iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Still Looking...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Still Looking...
AuroraD
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 6828

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for AuroraD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been searching and searching for the name of a movie, it's becoming an obsession now. [Razz] Please someone help. It was a movie that I saw on cable, I thought it was in the 80's but now I'm not so sure. It was about a young couple who break up and the girl goes to work for a very rich, young blonde lady who is terminally ill. Her ex finds out and together they plot to make the blonde fall in love with him before she dies so they can get her money. He gets hired on as her maintenance/gardener and seduces her. But he ends up falling in love with her. At the end before the rich blonde lady dies he reveals to her a beautiful garden that he has made for her. He makes her a ring out of the flowers and asks her to marry him, she says yes, he puts it on her finger and she lays with him in the garden and dies in his arms.
Can anyone besides me remember this or did I dream it up??Thanks [Confused]

Posts: 15 | Registered: Apr 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm... Sounds interesting. Sounds almost like a made for TV movie as well...

Anyone?

Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This sounds very familiar to me as well. I just can't remember the actors faces or any other details. If the title comes to me, I'll let you know.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pork pie mcfly

Member # 6802

54 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for pork pie mcfly   Email pork pie mcfly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, sounds very familiar, i'm sure the title of the film is something like (The Garden) or something like that i'm not 100% sure.
Posts: 235 | From: Hill Valley | Registered: Apr 2008 | Site Updates: 54  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AuroraD
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 6828

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for AuroraD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was thinking of something like (The Garden) too! i know the brunette actor was skinny and she had freckles, the guy kinda reminded me of Skeet Ulrich, and the rich lady had short blonde hair, she was very beautiful. I also remember that he took her to the mountains in the movie as well, they layed on the grass and I think they made love there.
Posts: 15 | Registered: Apr 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe I have found what you are looking for. Check it out.

http://movies.msn.com/movies/movie.aspx?m=123236&pkw=PI&vendor=Paid+Inclusion&OCID=iSEMPI&mp=syn

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Just checked Amazon.com and it is available on DVD for around $70 or VHS very cheap. Sounds so good I had to order it myself. This movie was made in 1998 for Showtime on cable.
AuroraD
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 6828

Rate Member
OMG, I love you!!!!! I have been searching for that for sooooooooo long! Thank you very much!
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Your very welcome.
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AuroraD:
OMG, I love you!!!!! I have been searching for that for sooooooooo long! Thank you very much!

Ahhhh, love is in the air... [Smile]

1998?

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
That's what is says at IMDb - 1998. Original title "Under Heaven".

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120875/releaseinfo

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
That's what is says at IMDb - 1998. Original title "Under Heaven".

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120875/releaseinfo

I got'cha 80's... I was referring to AuroraD saying "I thought it was in the 80's but now I'm not so sure". I looked all over for an 80s flic and couldn't find anything, so, I thought it was kind of funny. It's weird how our memory works you know. I've done this before... [Big Grin]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Yeah, I know what you me mean. When I first saw the year, I said to myself - this can't be it, it's late 90's not late 80's.
AuroraD
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 6828

Rate Member
Sorry for confusin you all [Frown] I didn't realize it was 90s....I had been searching for so long though, I was desperate.

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by AuroraD:
Sorry for confusin you all [Frown] I didn't realize it was 90s....I had been searching for so long though, I was desperate.

No problem. You should see the stuff we mess up... [Smile]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home