iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » FAVORITE TV SHOWS FROM THE 80's (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: FAVORITE TV SHOWS FROM THE 80's
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
#1 on my list is "Macgyver". I have the boxset and still love it today. I also love the whole "V" series.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tough one....

Family ties is hard to beat...
21 jump street
The Cosby's
Married With Children
Wonder Years
Magnum PI
Hill Street Blues
St. Elswhere
Knight Rider

Lots...

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All I watch are DVDs of TV shows from the 70's and 80's.

We are watching Season 2 of Soap right now.

The TV shows I own and love are:

Silver Spoons
Bosom Buddies season 1 and 2
Facts of Life
Mork and Mindy
The Fall Guy
Riptide
MacGyver
CHiPs
Dynasty
Dallas
Little House on the Prairie
Diff'rent Strokes
Alice
Family Ties

Some of the shows I have from the 70's are:
Starsky and Hutch seasons 1-4
Emergency
The Bionic Woman
The Six Million Dollar Man
Wonder Woman
The Incredible Hulk
The Secrets of Isis
Sigmund and the Seamonsters
The Kroft Supershow
The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew
Donny and Marie
Sonny and Cher
Land of the Lost

Some of the shows I'd like to have on DVD or see come to DVD that were my favorites are:

Double Trouble
Grizzly Adams
The Man from Atlantis
Square Pegs

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What the heck was "The Secrets of Isis" about?
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In no particular order:

-Alf
-Perfect Strangers
-The Greatest American Hero
-Moonlighting
-Night Court
-Sledge Hammer (!)
-Fraggle Rock
-just about every single game show that aired over the course of the decade
-also pretty much every single animated series

Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MIAMI VICE... the greatest cop show ever made, me and my friends would play it, after the show, and then you had five kids arguing for hours, over who got to be Sonny Crockett.... aah good times!

THE FALL GUY... Lee Majors was one manly mofo, and Heather Thomas was hot in a bikini, also loved that GMC Sierra truck with the eagle decal!

THE A-TEAM... I loved how Mr. T would just add more and more gold chains for every episode, by the final season, he was barely able to stand up!

KNIGHT RIDER... A talking car... what kid didn't watch this show?!

HILL STREET BLUES... awesome cop show, awesome theme song, never did figure out what city it was suppose to be set in, does anyone know?!

BRING EM' BACK ALIVE... I was totally into the Indy movies and that whole adventure thing, so this show was one of my favourites!

DEGRASSI JUNIOR HIGH... use to watch this with my sister all the time, good memories... even if the show itself, was not that great!

21 JUMP STREET... great teen cop show, Depp was cool, and Holly Robinson was hot!

SATURDAY MORNING CARTOONS... Transformers, Thundercats, Masters of the universe, GI Joe, M.A.S.K, Sheera, Robotech etc. Damn I miss the 80's...):

Well, I pretty much watched every American tv show that was on back then, even the bad ones... Which resulted in me getting top marks in english all through school, and never having to do homework in that class! So don't ever say that television is a waste of time, and just makes you dumber... [Smile]

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Beauty and the Beast, by far and away my favourite.

Love Alien Nation too.

Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
jdoc- go here...

http://www.angelfire.com/tv2/isis/home.html

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here´s some:

Battlestar Galactica
Dallas
Dempsey and Makepeace
Dynasty
Fame
Hill Street Blues
Houston Knights
Knight Rider
Mac Gyver
Matt Houston
Miami Vice
Moonlighting
Street Hawk
Twilight Zone
V
Wiseguy

Oh, those were the days.
I don´t watch series regularly nowadays at all.
The magic is just not there.

I´m really glad that we have old shows in these dvd boxes now [Razz]

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
jdoc- go here...

http://www.angelfire.com/tv2/isis/home.html

Ooooh. It's from the 70s. I don't remember this, but I bet my sister does.

Funny thing... I didn't know that Isis the goddess in Ancient Egyptian mythology wore high heels... [Smile]
 -

pork pie mcfly

Member # 6802

54 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for pork pie mcfly   Email pork pie mcfly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't really add to the lists above as most of the shows are what i would have put in my list, so i'm going to be lazy and agree with everyone elses choices. [Smile]
Posts: 235 | From: Hill Valley | Registered: Apr 2008 | Site Updates: 54  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about "Silver Spoons". I was so jealous of all the stuff Ricky had.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
jdoc-almost everyone on here knows that I am real life friends with Joanna Cameron, who played Isis. I actually had something to do with the whole series being released to DVD...it came out last July. If Joanna had decided to have been on the special features, I would have been the person to have got her on there, because I know the producer of the DVD, and I contacted Joanna to give her his phone number to call him. It didn't work out though.

It was my favorite show of all time.

[ 08. June 2008, 19:39: Message edited by: ISIS ]

x0x0ilymucho
Master Rewinder
Member # 6772

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for x0x0ilymucho   Author's Homepage   Email x0x0ilymucho       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
family ties
full house
saved by the bell

Posts: 102 | From: Hill Valley, 1985 | Registered: Mar 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
jdoc-almost everyone on here knows that I am real life friends with Joanna Cameron, who played Isis. I actually had something to do with the whole series being released to DVD...it came out last July. If Joanna had decided to have been on the special features, I would have been the person to have got her on there, because I know the producer of the DVD, and I contacted Joanna to give her his phone number to call him. It didn't work out though.

It was my favorite show of all time.

That's pretty cool! I found this recent picture of her. She still looks good...
http://www.robertxgillis.com/2006/01/dream-come-true-meeting-joanna-cameron.html

I wonder why she quit acting?

Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fall Guy
Alf
Married with Children
Simpsons (started in 1989 and got progressively worse)
Ripleys Believe it or Not with Jack Palance

Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Wonder Years
Perfect Strangers
Just the Ten of Us
Growing Pains
Family Ties
Who's the Boss?
Mr. Belvedere
Hill Street Blues
Dallas
Married...With Children
Silver Spoons
Punky Brewster
Smurfs, Shirt Tails, Get-along Gang

Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aruba4me
Senior Rewinder
Member # 6258

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Aruba4me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isis, Square Pegs just came out on DVD last week. You can get it at Target.

My faves, pretty much what everyone else said. The ones I never missed (some of which I'm embarassed to admit now that I never missed):

The Facts of Life
Dynasty
Dallas
Knots Landing
Married with Children
The Cosby Show
Cheers
Family Ties
Wonder Years
Little House on the Prairie
Roseanne

Posts: 71 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I forgot to add Head of the Class, Murder She Wrote, Designing Women and The Golden Girls. And one of my personal favorites, a show in which most people have never heard of, Down to Earth.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
One of my other favorites was also Little House on the Prairie. I would have never admitted that back in the day to my buddies (a macho thing), but I will today. Just got the 2 hour pilot episode on DVD.
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
jdoc-I have a bunch of pictures of me and Joanna.
My best friend was in Hawaii last year...and I asked Joanna if she would meet her, and my friend went over to her house, and they took a bunch of pictures together...I posted them on that website of Joanna's. It was really cool.

Joanna quit because she got tired of all of it, she did do some directing. She was in the Guiness Book of World Records for having done more TV commercials than anyone. A few years ago she was on the VH-1 ..."Where are they now?, Superheroes."

She and her boyfriend packed up their stuff and moved from California to Hawaii and opened their own hotel, so since I have a B & B...we talk alot about how much we have in common with that.

She has kind of become a mentor to me in that way...she is very business smart. She was my childhood idol, and now we are good friends. It's very cool. I have gotten to know Brian Cutler too, he played Rick Mason on Isis.

If you have never seen the show, the DVD set that they released, is really awesome, they have all kinds of extra footage on it. They have interviews with the rest of the cast.

It's kind of like if you took The Greatest American Hero, Wonder Woman and Indiana Jones and threw that in a blender...this is what you'd get.

cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Facts of Life
Charles In Charge
Too Close For Comfort
Three's Company
Silver Spoons
Square Pegs
Dynasty

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
jdoc-I have a bunch of pictures of me and Joanna.
My best friend was in Hawaii last year...and I asked Joanna if she would meet her, and my friend went over to her house, and they took a bunch of pictures together...I posted them on that website of Joanna's. It was really cool.

Joanna quit because she got tired of all of it, she did do some directing. She was in the Guiness Book of World Records for having done more TV commercials than anyone. A few years ago she was on the VH-1 ..."Where are they now?, Superheroes."

She and her boyfriend packed up their stuff and moved from California to Hawaii and opened their own hotel, so since I have a B & B...we talk alot about how much we have in common with that.

She has kind of become a mentor to me in that way...she is very business smart. She was my childhood idol, and now we are good friends. It's very cool. I have gotten to know Brian Cutler too, he played Rick Mason on Isis.

If you have never seen the show, the DVD set that they released, is really awesome, they have all kinds of extra footage on it. They have interviews with the rest of the cast.

It's kind of like if you took The Greatest American Hero, Wonder Woman and Indiana Jones and threw that in a blender...this is what you'd get.

Isis,

That sounds really nice. Maybe you could go visit her in Hawaii! Most people never get to meet their idol let alone get to become friends with them... That's cool... [Smile]

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by cindymancini:
The Facts of Life
Charles In Charge
Too Close For Comfort
Three's Company
Silver Spoons
Square Pegs
Dynasty

ooooh. I forgot about "Charles in Charge." That was one of my favorites.
HeadRusch
Master Rewinder
Member # 3755

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HeadRusch   Email HeadRusch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am gonna go on the record here and say that MacGuyver is probably the show I like least in all of TV history. I mean, I'd rather watch *just about anything* besides MacGuyver. That show took stupid to new levels, but what was worst of all? Richard Dean Anderson couldn't act his way out of a plastic bag.

The guy is Derek Zoolander for real, he's got ONE LOOK...here it is!
 -

There you go....thats RDA's entire range of emotions right there. Thats not botox kids, thats *talent*. [Smile]

I hope to god all you folks voting for MacGuyver are female, and rocking those post-80's RDA crushes. That show was horrible.

Having dropped that atom bomb, let me say this..today, if I had to pick some 80's shows to watch, they'd probably be these:

Miami Vice - I watched Season 1 and most of season 2 but after that the show had kinda gone stale for me. Today on DVD I think its a much stronger show than I ever gave it credit for being, back in the day.

St. Elsewhere - This show was my crack. Dont know why, it just was. I loved the characters and the story. I watched it for most of the seasons it was on. ITs a damn shame we'll likely never see more than the 1st season on DVD due to the fact that only about 4 people bought copies, and I wasn't even one of them (thankyou Netflix).

LA Law - Like Miami Vice, this show was a show I really had no business liking, but I did. I loved the characters and loved the whole hot-shot lawfirm schtick. It was very 80's. Even back in the 80s' it felt REALLY 80's. I haven't seen an episode since some night in 1986 or 87 when I probably caught an entire episode and never looked back....if its out on DVD I should look into this.

AIRWOLF - out of all the "Guy with a kickass vehicle" shows, this one probably holds up the best. Sure its the same damn show EVERY SINGLE EPISODE...helicopter evades missle, ground blows up, helicopter kicks in the turbos...launches missle..blows up vehicle/building/person while triumphant Steven J. Cannel theme plays in background.....but I think its also the LEAST cheezy of all those shows. Hawk was ridiculous, Automan was...lets not go there..Stingray was..uh I never even watched that one. And of course Knight Rider is painful to watch, even today. It wasn't when I was 10...but...I was 10.

Oh yeah, and USA Night Flight on Friday Nights and Commander USA's Groovy Movies.

Posts: 125 | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home