iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » I should be shot because I've never seen... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I should be shot because I've never seen...
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

80's movies that you haven't seen yet that everyone has told you to see for the longest time.

I am guilty of a few of these.

I have never seen Fraternity Vacation, Tuff Turf, or Modern Girls. I also have never watched the Untouchables from beginning to end.

Some of these replies should be good.

We are DEVO

[ 24. July 2008, 07:09: Message edited by: Devolution ]

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
E.T.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course I love love love "Back To The Future", but have yet to see part 2 or 3, though I own the box set. I've also never seen Electric Dreams or Modern Girls. I've noted before that I own approx 150 (80's) movies on DVD, so consider myself a huge fan of the 80's, however, I only saw "Fast Times At Ridegemont high" less than a month ago. Finally, my most evil crime...I've not seen Valley Girl yet; started watching it about a month ago as well and was only about 15 minutes into it when my son woke up from his nap early....my wife was working and I was pretty sure that my little fella wouldn't sit through Valley Girl....unless I continuously fed him jumbo freezies throughout the whole movie....which I considered for only one second...too much sugar and brain freezes, so I had to shut it of.
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devo, hard to believe no Tuff Turf, or Modern Girls.

I've never seen Mystic Pizza, Space Camp, Princess Academy, Tomboy, Pin, Last House on the Left, Echo Park, Teen Witch, Labyrinth, Flash Gordon and Dogs in Space.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You guys might want to sit down for this one - VALLEY GIRL.

I here all the talk about it and been meaning to see it, but haven't had the time. Please don't be too hard on me. [Wink]

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
You guys might want to sit down for this one - VALLEY GIRL.

I here all the talk about it and been meaning to see it, but haven't had the time. Please don't be too hard on me. [Wink]

Like not too cool 80'sRocked......like I won't get bummed out.

As a fan of 80's music, you need to give "Valley Girl" a shot fer shur. Don't let the title fool ya it's an awesome movie.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take it there's all that kind of "bimbo/surfer" talk in it?

I am a huge fan of Cage, so I will eventually watch it. How do you say, fer shur?

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, the Val speak is not what you think it will be...they set the tone early and then it just evolves into a great movie. If you're a Nic Cage fan this movie is must.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
deathbystereo80
Rewind Guru
Member # 2005

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for deathbystereo80   Email deathbystereo80   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't seen Valley Girl yet either...
80'sRocked, we should watch this one together, I'll bring the beer. [Big Grin]

Posts: 562 | From: Santa Carla | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by deathbystereo80:
I haven't seen Valley Girl yet either...
80'sRocked, we should watch this one together, I'll bring the beer. [Big Grin]

Sounds good to me. I'll book the flight today.

Yeah right, I wish... [Wink]

mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never seen TOP GUN....and I probably never will.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I should be shot for all the Tom Cruise movies I HAVE watched!
Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
I think Cruise is a great actor and I like most of his movies. It's just a shame he turned into a nut job.
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tom cruise is an awesome actor.. he has starred in a lot of movies people like.. (or used to like, it seems).

i've never seen 9 to 5. i tried but my local video store doesn't have it.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -  -  -

OMG!!! You guys are in trouble!!!! [Smile]

80'sRocked... You're killing me... Like, "gag me with a spoon"

mama, no Top Gun?

Sammy, no E.T.? Yikes!

I've never seen Tuff Turf...  -

[Big Grin]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
I know Jdoc...I knew I'd get hammered for admitting this. I just ordered it today though. When I watch it, I'll let you all know what I think of it.

BTW, like the new graemlins you got.

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
looking through some the old threads and came across this cool one devo done sometime back that i felt needs bringing back to life.

a few 80s flicks that are mostly well known that i've had a chance of watching and heard mostly good things about but am guilty of continuosly passing on them over the years.

-

a christmas story
space camp
irreconcilable differences
brainstorm

-

howard the duck (or howard the turkey as some people have described it)
top gun
blue velvet
taps

-

one dark night
brainstorm
thrashin
adventures of buckaroo banzai

-

troll
the pick up artist
vibes
kansas

-

[ 09. February 2013, 08:08: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

some of the stuff i've heard about howard the duck over the years may be it's not a case of you feel you should be shot for not watching it more of a case you feel you should be shot after watching it [Big Grin]

[ 09. February 2013, 08:24: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the young warrior:

blue velvet

Fix this, fix this right nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
that's another one i've never got round to seeing - martin scorsese's raging bull,i can't believe i've never got round to watching it,i love scorsese's and de niro's other collaborations,i'm going to sought this one out pronto.

helen, blue velvet i'll get right onto that,i'm going to add it my rental list now.

Megaforce
Senior Rewinder
Member # 7183

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Megaforce   Email Megaforce   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I´ve never seen any of the Police Academy movies...
Posts: 70 | From: Sweden | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Megaforce I'd say the first 4 I found to be fun especially the original but after that they seemed to loose there way badly,it didn't help the fact the main star steve guttenberg "Mahoney" jumped ship after part 4.
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like Howard The Duck !

There, i said it ! [Big Grin]

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Considering I have seen most of the well known 80's movies, the ones I haven't seen I don't feel too bad about.
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Helen_S:
quote:
Originally posted by the young warrior:

blue velvet

Fix this, fix this right nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
No.

Howard the Duck first.

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home