iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Mia Sara & Sherilyn Fenn show-Birds of Prey!?!?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mia Sara & Sherilyn Fenn show-Birds of Prey!?!?
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Guys,

Wasn't sure where to post this so I threw it in here...Anyways, I came across this show called Birds of Prey. It was on the WB Network I believe back in 2002-2003. It was a show loosely based on the Batman comic and centered around Batgirl (who gets shot by The Joker and is now paralyzed but still fights crime), Batman's daughter Helena (who he had with Catwoman) and the villian Harley Quinn (who secretly plays Helena's psychologist but is really against her).

Well, Mia Sara of Ferris Bueller fame, plays Harley Quinn in the show. I was shocked not only at how different she looked with her short, blonde hair but more so at her acting abilities. She is a total nut in this character! It's amazing and entertaining to see the reserved "Sloane Peterson" playing such a vindictive maniac! I was hypnotized by her performance. I watched the whole season in 2 days.

Have any of you guys ever seen this?? It just came out on DVD and that's how I found out about it. I rented it through Netflix.

The other thing I wanted to mention was that on the DVD, they include the Unaired Pilot, which features Sherilyn Fenn. Apparently, she was the first choice to play Harley Quinn but at the last minute, they dropped her from the role and gave it to Mia Sara...ouch! This was definitely Mia's role! Hands down. I love Sherilyn but she was too passive for the character. Mia put it all out there.

It's intriguing to say the least. Here are some pics!!

-

-

[ 15. September 2008, 08:41: Message edited by: cindymancini ]

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sherilyn Finn was on one of my favorite shows Gilmore Girls and actually played two different characters........one towards the begining of the shows run and one towards the end.....I might need to check this show out......Cindy you must watch GGirls now [Smile]
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CindyM,

I do remember when this show came out, but, I don't remember watching it. It does sound good though. Did you say it was only out for one season?

- Jdoc [Smile]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would never have known from that photo that was Mia Sara. I liked her better as a brunette.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with ISIS. Blond is beautiful, but there is nothing like a good looking brunette IMO.

I liked her best in Legend.

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This show sounds really familiar. Was Natasha Hensdridge in this?
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fightertown
Master Rewinder
Member # 7418

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Fightertown   Email Fightertown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After catching 'Any Given Sunday' on cable one day. There was a scene with Jamie Foxx at a bar with a few friends. One of the friends look spot on like Mia Sara. As it turned out it was not her just an extra who could have played her twin.
Posts: 230 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TNUC
Master Rewinder
Member # 3594

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TNUC   Author's Homepage   Email TNUC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still say Sherilyn Fenn is the hottest 80's chick to grace the screen. Especially in "The Wraith"...soo foxy
Posts: 193 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fightertown
Master Rewinder
Member # 7418

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Fightertown   Email Fightertown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jamie Gertz
Brooke Shields
Sherilyn Fenn
Elizabeth Shue
Mia Sara

Posts: 230 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home