iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » looking for title

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: looking for title
alicia84
Rewind Curious
Member # 7053

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for alicia84   Email alicia84   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok so this sounds strange but i had a favorite movie as a youngster, and the only thing that i absolutely remember is that the movie is about a young couple deciding to get married, and the scene that stands out in my mind is of the bride in the restroom crying on the toilet. Please help if you can!
Posts: 4 | From: california | Registered: Jun 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Big Kahuna
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5278

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Big Kahuna   Email Big Kahuna   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What year were you watching this?

quote:
Originally posted by alicia84:
Ok so this sounds strange but i had a favorite movie as a youngster, and the only thing that i absolutely remember is that the movie is about a young couple deciding to get married, and the scene that stands out in my mind is of the bride in the restroom crying on the toilet. Please help if you can!

Posts: 23 | From: okc, ok | Registered: Dec 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alicia84
Rewind Curious
Member # 7053

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for alicia84   Email alicia84   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was watching it early 90s
Posts: 4 | From: california | Registered: Jun 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Big Kahuna
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5278

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Big Kahuna   Email Big Kahuna   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definitely from the 80s, right? I'll try to find out what movie that is. Got some 80s movie buffs at work.

quote:
Originally posted by alicia84:
i was watching it early 90s

Posts: 23 | From: okc, ok | Registered: Dec 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could it be "For Keeps?" Made in 1988.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Big Kahuna
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5278

Rate Member
Great pick....that could be it.

quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
Could it be "For Keeps?" Made in 1988.

alicia84
Rewind Curious
Member # 7053

Rate Member
I checked online and that isnt it, idk, maybe I am just remembering wrong?
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SHE'S HAVING A BABY 1988?????
Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JAYLEE:

I thought of that one too, but I don't remember the crying on the toilet.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
do you remember what the bride/groom looked like?
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A real shot in the dark here - MYSTIC PIZZA?
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you know what came to mind to me......was a scene in Working Girl when they crash the wedding and the bride is in the bathroom upset that her wedding is hideous? haha

I thought of For Keeps at first though.....I don't remember much of it though

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
quote:
Originally posted by JAYLEE:

I thought of that one too, but I don't remember the crying on the toilet.
I can remember crying on the toilet before, but it wasn't in a movie... [Smile] Come on... It's kind of funny...
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
[Big Grin] Yeah, that was pretty funny jdoc [Big Grin]
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the same scene came to my mind too, muffy - the working girl scene...how funny.

but for keeps was definitely the first thing i would have guessed.

i have no idea now...*shrug*

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shellgeo
Rewind Curious
Member # 7073

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for shellgeo   Email shellgeo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
does anyone remember a moive about people being made to put triangle stickers on side of face?
Posts: 3 | Registered: Jun 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by shellgeo:
does anyone remember a moive about people being made to put triangle stickers on side of face?

Was this made in the 80's? Comedy? Horror? Any other little details will help.
tweetychica
Rewind Curious
Member # 7090

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for tweetychica   Email tweetychica   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi i was wonderin if the video for "all i wanna do is make love to you" is part of a movie and what the name of the movie is.......thankyou
Posts: 3 | Registered: Jun 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alicia84
Rewind Curious
Member # 7053

Rate Member
As crazy as it sounds i finally found the movie that i was looking for, it all happened by a twist of fate, i was watching ******* out of Carolina, and realized the awful stepfather was the main character in the movie, I googled him and the movie I had been looking for was True Love!!! Super excited...already ordered it on amazon!!
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That has to feel good after all these years, right alicia84? Thanks for remembering to stop in here and give the answer. I don't think I've seen True Love, so after you watch it again, I'd be interested in hearing more about it.
Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home