iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Complete Rocky collection???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Complete Rocky collection???
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey folks,

I like the Rocky series and I'm looking at the different "boxed-sets" out there. So, what do you folks think? By the set or buy them otherwise?

Here: what I'm looking at now:
http://www.amazon.com/Rocky-Complete-Collection-Sylvester-Stallone/dp/B000WC3A0S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1216510147&sr=1-1

Please give me your opinions... [Smile]

Thanks...

-jdocster04

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
records1black
Master Rewinder
Member # 7105

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for records1black   Author's Homepage   Email records1black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you should go for it. If you like the series as much as I do then why not? The dvd collection is on offer to and I think that Amazon provide a great service.

I suppose I don't really like Rocky five. But why bother to buy the movies individually when you might as well go for the whole lot whist you are getting money off.
[Smile]

Posts: 180 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I thought it was a good deal for the money, but some of the reviews say it lacks any special features...

Anyone else have an opinion? C'mon rewinders... [Big Grin]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the box collection that's out of print I think. It's a red box with boxing gloves on the front &silver lettering. There's a few special features on part 1 but parts 2-5 only contain theatrical trailers...........
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
records1black
Master Rewinder
Member # 7105

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for records1black   Author's Homepage   Email records1black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is the Rocky anthology I suppose which I think might be cheeper. If you look on the their Uk site U will find it. [Smile]
Posts: 180 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

You have to love all of them. I don't know, I only own 2, but that's me.

It's looks good though.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought the black & gold anthology ultimate edition (Rocky I-V): nice set, all movies appear to be remastered, Rocky I is the 2-disc feature with plenty of good extras, the rest are just the films. Some people prefer the new black & red set with Sly's bruised face on it, but I don't regard Rocky Balboa as part of the original quintet, its a good movie, but more of an afterthought, a final hurrah if you will.

[ 21. July 2008, 07:07: Message edited by: Kash ]

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
Interesting ideas....

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home