iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Teen Witch

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Teen Witch
stix33
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3861

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for stix33     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love this one. I recently bought it for my daughter, who I am trying my best to turn into an 80's fanatic as well!

Anyway, I did not know that Robin Lively's little sister is Blake, who has starred in Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, as well as Gossip Girl.

Posts: 73 | From: Kansas. The O.Z. | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi stix33,

I enjoyed Robyn Lively in both the "The Karate Kid: Part III" and "Teen Witch". Also, her brother Jason Lively starred in the 80's movie "Night of the Creeps" which is an underrated flick in my opinion.

Ok, about the movie..."Teen Witch" is definitely a cute movie and oozes 80's...there is even a little breakdancing in it if I remember correctly. Oh and it had "Can't Buy Me Love"s Tina Caspary, so seeing a fav from a different 80's movies is always a bonus in my opinion.

My only drawback is that lady from "Poltergeist" gives me the "They're here" creeps when ever I see her. What a career she's had though.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know with this movie I have found people either love it or hate it. I am all about the love here. Oddly enough, I never saw Teen Witch in the 80's. I discovered it a few years back and thought it was great. Sure it's hokey with the musical numbers and Disney like moments but overall, it deserves its recognition.

I always LOVED the opening scene where Louise is dreaming about her and Brad on top of a building and the song "Never Gonna Be The Same Again" is playing. Why can't I get that song??? I've looked for years...

So yeah, Robin Lively is cool. She was also in Dream A Little Dream 2 and had a rather nice kissing scene with Corey Feldman of all people...I know...but there was good chemistry and it translated to the big screen.

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stix33
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3861

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for stix33     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't realize that she was in Dream a Little Dream 2! Now I'm gonna have to watch it!
Posts: 73 | From: Kansas. The O.Z. | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cindy, I figured your fav song from "Teen Witch" was 'I Like Boys'. ha

Actually the song 'Popular Girl' and 'Finest Hour' are decent.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the songs are excellent in this movie..
(dont' know the exact titles)
the most popular girl
never gonna be the same again
top that [Big Grin]
it's gonna be my finest hour
i like boys

robin lively looks so pretty in this movie.

and brad is definitely a hottie *swoon*

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Miss Cindy you crack me up....thats song hahaha.....this is one of those movies everybody knows about that I wouldn't think know about I think because it played on Disney and HBO for so many years. So girls I know that are 21 go I loved that movie........my fav........"top that........I don't realy give a .... about trying to top that"

oh and Dream a Little Dream 2 was weird and unwatchable to me. Was nothing like the orignial at all......it's like them sitting in a little apartment a whole week.......haha I haven't seen it since then....:)so remind me what it was about?

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stix33
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3861

Member Rated:
I loved the "Top That" scene where the friend and the guy she's crushing on are having a rap-off...so funny! There were right there in the middle of the street just "topping that"!!!
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Muffy Tepperman:
oh and Dream a Little Dream 2 was weird and unwatchable to me. Was nothing like the orignial at all......it's like them sitting in a little apartment a whole week.......haha I haven't seen it since then....:)so remind me what it was about?

Muffy, you are correct...DALD2 is pretty much unwatchable. It is nothing like the first, which I hold pretty dear. I bought it out of curiousity. I was happily surprised when Robin showed up in it. She may be the only redemption factor. All I can tell you is there are some kind of magic sunglasses involved and Haim is beyond "medicated" throughout his performance. I can burn you a copy if you want to sheck it out. [Cool] <-Magic Sunglasses...hahaha!
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home