iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Beverly Hills cop (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Beverly Hills cop
records1black
Master Rewinder
Member # 7105

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for records1black   Author's Homepage   Email records1black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you so much for that rare clip of Eddie 80's rocked, he is brilliant [Big Grin] I was watching Trading places yeterday and I agree that those are his best flims. I think Coming to America is brillant and I gets 5 stars.

Thank you for the recomendation StevenHW. You got any links to clips for that movie or anyone for that matter, 'To Live and Die In LA.'

Waht is SNL by the way?? I can't belive I have never seen nor heard of the show before. Am I right in guessing it was an American show??? [Smile]

Posts: 180 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SNL is "Saturday Night Live", an American skit/comedy show which has aired for over 25 years. Alot of comedians and actors got their start on this show. Some from the 80's include - John Belushi, Eddie Murphy, Bill Murray, Gilda Radner, Jane Curtain, Dan Akroyd, Gilbert Gottfried, Billy Crystal, Martin Short, Dana Carvey, Mike Myers...Just to name some. Still a great show today, but not as good as the 80's or even the 90's in my opinion.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
records1black
Master Rewinder
Member # 7105

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for records1black   Author's Homepage   Email records1black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They don't make anything like that in England. I have heard of it it now I know what the intials satnd for! Thanks for that 80's rocked. I love Dan Ackroryd and Bill Muray, both have a strange sence of humor. I wonder if it airs on English cable TV?

I suppose most shows aren't like what they used to be. The 90's had some good TV shows as well as the 80's, for example Casualty which I would follow regulary late 80's, early to mid 90's, (the English ER you could say). Now I don't really watch TV much at all, it just seems dull. Maybe its diffrent in America, but hey you can't have it all.

What other links have you got 80's rocked for SNL? What about Dan Ackroyd? [Cool]

Posts: 180 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's not much out there with Dan Akroyd. Here's one I found. He comes on about half way through the skit:
http://www.jibjab.com/view/200522

Here's some Mike Myers:
http://www.jibjab.com/view/204920

Here's Dana Carvey with Fred Savage:
http://www.jibjab.com/view/179415

I have to throw this one in with Chris Farley, He was my favorite of all time:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ppN-Q4fCpoQ&feature=related

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
records1black,

Go to youtube.com and search for "SNL" or "Saturday night live" and you will find all kinds of videos. You can also by the old SNL shows on amazon.com...
The stuff from the 80s is really something to see.

Hope this helps... [Smile]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
x0x0ilymucho
Master Rewinder
Member # 6772

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for x0x0ilymucho   Author's Homepage   Email x0x0ilymucho       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ahh i absolutely looove beverly hlls cop the soundtrack os great and it has a really happy fun vibe :]
Posts: 102 | From: Hill Valley, 1985 | Registered: Mar 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
records1black
Master Rewinder
Member # 7105

Member Rated:
Hi Guys thanks for all of your help. That show is relly good, so I will be looking out for the vids.

Those clips are really funny 80's rocked thank you for sharing them with us!!! Dan Ackroyd is ace. I really like him in the Blues Brothers which I find a hoot. That scene with the Nun, right at the beginning of the film is brilliant.

Does anyone else like the Beverly Hills cop sound track??? It does have a happy, uplifting vibe to it and the songs are pretty catchy to. The song by Vanity 6 is not on the soundtrack tho, (the song used in the strip club). I managed to get hold of a copy of it on the Girl 6 sound track. Anyone else dig that 'nasty girl' tune? [Cool]

Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

That song is awesome. I have it, and it's also in Private School.

Great Song.

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone even know where Harold Faltermeyer is these days? He seems to have gone completely off the map after his heyday scoring this and Fletch.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From Wikipedia...

"After Tango & Cash I made a decision to go back and raise my children in Germany, where I was born", Faltermeyer said in a 2006 interview for the Tango & Cash soundtrack CD. From his Red Deer Studios Estate in Munich, Germany, he has continued producing hit records and soundtracks mainly for the German market.

In 2002, he went to Vienna and wrote a musical with Rainhard Fendrich, Wake Up, which played for nearly two years in Vienna's famous Raimund Theater. The following soundtrack CD employed Copy Control technology and features an orchestral ouverture as well as 16 songs.

"But now I think it's time to come back where I started from." Faltermeyer has become re-associated with his Los Angeles agency, Creative Artists Agency, and is looking forward to getting involved again in Hollywood filmscoring. Earlier in 2006, Faltermeyer crafted the in-game soundtrack music for the computer game, Two Worlds.

Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
records1black
Master Rewinder
Member # 7105

Member Rated:
Thanks for the info on Harold Faltermeyer Nomster. That guy knows how to use synths. I hate that Crazy Frog song where they sampled the Beverly hills cop theme tune..I bet I am not alone there....anyone else agree??

I don't know why they didn't put Vanity 6's 'Nasty girl' on the soundtrack, but perhaps its was because of the lyrics. It is a really good song tho. I really like the Pointer Sisters and I like the scence at the beginning of the film, were the use of thier music helps to make the scene even more energetic - the heat is on!

The theme tune for Beverly Hills cop is quite notorious. I think because of the music (as well as Eddie Murphy) people instantaly know the film. Good soundtracks often help people to remember films/scenes and Beverly hills cop is one of those films that is recgonised world wide because of the sucsses of the theme tune as well as the sucess it made in the box office. I think Top Gun and Dirty Dancing are also examples of this, although the Top Gun sondtrack, (I think) was the most popular ost album to get, even now. [Cool]

jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like that song from Beverly Hills Cop II by Bob Seger "Shakedown".

Shakedown
Breakdown
Takedown
Everybody wants into the crowded line
Breakdown
Takedown
You're busted

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
records1black
Master Rewinder
Member # 7105

Member Rated:
Hey now your takling jdocster04!! I have that soundtrack to!! That song is ace I think they used it for the beginning of the film. I haven't watched it for a while so I could be wrong.

I love The Jets song 'Cross my Broken Heart.' it is played in the back ground on a radio when they are in the bar. [Smile] [Cool]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home