iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Psych on USA Network.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Psych on USA Network.
Big Kahuna
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5278

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Big Kahuna   Email Big Kahuna   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this show before...but, I discovered it about a month ago on DVD (S1 and S2)...and I gotta say, it is one the funniest shows out there. Not only that, but the characters mention a BUNCH of 80s references (love season 2!). HIGHLY recommended! Season 3 is ongoing and comes on FRIDAY nights.
Posts: 23 | From: okc, ok | Registered: Dec 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes indeed, it's definitely one of the best on TV at the moment. although Monk is highest in my book. The chemistry between James Roday and Dule Hill is priceless, and the rest of the cast, Corbin Bernsen in particular, shine as well. I love whenever they throw in an 80s reference, as they usually hit the mark perfectly; the high school reunion episode from a few weeks ago where they referenced every single Hughes film and even reenacted Samantha and Ted in the car at the dance pretty much shot for shot had me in stitches (the Season 2 premiere when they went on the faux American Idol as Michael Jackson and Tears for Fears was a riot as well). Hopefully they'll have at least 4 more years after this to entertain us.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Monk has really gone downhill since Bitty Schramm left, but Psych has been pretty consistent so far. I agree that the chemistry between Roday and Hill is the driving force. They need to work on developing all the supporting characters better, though. They all come off as very one-dimensional and fail to grow into much more than one-punchline jokes. The Dad is always in the exacerbated father role, the detective is always stern and humorless...they never change or do anything interesting; we never learn much more about them that takes them out of the realm of caricature. Plus, like Monk nowdays, the mysteries are pretty uninspired. But the humor and winning lead performances on Psych continually elevate it above mediocrity. The '80s references are particularly great. I just about hit the floor when Roday did the Tears for Fears performance.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home