iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Friday the 13th

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Friday the 13th
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In honor of tomorrow being Friday the 13th...I have to watch the movie.

I have become really good friends with Adrienne King...she played "Alice" in the first movie.

They are remaking a new Friday the 13th, and she asked me about writing to the producers to see about reviving her character for the movie. But, they don't want to bring any of the original cast back for it...which I think is dumb.

I think they ruined these movies after part 4.

It just got so unbelievable, and I could never watch them.

But, the first 3...are 3 of my favorite horror movies. I love the cast.

Adrienne has been going to more fan conventions. She just did Fangoria in February.

She has a My Space page now, and she has her own website too at:

www.adrienneking.com

She'll be in Kentucky in September....she does do alot of things with Betsy Palmer and Ari Lehman (he was Jason as a little boy -in part 1).

Ari has a band called "First Jason".

Me and Cindymancini and our other friend...went to the real Lake last fall that the movie was filmed at...we got kicked off...but we got to take some cool pictures...of the Lake and the town and the diner-which were all scenes from the movie...and then that night Adrienne called us on the phone, and it was so cool to talk to her.

I remember she told Cindymancini a story about the boots she is wearing in the movie and how they had no budget for the wardrobe....she said they had a blast making the movie.

She stopped acting because of a real life stalker. But she did stay working in the film industry doing looping.

I have an awesome picture of her and Betsy Palmer.

Doing that whole Friday the 13th thing with cindymancini was totally surreal....we watched the movie after talking to Adrienne, and we were sitting there saying..."do you know how many Friday the 13th fans" would have died to do what we just did....it was so fun.

I am going to go email Adrienne and tell her to have a great day tomorrow.

Anyone else want to watch the movie, for fun???

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My best friend gave me the box set awhile back and every once and awhile we crack em out. I have never liked the FRIDAY franchise as much as HALLOWEENs and ELM STREETs but every so often I feel like watching them. I probably will today.
My favorites are parts 1,2,3 and 6.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They're gonna start showing the Friday the 13th TV series on the Zone Horror channel here in the uk from tonight. Never seen it before, I know it's nothing to do with Jason but looking forward to it anyway [Smile]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to try and watch it at some point this weekend! Maybe even really late tonight...I was thinking about how cool it was to actually visit Camp Crystal Lake. I went there 3 times. The second time my friend and I made a video and it just rocked.

As for going with Isis, yeah, that was insane [Smile] !! I loved it and it was great being there with a fellow Rewinder who was just as enthusiastic!!! Talking to Adrienne was really cool too! She's a very nice, humble person. I hope I get to meet her one day.

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imawalkingcorpse
Master Rewinder
Member # 1675

1 Update

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for imawalkingcorpse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They show that Friday the 13th series on Chiller network here all the time. I always liked the original 3 movies and I also wonder how many kids visited that camp tonight.
Posts: 199 | From: Overland Park | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved the first episode of the show [Smile]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
But then it quickly got old, I gave up on it after 8 episodes.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home