iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Wolfen

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wolfen
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was on last night....so I watched some of it. It is a really weird movie. I remember watching it in the 80's. It gave me the creeps. I liked Gregory Hines's character.

The scene in the morgue, with all the naked people laying on the tables and Albert Finney is eating a cookie while they are disecting people...is pretty freaky. I couldn't believe they showed full frontal male nudity in that movie, and it got an R rating.

The scene at the end ...where the wolves are in the apartment building...that is very creepy.

I like how they film the movie through the eyes of the wolves...at different places in the movie.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Watched Wolfen (1981) which was... interesting.

Very slow moving at times but i liked the overall atmosphere and the New York settings were great (Bronx wasteland, the bridge etc.).
It´s not your ordinary werewolf film because there´s lots of native american mysticism here.

Albert Finney plays a laidback detective, Edward James Olmos is among the cast with some other cool fellas like Gregory Hines, Tom Noonan and D1ck O´Neill.
Diane Venora is the leading actress but i didn´t buy her love scene with Finney, totally unecessary (can´t believe that i just wrote that [Big Grin] )
And our very own Miss Universum Anne Pohtamo appears in the opening sequence!

Not a classic but good enough and i loved the finale.

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wolfen is kind of a horror film for people who don't ordinarily like horror films. It has a great cast, excellent atmosphere, and the politically conscious plot, along with the werewolf elements. Good film.

I agree with you that there was no chemistry to speak of for the love scene between Diane Venora and Albert Finney. She's a fine, fine actress (she played a female Hamlet for Joe Papp in NYC), who doesn't do a lot of movies. And she basically doesn't have much to do in most of them, like Michael Mann's Heat.

Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great movie. Slow moving, but still great. I remember watching it when I was a kid. My Mother never liked us to watched "horror" movies. She said we'd have nightmares (I did not!).
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I rate Wolfen as well I think it's a good film,Hines and Finney were excellent as usual and in all truth I didn't find it too slow going myself!

Plus like everyone has mentioned it's got a great atmosphere to it!

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home