iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Movies You Never Get Sick of (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Movies You Never Get Sick of
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love all the 80's horror and comedies...but there are lots of movies that when they are on...I love watching them...I don't care if I have seen them a billion times...some of them never get talked about as much as more popular movies....but they are still great.

Some of my favorites that I don't hear much said about are:

Tootsie
Mr.Mom
On Golden Pond
Kramer Vs. Kramer

What movies can you watch over and over and never get sick of?

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joker
Master Rewinder
Member # 3840

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for joker   Email joker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
karate kid,this is spinaltap,the song remains the same,the three orignal star wars films,ghostbusters 1&2,mr. mom,breakin,brakin 2 elictric boogllo,rad,e.t.,the whole back the future series,the three orignal india joines movies,the whole rocky series,over the top,the breakfest club,footloose,pirple rain,the whole alin movie series,summer school,back to school,farius bulers day off,gremlkins 1&2,crocidledundee 1&2,revenge of the nerds 1&2,rad,dirty danceing,the whole rambo movie series,cobra,all the night meaire on elm streets,all of the friday the 13ths,body slam,bad guys,no holds barred,sixteen casndles,licens to drive,rattle and hum,stewarts school,elvira the movie,the whole police academy movie series,national lampoons vacation,national lampoons erupien vacation,national lampoons christmas vacation,american graffitti,termaniter 1&2,prider1&2,just one of the guys,dice rules,blame it on reo,to live and die in l.a.,smurfs and the magic floot,the wrestler,grunt the wrestlking movie,i like to hurt people,pardise allie,the 1987 transfermors movie,g.i. joe the movie,trains plains and automabiles,bye bye baby these are all the movies i watch on a regular basies and never get sick of
Posts: 307 | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pork pie mcfly

Member # 6802

54 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for pork pie mcfly   Email pork pie mcfly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My list would go on forever, as i don't get sick of watching any movies from the 80's. [Smile]
Posts: 235 | From: Hill Valley | Registered: Apr 2008 | Site Updates: 54  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hewzy
Rewind Guru
Member # 6043

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for hewzy   Email hewzy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My List would go on forever too!! 80's movies Rule!!
Posts: 729 | From: Birmingham, England | Registered: Sep 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Same here... But my number one, would be THE BURBS! I got this on vhs in 1990, and later bought it on dvd of course! And I think it is safe to say that I have watched it over a thousand times in 18 years!
I laugh at the exact same things too, it just never gets old!

"I wanna kill... everyone... satan is good... satan is our pal" [Smile]

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well we were just talking about this...16 CANDLES!
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Karate Kid, Gremlins, Breakfast Club, Weird Science, Rocky 3, First Blood....and so so many more....
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stix33
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3861

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for stix33     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah yes, The 'Burbs is one of my absolute 80's faves! Here are some more on my list:

The Karate Kid
Rad
April Fool's Day
Adventures in Babysitting
A Christmas Story (gotta love the 24 hours that they play it on TBS at Christmastime!)
Dirty Dancing
Nightmare on Elm Street

Posts: 73 | From: Kansas. The O.Z. | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JAYLEE:
Same here... But my number one, would be THE BURBS! I got this on vhs in 1990, and later bought it on dvd of course! And I think it is safe to say that I have watched it over a thousand times in 18 years!
I laugh at the exact same things too, it just never gets old!

"I wanna kill... everyone... satan is good... satan is our pal" [Smile]

I didn't know there were other people who could quote The 'Burbs like I can! I also have both the DVD and VHS. It's my absolute favorite movie.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AuroraD
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 6828

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for AuroraD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My list could go on and on as well. I agree with u guys, I love the burbs, I watched it on t.v 3 times in one week! I don't own the movie [Frown] I also have watched Mannequin, Pretty in Pink, Sixteen Candles, Dirty Dancing, Weird Science, over and over again. I love 80s movies, could never get sick of watching them!! [Smile]
Posts: 15 | Registered: Apr 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...hmmm

Back to the Future
Breakfast club
Sixteen Candles
SKOW
...more

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

The Golden Child,
Easy Money,
Better off Dead,
Oddly... High Fidelity,
Evil Dead 2.

There are more, this is a sample.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never get sick of April Fool's Day or Breakin.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Revenge of the Nerds
The Hollywood Knights

To name a couple.

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Valley Girl(of course)
Bachelor Party
Night Shift
Back to the future
Sure Thing
Wild Style

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Big Kahuna
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5278

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Big Kahuna   Email Big Kahuna   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine...

Three o'clock High
Say Anything
Better Off Dead
Hot Pursuit
Teen Wolf
One Crazy Summer
Just One of the Guys
Adventures in Baby Sitting
Monster Squad

...just to name a few [Smile]

Posts: 23 | From: okc, ok | Registered: Dec 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
didn't know there were other people who could quote The 'Burbs like I can! I also have both the DVD and VHS. It's my absolute favorite movie.

Well, petty... there are... [Smile] I can quote every line from that movie, in my sleep! And usually, people don't know what the hell im talking about when I do... [Smile]

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
Revenge of the Nerds
The Hollywood Knights

To name a couple.

I love The Hollywood Knights!

Lawrence, Lawrence of Arabia. He was an English Guy. He came to fight the Turkish... [Smile]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fast Times
A Night In The Life of Jimmy Reardon
Summer School
Valley Girl
Can't Buy Me Love

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AdventuresInGooniesitting
Master Rewinder
Member # 1882

- posted      Profile for AdventuresInGooniesitting         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Adventures in Babysitting
Better Off Dead
Breakfast Club
Child's Play
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Goonies
Karate Kid
License to Drive
Lost Boys
Lucas
Pee-wee's Big Adventure
Poltergeist
Sixteen Candles
Teen Wolf
Weird Science

and more...

Posts: 269 | From: Dawson's Garage, I owe $5 | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
records1black
Master Rewinder
Member # 7105

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for records1black   Author's Homepage   Email records1black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The lost boys has to be there somewhere. I love Beverly Hills cop, and Beverly Hills cop 2. Ghostbusters is amazing. Poltergist is good with Jo-Beth willams; it's kind of the Simpsons famliy meets a ghost. I like the Breakfast Club and Planes Trains and Automobiles. John hughes makes fantasic films and the films he made in the 80's are very catchy and entertaining. I like Uncle Buck alot. It's a shame John Candy had to die of a Heart attack.
Posts: 180 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
records1black
Master Rewinder
Member # 7105

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for records1black   Author's Homepage   Email records1black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Devolution:
Devolution here,

The Golden Child,
Easy Money,
Better off Dead,
Oddly... High Fidelity,
Evil Dead 2.

There are more, this is a sample.

We are DEVO

join us
Posts: 180 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jdocster04:
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
Revenge of the Nerds
The Hollywood Knights

To name a couple.

I love The Hollywood Knights!

Lawrence, Lawrence of Arabia. He was an English Guy. He came to fight the Turkish... [Smile]

This is one of the best parts:  -

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-JjIIHOy5qs

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
missalexis89
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 7123

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for missalexis89   Email missalexis89   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
coctail, top gun, the breakfast club, pretty in pink, st elmos fire, sixteen candles, the lost boys, licence to drive, mannequin, stand by me, some kind of wonderful, the wraith, nightmare on elm street, soul man, say anything, better off dead, adventures and babysitting, huney i shrunk the kids, cant buy me love, dance til dawn, the boy who could fly...
i could go on lol
[Smile]

Posts: 25 | From: newcastle | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
missalexis89
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 7123

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for missalexis89   Email missalexis89   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wierd science too i cant leave that one out coz it has the amazin anthony michael hall in it [Smile]
Posts: 25 | From: newcastle | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home