (1997)
High Fidelity (2000)
Making of 'Class', The (1983) (2007)
Say Anything... (1989)
Sixteen Candles (1984)
War, Inc. (2008)

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Paul Dangerously, you iceholes....:
John Cusack movies where a part was found for his sister Joan.....

"Retrosexual: The 80's" (2004)
Broadcast News (1987)
Class (1983) 5.5/10
Cradle Will Rock (1999)
Grandview, U.S.A. (1984)
Grosse Pointe Blank (1997)
High Fidelity (2000)
Making of 'Class', The (1983) (2007)
Say Anything... (1989)
Sixteen Candles (1984)
War, Inc. (2008)

You forgot "Martian Child, 2007"

Not that good of a flick though

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home