iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » FAVE 80'S MOVIE SONG / SOUNDTRACK (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: FAVE 80'S MOVIE SONG / SOUNDTRACK
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Real Life - "Send Me An Angel" was also in The Wizard. Another must have.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fastway kicks butt on "Trick or Treat". There are also songs on their CD soundtrack which are not in the movie. One in particular titled "If You Could See" is my favorite.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WolfmansGotNards
Ace Rewinder
Member # 5910

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for WolfmansGotNards   Email WolfmansGotNards   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cindymancini:
I beg to differ Mr. Devo. Watching the Haim lipsync, Meredith dance in a fab 80's skirt and Feldman doing his creepy a$$ Michael Jackson imitation is a dream come true! Hahahaha...or a nightmare [Wink] ! I love it!

I'm going to have to side with cindymancini on this one! The video is so bad, so horrible, it's so wonderful! I cannot come up with a better summary than the one above [Big Grin]

Since the video for Rock On was not included on the Dream A Little Dream dvd (what were they thinking), I managed to track down a dvd that does have it. I now present some screenshots... prepare yourself!

-

-

-

-

Posts: 400 | From: The 80's! Where else?! | Registered: Jul 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im gonna forego all the obvious choices! And my taste is pretty wide, Rock, pop, new wave, hair metal.... so here are some (maybe) lesser talked about faves of mine!

RAD- John Farnham- Thunder in your heart, Breaking the ice.

NO RETREAT, NO SURRENDER- Kevin Chalfant- Hold on to the vision in your eyes.

BREAKIN'- Ollie and Jerry- Ain't no stoppin' us.

IRON EAGLE- Queen- One vision

SECRET OF MY SUCCESS- Night ranger. Secret of my success.

LESS THAN ZERO- The Cult- Li'l devil. And all of Thomas Newman's awesome score, that you just can't get anywhere... I've tried for years.

FRIDAY THE 13th part 5- Pseudo Echo- His eyes.

FRIDAY THE 13th part 6- Alice Cooper- The man behind the mask, Teenage Frankenstein, Hard rock summer.

A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET part 3- Dokken- Dream warriors.

A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET part 4- Dramarama- Anything anything... love this song!

VISION QUEST- Journey- Only the young.

SHE'S HAVING A BABY- Kate Bush- This woman's work.... hey, get off my back... dudes can be sensitive too!

Well there are loads more, but this was just off the top of my head!

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
How about "Love Kills" by Vinnie Vincent Invasion from A nightmare on Elm Street 4. Awesome song.
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't remember that one, will have to check it out!

That reminds me... Love hates, by Marianne Faithful, from the movie TUFF TURF.... great movie, great song!

HOLY BALLS!!!! I almost forgot the greatest song ever made.... DARE by STAN BUSH from TRANSFORMERS THE MOVIE.... the real TF movie that is...!

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Jaylee, I'll send you that song to your email.
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
Thanks, got your mail, cool song.... that goes on my 80's compilation vol. 9:)
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Your welcome. 80's hair metal and pop rock is my favorite. I probably have about 3000 songs just on my hard drive alone.
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
Real Life - "Send Me An Angel" was also in The Wizard. Another must have.

You know what song sticks out in my head from the Wizard "Road to Nowhere" my first exposure to the Talking Heads as a little one.....Which I would later appreciate to no end [Wink]
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG correction in my nerdiness it was Little Monsters.......I didn't think it seemed right......for some reason I remember the big dinosaur and that song in my mind.......I haven't seen the Wizard since 1989..... [Smile]
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
Ok here I am again........thanks Wolfman Rock on has been in my head for the last hour hahahaha "hey kids......rock and rolllllll"
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Another great song is Loved By The Sun by Tangerine Dream from the movie Legend. Love the vocals of Jon Anderson.
hewzy
Rewind Guru
Member # 6043

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for hewzy   Email hewzy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice one JAYLEE for bringing up DARE by STAN BUSH..I cant believe i forgot that.. What a Classic!! reminds me of wanted to be hotrod as a kid. That Transformers soundtrack is wicked one of my fav!!! [Smile]
Posts: 729 | From: Birmingham, England | Registered: Sep 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WolfmansGotNards
Ace Rewinder
Member # 5910

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for WolfmansGotNards   Email WolfmansGotNards   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Muffy Tepperman:
Ok here I am again........thanks Wolfman Rock on has been in my head for the last hour hahahaha "hey kids......rock and rolllllll"

I think my work here is done then [Big Grin]
Posts: 400 | From: The 80's! Where else?! | Registered: Jul 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
You're right hewzy... the TRANSFORMERS soundtrack was awesome, so was the film! Another great track from that is, Van Halen's THE TOUCH, thick 80's cheese! And used to hilarious effect in BOOGIE NIGHTS, Where Dirk Digler tries to cut an album, despite his obvious vocal shortcomings.... funny stuff!
Arthur
Rewind Curious
Member # 6942

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Arthur   Author's Homepage   Email Arthur   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oingo Boingo - Better Luck Next Time (The Last American Virgin)
Stray Cats - Sixteen Candles (Sixteen Candles)
The Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love (Can't Buy Me Love)
Charlie Sexton - Beat's So Lonely (Some Kind of Wonderful)
The Cars - Shake It Up (The Last American Virgin)
Commuter - Young Hearts (Karate Kid)

Posts: 7 | From: Itabira - MG - Brazil | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Somewhat related.

I am an addict of Buzztime Trivia which is an interactive trivia game played in bars and eating establishments across the US, UK and Canada. About a month ago one of the games was 80's movie music and I was one of the few people out of over 7000 playing network wide to get a perfect score of 15,000(15 questions; 1000 possible points per question)

I know of one other Buzztime addict that posts here. [Smile]

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home