iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Halloween Scary Movie Thread (2008 -2011) (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  16  17  18   
Author Topic: Halloween Scary Movie Thread (2008 -2011)
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well October is almost here and I know that several of us start watching scary/horror movies beginning on October 1st with a movie party that culminates on Halloween night. This year is quite special in my opinion because October 31st falls on a Friday!

So let's all use this thread to share the movies we watch as we 'creep' toward another All Hallows Eve. It might remind everyone of some hidden gems that others might be watching.

Oh and if you started early.....let the movies begin.

[ 02. October 2011, 14:50: Message edited by: Valley ]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To begin my descent, I plan on watching Cheerleader Camp (1987) on the night of October 1st. Great cast with Betsy Russell, Lucinda Dlckey, and Lorie Griffin with some of the best b-movie make-up special effects ever.

-

Give me a K - Give me an I - Give me an L - Give me an L

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I already started my run early with the Lost Boys, The Hunger and Near Dark. Much more to come.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please, Valley, I have already started! [Smile] I watched Halloween II and one of the Candyman movies...the one in New Orleans...it was like part 3 I think.

Is Cheerleader Camp any good?

Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i watched friday the 13th parts one through three. i also am watching seasons 1 & 2 of the show Supernatural...just saw an episode called bloody mary.
i plan on watching the freddy movies... i purposely haven't watched those in a long time so that i can watch parts 1 though 4. and i ALWAYS watch the halloweens - parts 2, 3, 4 & 5 are my faves for this time of year.

valley, i have cheerleader camp and have only watched it once since i bought it. but i'm gonna pull it out of the bin and watch it again.

petty i think you would appreciate cheerleader camp. it's campy but totally 80s.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, someone please give me 5 best movies to watch on Halloweenie.... Valley?
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NowhereGirl:
i watched friday the 13th parts one through three. i also am watching seasons 1 & 2 of the show Supernatural...just saw an episode called bloody mary.
i plan on watching the freddy movies... i purposely haven't watched those in a long time so that i can watch parts 1 though 4. and i ALWAYS watch the halloweens - parts 2, 3, 4 & 5 are my faves for this time of year.

valley, i have cheerleader camp and have only watched it once since i bought it. but i'm gonna pull it out of the bin and watch it again.

petty i think you would appreciate cheerleader camp. it's campy but totally 80s.

I love Supernatural. The Bloody Mary ep was really good.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, it's Halloween all year round in this house, watch at least 4 horror films every week [Smile]

-

[ 25. September 2008, 04:04: Message edited by: Helen_S ]

Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aruba4me
Senior Rewinder
Member # 6258

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Aruba4me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know this is an 80's site, but it is the 30th anniversary of the original Halloween movie. Here is a great site with info on a special 30th anniversary party and a chance to win an invite to the party. The site also covers every other Halloween movie ever made! Enjoy!
www.halloweenmovies.com

We have already started watching scary movies to get in the holiday spirit as well. First up was The Evil Dead!

Posts: 71 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pettyfan:
I love Supernatural. The Bloody Mary ep was really good.

awesome [Smile]

i am enjoying this show a lot. even the first episode was spooky and i didn't think it would get to me at all. what a good show.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I personally love to watch Halloween (orginal) and a few of the Friday the 13th movies 3-5.

I think I will add a few more to the list this year. I don't know why but fall just seems to be a perfect time to curl up with some sweats on and get in to a great horror flick.

Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know I love Halloween....it is my favorite holiday...I love it even more than Christmas...I really don't think it fits my personality at all either...but I love watching older scary movies.
I will watch one every night in October. I am saving ...

Night of the Creeps
Curtains
The Boogens

For right around the night of my party ...I have never seen any of them.

I always watch Halloween 1 and 2 on Halloween night.

I just saw Friday the 13th part 2 on regular TV just a few nights ago.

I have Cheerleader Camp on DVD, but haven't watched it yet...I'll have to...I had bought it on a VHS tape a few years ago...and got to the end and the tape was all messed up...so I never saw the end. So, I will watch it October 1st too...then I can comment on it more.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have a store here Fred Meyer and I wondered the Halloween section and found these dvd triple sets.......and bought The "dying to be popular" set it has Carrie, Hello Mary Lou Prom night 2 ( I liked it better then the original) and Swim Fan but there are a lot of them with a mix of 80's horror movies.......you can find some of them at Amazon under "triple feature dvd set" I only paid $14.99.
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What horror movies are out there that have a fall or halloween theme to them? Of Course the Halloween movies do, but I'm curious if there are others?
Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gordon, try these:

Night of the Demons, 1988
Primal Rage, 1988
Clownhouse, 1989
Hollow Gate, 1988
Flesh Eater, 1988
Lady in White, 1988
Trick or Treat, 1986
Once Bitten, 1985
Hell Night, 1981

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lady in white is a great one 80'srocked!
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

There's a movie called Clownhouse? Is it about evil little clowns? I hate clowns.
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Muffy Tepperman:
Lady in white is a great one 80'srocked!

Sure is. I haven't seen it in quite some time, but I do remember it was set in the 60's on Halloween and there's a boy who saw a murder or something like that. I know that I liked it. Have to watch it again.

Welcome back from Walley World, BTW. [Wink]

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by pettyfan:
There's a movie called Clownhouse? Is it about evil little clowns? I hate clowns.

You're not afraid of clowns, are you? [Wink]

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094886/

-

Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
80'sRocked you must watch Lady in White again soon and give me a report!!

Even the song on the record player creeped me out as a kid. It's a great movie.

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Will do Muffy. I have it on VHS somewhere [Confused] ....must dig it out.
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think "The Stepfather" is a great movie for this time of year...not only is it scary...but it does have beautiful fall weather in it.

I love any movie that is set in the fall.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lovely_julie
Senior Rewinder
Member # 6249

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for lovely_julie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Halloween themed horror movies aside from the Michael Myers Halloween movies to watch are.

trick or treats(1982>

trick or treat(1986>

Mr. Halloween (2007>

Posts: 61 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
Thanks for all the suggestions. I will have to check them out.

Isis, I too love movies set in the fall. They have such a great feeling to them.

kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have about 75 horror movies, so I also try to start on October 1st and save my favorites for Halloween night. Must sees for me are Halloween 1-6, a couple Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elmstreet. Also Monster Squad, Fright Night, and embarressed to say...Hocus Pocus! I also really love Fat Albert's Halloween Special....and many many more. I have a two year old son, so me and my wife are pretty tired when he goes to bed at 8 PM or so. Realistically, if I get to watch 10 horror movies in all of October, I'll consider myself lucky. Ahhhh, I remember the days I could have movie marathons....maybe someday down the road....wouldn't change things if I could though. Any reccomendations for Halloween movies a two year old can watch [Big Grin]
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  16  17  18   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home