iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Halloween Scary Movie Thread (2008 -2011) (Page 7)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  16  17  18   
Author Topic: Halloween Scary Movie Thread (2008 -2011)
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hee hee I watched Basket Case. Ohmygosh, it was so funny. I can't believe that there were sequels to it.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched Silver Bullet tonight. This is some great flick....not just for the horror aspect. Haim was excellent as he always was in his 80's movies. Busey was pretty good as well.

-

-

-  -

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tonight's movie:

Dreamscape (1984)

-

I haven't seen this movie in years, but for anyone that enjoys analyzing dreams or even scarier....nightmares, this is a movie you need to watch. I highly recommend this movie for anyone that hasn't seen it yet. Dennis Quaid is excellent as a guy with a special gift recruited by the government, but the real star is David Patrick Kelly who will truely give you nightmares. Fans of the flick "Commando" will remember him a Sully, but he plays an even darker character in "Dreamscape".

-

-

-

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never seen Dreamscape.

Salem's Lot was on the Chiller Channel the other night, ...I have never seen it, because I was scared to death of the previews-when I was a kid...so I thought it was time to try and watch it...I must have missed something in the first 60 seconds, because the volume was turned down too low, but right from the beginning of the movie-I was totally confused and lost...and it didn't seem very good...I fell asleep....but what I had seen...wasn't anything like what I thought it would be.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never heard of Dreamscape, but I am intrigued. I actually read books on dream analysis and dream controlling....fascinating stuff. Thanks for the post Valley.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a dream last night about Lou Ferrigno. I was dreaming that he came to visit me at the house I grew up in. I have crazy weird dreams all the time, infact I never feel like I sleep because I dream so much. I went to a sleep clinic once, and they hooked me up to one of those machines...to check your brain waves...I felt like I was in Nightmare on Elm Street.

I need to find Silver Bullet...I keep forgetting about it. I can't remember where I put it.
I moved all my movies around to decorate for Halloween.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
I need to find Silver Bullet...I keep forgetting about it. I can't remember where I put it.

If you can't find it, I saw it at Wal-mart for $5....can't beat that.
Aruba4me
Senior Rewinder
Member # 6258

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Aruba4me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saw "Bloody Birthday" on the advice here. It was decent. Did they have any other cops in that town besides the one guy? They seriously needed to hire more!! Also watched an oldie, but goody last night, "Pet Cemetary"! That one's a 'guilty pleasure' and is always creepy.
Posts: 71 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pettyfan:
Hee hee I watched Basket Case. Ohmygosh, it was so funny. I can't believe that there were sequels to it.

Basket Case II is better. you should check it out.

Also check out Brain Damage. awesome flick from the people who made Basket Case.

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Christine was on TV last night, I usually catch it half way through...this time I started watching it from the beginning...and then I fell asleep. Doesn't that one bad guy with the long hair- look like he's about 35 years old? I think he must have been held back a few years.
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Movie I watched tonight was Night School. A cool little slasher flick from 1981. A madman is decapitating women from Wendell College for girls with a machete....enough said.

-

-

-

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I have that movie...it has Rachel Ward in it. It had some creepy moments.
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What Waits Below (1984)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088392/

One of the worst films I've ever seen.

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
80'sRocked,

I remember this movie for the tagline:

From the director of 'Chitty Chitty Bang Bang' comes....'Night School'

Great stuff!

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Great stuff it is Valley....I love these older style slashers.

You're correct ISIS....it stars Rachel Ward. She did a good job in this one.

EleanorJune
unregistered

101 Updates!

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is that hair coming out of the toilet? Never seen it before. I have problems when I watch a scary slasher movie, I have to have popcorn...but then I sit and stare at the tv and stuff my face till I have chipmunk cheeks. I think it helps muffle me so I wont talk. *bad habit of talking during movies*
| Site Updates: 101 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
That is hair. Take a guess as to what it is attached to.
EleanorJune
unregistered

101 Updates!

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love to be scared, it isn't too hard actually...yup gonna watch that movie.
| Site Updates: 101 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!!!!
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TNUC
Master Rewinder
Member # 3594

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TNUC   Author's Homepage   Email TNUC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TODAY IS THE DAY!!!

Throwing on FRIDAY THE 13th PART IV right now!

everyone have a good night tonight

Posts: 193 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Happy Halloween!
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And watch out for Michael; no telling what he'll be up to on the big 30th anniversary, especially since now there's no one left for him to kill.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
"Zombies, exploding heads, creepy crawlies, and a date for the formal....this is classic Spanky."

So many good quotes from Night of the Creeps....that is my favorite. Had to get this one in while it's still October. Great flick, 80's style. I'm curious if ISIS liked it.

-

-  -

-

buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i love anything by stephen king i watched the shining last week one of my favorite's also pet cemetary, and the pumpkinhead flicks watched two of them last week that i hadn;t seen yet? especially liked the one called ashes to ashes dee [Smile]
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i watched basket case, you guys. i almost died of laughter! that was so silly and funny. i had people from other rooms, coming in to see what the heck i was watching. lol

hope everyone had a lovely and safe halloween. [Smile] it's over now.. [Frown]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  16  17  18   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home