iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » thrift stores are the place for vhs now

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: thrift stores are the place for vhs now
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've always had a love for thrift stores, goodwill, salvation army.......I never use to find good vhs movies.......it was always old exercise videos or clamshell religouis kids cartoons haha

anyway I think with the fall of VCR's I have a lucky streak........I bought a few cool movies the other day.......Crazy Moon and Slamdance......which weirdly Slamdance was on cable yesterday and i'd never heard of it......I actually thought it was cool.

Crazy Moon was great too........and they only cost me $1 each.

Anybody else been finding this true?? [Smile]

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
evilash
Master Rewinder
Member # 6155

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for evilash   Email evilash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YES!!!! I always go in an find stuff for me and my daughter. You are right about the religeous kids movies...even the quality in selection has gond up in that. I found a Veggietale dvd and Scooby Doo for her. I also found, VHS that is, E.T., Sixteen Candles, Death Becomes Her, and When Harry Met Sally.
Posts: 327 | From: Lebanon, OH | Registered: Oct 2007 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW! What a good idea Muffy! Hey, they also sell DVDs and old VHS tapes in pawn shops... [Smile]

If you have a DVD recorder, you can then convert the tapes to DVD. I have a bunch of tapes waiting to be copied right now. [Cool]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
evilash
Master Rewinder
Member # 6155

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for evilash   Email evilash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tend to toss out the VHS at the same thrift store when I'm done with them and picking up new ones...at a buck a piece it's not a bad "rental".
Posts: 327 | From: Lebanon, OH | Registered: Oct 2007 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lovely_julie
Senior Rewinder
Member # 6249

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for lovely_julie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Flea Markets are also a great place too, especially for hard to fnd VHS movies.
Posts: 61 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah I bought Night of the Comet on vhs too.......like I would have ever found it before it was on dvd for a $1 [Smile]
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
evilash
Master Rewinder
Member # 6155

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by lovely_julie:
Flea Markets are also a great place too, especially for hard to fnd VHS movies.

I had a copy of Army of Darkness. Here there is a place called Half Price Books. They sell used movies as well, and I found it on DVD after going to every location in the area and not finding it forever.

I sold a lot of my old VHS at the flea market...if you are as poor as I am, VHS is a God send. (:

cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wanna go with you next time Muffy!!! I love finding old 80's movies! Good score [Smile] !
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
Remember what dorks we were at the video store in PA??? [Smile] I loved it......maybe i'll do some vhs hunting today?? maybe

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home