iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Halloween Scary Movie Thread (2008 -2011) (Page 12)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18   
Author Topic: Halloween Scary Movie Thread (2008 -2011)
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
80srocked, strange invaders used to be a movie i watched over and over as a kid. the green ooze... lol

fright night is awesome. been listening to that soundtrack lately!

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just watched Spasms (1983)

- This was not very good giant snake flick.
2-3 pretty graphic death scenes and that´s it.
Somehow they have managed to get Tangerine Dream to write the end credits tune
"Serpents theme" and even that was a bad one.
Starring Oliver Reed, Peter Fonda and Kerrie Keane.

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched "Deadly Friend" last night...might get banned from the posts...but...I didn't like it [Frown] I didn't see it as a kid, and find that sometimes makes a big difference...this was my first viewing, so at 36 years old...didn't cut it for me. My wife works til 11 PM tonight...trying to get my little fella to bed for 8 PM, then watch a horror movie...I'll let yas know which one later.
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ronnie:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by pettyfan:
I'm gonna watch Prince of Darkness. I've never seen it--hope it's good. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">good for you! one of john carpenter's best. [Smile]

But I never got past the first half hour!! I was so disappointed... [Frown]
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by buffalo-girl:
thanks 80'srocked!!

No problem buffalo-girl. I posted the movie last night....here is part 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJ5HJsicsbk&feature=related

I must warn you though....this is a terrible movie! [Wink]

Last night I watched Hello Mary Lou, Prom Night II:

-

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now what is this? Somekind of nightmare?
kev doesn´t like Deadly Friend and petty can´t even watch Prince of Darkness...

I´m going to bed and hope that everything ok when i wake up [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
evilash
Master Rewinder
Member # 6155

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for evilash   Email evilash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw Deadly Friend as a kid, but that was like 10 years ago.
Posts: 327 | From: Lebanon, OH | Registered: Oct 2007 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to let you down aTomik...I mean, when I saw that Albert from "Little House On The Prarie" was in it...I thought it would be an instant classic for sure [Roll Eyes] Hee Hee Hee
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
Just finished watching the original Frankenstein movie from 1931 w' Boris Karloff. This was an awesome movie with great visuals...really really liked it. Funny...I always thought I had seen this movie at one point or another, but apparently not.

* The Universal Legacy Collections are great...I have Frankenstein, Dracula, Wolfman, and The Mummy so far...love these classics.

Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
deadly friend is like, classic 80s horror cheese!
i tortured my little cousins with this movie. i think i made everyone i know watch this when i was little. i had recorded the movie off cable.

gotta love the new dvd case with the blue finger nails. [Roll Eyes] [Razz]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

quote:
Originally posted by pettyfan:
But I never got past the first half hour!! I was so disappointed... [Frown]

........... [Eek!] [Frown]
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm such a "Deadly Friend" fan ... I know I wrote about it somewhere in this thread last year. Anyway, I can definitely see why a first time viewer might not see it like others that remember it from the past. I always saw this as an Awkward Creepy flick.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kevdugp73:
Just finished watching the original Frankenstein movie from 1931 w' Boris Karloff. This was an awesome movie with great visuals...really really liked it. Funny...I always thought I had seen this movie at one point or another, but apparently not.

* The Universal Legacy Collections are great...I have Frankenstein, Dracula, Wolfman, and The Mummy so far...love these classics.

[Big Grin] I highly recommend checking out The Invisible Man and Werewolf of London if you haven't already done so. My favourites of the old universals.
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And Valley, don't you ever go wandering off again, you hear? [Mad] [Razz]

Good to have you back [Big Grin]

Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
At a second hand store today got The Return of the Living dead and Sleepaway Camp part 2 for $4 each...thought that was a pretty good scoop!
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
There'll be no morning for us....I need to get The Invisible Man and The Swamp Creature to complete my legacy collection...very nice double disc sets with great packaging. I've never seen the Werewolf of London...I'll have to check that out.
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tonights viewing:

Friday the 13th Part VI

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched Orphan. I thought it was good. I bought The Hills Run Red, so I plan on watching it tomorrow night.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
evilash
Master Rewinder
Member # 6155

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for evilash   Email evilash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ronnie:
deadly friend is like, classic 80s horror cheese!
i tortured my little cousins with this movie. i think i made everyone i know watch this when i was little. i had recorded the movie off cable.

gotta love the new dvd case with the blue finger nails. [Roll Eyes] [Razz]

Yeah, it really is a great movie. Not for the talent, not for the ending, but for the awesome robot and the warm 80s fuzzy feelings.
Posts: 327 | From: Lebanon, OH | Registered: Oct 2007 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
evilash
Master Rewinder
Member # 6155

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
About to watch Halloween 2 (better than the first in my opinion) and The Descent, not an 80s movie, but was told it's really scary.
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Watched Firestarter (1984) last night.
Still a good flick.
The final battle is the best 80s superhero stuff.

-

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last night:

Damien: Omen II

6/10

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BUMP!!! It's that time of the year again! What "scary" movies are you guys watching during the best month of the year? Lost Boys was first up for me. Never gets old!
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

Yay! I didn't even realize that it was October 1st. [Eek!] Happy October, you all.

So what are we all watching this year? [Cool] [Smile]

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amityville Horror - The original
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home