iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Terminator

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Terminator
J.L.
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 6665

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for J.L.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The new series is pretty sweet.
But doesn't compare to the originals, right?
Check it : http://www.backtotheeighties.net/terminator/

Posts: 12 | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you imagine how we might be seeing it today had O.J. been the Terminator as planned? We'd never hear the end of it.

As was noted in that review, the human element makes the series great; there is a heart to it all even when Cameron's go WAY over the top with the gun battles (and you think they'd try a more creative approach after the first 50 rounds or so when it becomes clear mere bullets can't harm him, perhaps blasting him with a high pressure water hose and try and short circuit him, or lead him to a dump, turn on the magnet, then drop him in the car crusher and crush away). There are bonds between our heroes, and the losses they go through at the end of each film do genuinely hurt. Kudos also go to making this potential future scary enough to want to stop, and grounding it in perfect logic that unfortunately could happen at any given time if we're haphazard enough. Although why Skynet's bent on only sending one assassin back at a time seems rather self-defeating when they could send out an entire hit squad plus whatever advanced weaponry's at their disposal and make things REALLY tough for the good guys (then again, who am I to judge a dumb computer that just runs programmed anyway?) It'll still live on for decades to come, even if the machines do take over.

Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phaota
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5699

1 Update

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Phaota   Author's Homepage   Email Phaota   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The new series is excellent. You have to remember that each movie takes place in a new time line. Each time John or Skynet sends back a soldier or endo and they alter the past, a new time line is created. Right now, the T3 movie has become an alternate one since Cameron, John's new protector in the TV series, changed events which kept Sarah from being exposed to something that would have given her cancer and moved them ahead in time. So, the events of T3 are not going to occur due to this alteration. If you take in the books and comic stories with the movies, hundreds of parallel time lines have been create so far.
Posts: 18 | From: Waynesboro, GA. USA | Registered: Mar 2007 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheResurrection
Master Rewinder
Member # 2326

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TheResurrection   Email TheResurrection   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really enjoy the new series as well (hope it returns again). I'm a huge Terminator fan the first movie was one of the first movies I ever remember seeing.
Posts: 125 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
x0x0ilymucho
Master Rewinder
Member # 6772

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for x0x0ilymucho   Author's Homepage   Email x0x0ilymucho       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i love the terminator movies too. the series is cool but i just think they should stick to the terminator movies.
Posts: 102 | From: Hill Valley, 1985 | Registered: Mar 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home