iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Halloween Scary Movie Thread (2008 -2011) (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  16  17  18   
Author Topic: Halloween Scary Movie Thread (2008 -2011)
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've just seen Night of The Demons (1998) on DVD.

This is actually a pretty decent B-movie. It has good special effects, and a nice soundtrack.

I'd recommend this to anybody who loves cheesy 80s horror.

7/10

Next up is Lifeforce (1985)

Has anybody ever seen this?

Ok. I've just finished watching this, and am pleased to report, that I thoroughly enjoyed it.

The first thing I have to point out is -- it's not scary at all. At least I didn't think so. It's probably more a Sci-Fi/Fantasy thriller than anything else.

Despite that, I found it to be fast paced and full of nudity, er, I mean action. Ok, not so much action.

The special effects were adequate, given the time this movie came out. It also has an excellent soundtrack composed by Henry Mancini.

N.B

There are 2 versions of this movie, 101 mins & 116 mins.

I saw the 116 mins version, and by all accounts, this is the version to watch.

7/10

[ 22. October 2008, 09:24: Message edited by: J2ME ]

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kevdugp73:
I finally got to watch a couple of horror movies in anticipation for Halloween. The Howling.....hmmmm....not as good as I remember as a kid...found it quite slow, and ended up shutting it off. Fright Night....gotta love it. Just yesterday I found "Wolfen" at the bottom of my sock drawer....I bought it 1/2 a year ago....ummmm.....I sometimes hide my DVDs from my wife and "blend" them into my collection when she's not home...she may be on to me. Anyway...anyone see this one, and is it any good? Only $2.99, so if it's no good, I can live with that.

Wolfen is a good movie, I mentioned it at some point in this thread. Anyway, the beginning is my fav part.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by J2ME:
I've just seen Night of The Demons (1998) on DVD.

This is actually a pretty decent b-movie. It has good special effects, and a nice soundtrack.

I'd recommend this to anybody who loves cheesy 80s horror.

7/10

Well, "Night of the Demons" is a cult classic about a bunch of teens that party in an old funeral parlor on Halloween night. Unfortunately, the land that 'Hull House' is on is evil. And the house itself has a brutal past. Where would be a better place to party on Halloween than at Hull House folks?

So, they party there. Stuff happens and then they decide to do a seance. I don't know if it was the seance that resurrected the demonic spirit, or if it was just the fact that the demon was free to walk the earth on Halloween night and the timing was right on the money? Either way, things start going downhill from there.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aruba4me
Senior Rewinder
Member # 6258

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Aruba4me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kevdugp73:
I sometimes hide my DVDs from my wife and "blend" them into my collection when she's not home...she may be on to me.

Kev- I do the same thing to my husband! I get new DVDs and filter them in with the old ones in our cabinet. If he happens to find it, he usually asks "when did we get this?". My response is always "oh, we've had that for a while". And he always buys it!!
Posts: 71 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finally got my copy of Night of the Demons today and had to watch it tonight. I always loved this one back in the day. Saw it on cable numerous times and I'm glad I own it now. Got the unrated version too....more blood and gore! The kid brother, Billy, is hilarious. This is a must see for the Halloween run.

-

-

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like Frank N. Furter's brother there if I may say so--either that or he spent the night at a power plant that got hit by lightning.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chris the CandyFanMan:
Looks like Frank N. Furter's brother there if I may say so--either that or he spent the night at a power plant that got hit by lightning.

That's actually a girl Chris....scary indeed. [Smile]
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've just seen Galaxy of Terror (1981)

Decent B-movie. Robert Englund is in it -- It's strange to see him without his trademark jumper & claws.

Joanie from "Happy Days" was also in it.

Has anybody ever seen or heard of this?

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
OK. So, Freddy Krueger, Joanie from Joanie Loves Chachi, and My Favorite Martian walk into a bar. No, no, this isn’t a joke — I’m pretty sure it must have happened during the filming of "Galaxy of Terror", an awesome little movie made inexplicably entertaining by b-movie legend Roger Corman and a very young James Cameron. If you don't take this flick too seriously and just enjoy the ride, it is actually quite entertaining.

-

pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just watched the Funhouse. It was pretty good, slow getting started but decent overall.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Last night was The Legend of Hell House, 1973. Gotta love the creepy thrillers from the 70's.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070294/

-

-

-  -

Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
great movie 80srocked. i own legend of hell house and forgot all about it, 'til now. thanks for reminding me.

petty- glad you liked funhouse. what's next on your list?

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aruba4me....that's too funny...I also use the very same line...."had that one for a while". Thanks for the feedback Valley...hoping to watch "Wolfen" sometime this weekend. Should get a chance to watch a few horror movies this weekend, as I'm feeling under the weather....so I'll be fairly low key. I'll let yas know what I watch.
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I got Bloody Birthday in the mail today so I guess I'll watch it next. Or maybe I'll watch House of 1000 Corpses again. Haven't seen that one in awhile.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
House of 1000 Corpses....love that one Petty. Zombie rocks!

Nowhere....I just got The Legend of Hell House on DVD a couple of weeks ago. I thought that I never saw it before until I started watching it and began remembering parts of it. I must have been a kid when I last saw it. Very good....I recommend to all.

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pettyfan-I really like Bloody Birthday..I think you'll like it...it's weird to see Julie Brown (from MTV) in a movie...and the kids are really creepy.

I ordered "Visiting Hours". I plan to watch it next week.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
Pettyfan-I really like Bloody Birthday..I think you'll like it...it's weird to see Julie Brown (from MTV) in a movie...and the kids are really creepy.

I ordered "Visiting Hours". I plan to watch it next week.

I was gonna order Visiting Hours from Amazon but I didn't have enough left on my gift card, LOL, so I'll try again.

I saw Bloody Birthday years and years ago but I don't remember much.

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
Last night I saw Poltergeist & Sleepy Hollow. Both on Blu-ray.
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
petty/isis - what's bloody birthday? ...never heard of that one. [Confused]
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
"Blood Birthday" is about three 10 year old kids that were born during a total eclipse that blocked Saturn as well. And Astrology states that Saturn controls emotions. So basically these kids grew to be vicious emotionless killers. Because they are so young and innocent looking, nobody suspects them.
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

oh, ok thanks valley. it sounds interesting!
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
When it comes to haunted birthdays, I'm more of a "Happy Birthday To Me" fan.
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Bloody Birthday sounds awesome. I gotta see that.
pettyfan
Member # 2260

Those are some mean azz little kids in Bloody Birthday, let me tell ya. No conscience whatsoever.
pettyfan
Member # 2260

Hee hee I watched Basket Case. Ohmygosh, it was so funny. I can't believe that there were sequels to it.
  This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  16  17  18   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home