iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » The Keep - No longer wanting it on DVD

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Keep - No longer wanting it on DVD
HeadRusch
Master Rewinder
Member # 3755

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HeadRusch   Email HeadRusch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Having followed some advice I viewed a laserdisc version of this movie, in glorious widescreen, not too long ago, and while I still love the story and what Michael Mann was trying to do, I must say the editing on this movie absolutely sucks.

Its the kind of thing that only impresses upon someone older, I think, who's seen alot of good and bad movies over the years [Smile]

I think if Michael Mann were to go back and re-edit this film, it would make a fine DVD release, especially with all the A and B list actors in it, but the way it stands right now the film is hopelessly abbreviated, key sequences seem cut, we seem to jump into conversations that have been going on for minutes previously....and things happen at such a rapid pace towards the middle and end its a wonder anyone understood what the hell was going on. (yeah, I had to read the book to figure it all out). Its a mini-DUNE! [Smile]

Now all our "old prescious memories" tend to change as we get older, hell Star Blazers when I was a kid was the greatest cartoon ever...today you'd have to nail me to the chair to keep me from getting up during some of those episodes (yaaawwwn)....but this one was somewhat disappointing.

I hadn't seen the movie in a long time....it was disappointing to see just how cool it could have been, but how desperately the film needs a re-editing.

Posts: 125 | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home