iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » looking for a title

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: looking for a title
megleesweetpea
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 6758

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for megleesweetpea   Email megleesweetpea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi this is my first post but this has really been bugging me and reading around here this site seems really helpful. please help me if you can. i have been trying to think of a movie for about a year now and nobody has had any luck helping me. i do believe its an 80s movie. the guy looks kinda like billy from beverly hills cop but i dont believe its him. well anyways what i remember is him and his sister are home alone for the weekend or something and he was the employee of the month for ever at the resteraunt he worked at i dont remember where she worked at i think it was somewhere in the mall and the boy that liked her was the usher at the movie theater in the mall. he went over to her house one night and she tried to put to put the moves on him and he wouldnt go for it. i just saw part of a few months bakc but my cable wasnt working right so i dont know the name and i think thats all i really remember. please help me. thanks in advance for the help.

[ 22. March 2008, 20:35: Message edited by: megleesweetpea ]

Posts: 11 | From: michigan | Registered: Mar 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WolfmansGotNards
Ace Rewinder
Member # 5910

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for WolfmansGotNards   Email WolfmansGotNards   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate to break it to you, but the movie you are looking for is over on the left of your screen [Smile]

Click on Fast Times At Ridgemont High

We got the beat!

Posts: 400 | From: The 80's! Where else?! | Registered: Jul 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HeadRusch
Master Rewinder
Member # 3755

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HeadRusch   Email HeadRusch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The truly frightening thing is that anyone alive during the 80's knows this movie, many of us with parts by heart......

Which means when people come here and ask "hey whats that weird movie..." it kinda makes me feel.....old [Big Grin]

Fast Times and Breakfast Club are movies that, largely, transcend time...so intead of girls looking like Pat Benetar today they prolly' look like...I dunno..Beyonce or something. "Oh yeah that girl looks like Avril Lavaigne, there's at least 6 of them in school"

[Big Grin]

Posts: 125 | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
megleesweetpea
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 6758

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for megleesweetpea   Email megleesweetpea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
alroight you guys im the suck at this i mean i was only born in 82
Posts: 11 | From: michigan | Registered: Mar 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
megleesweetpea
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 6758

Rate Member
but thanks when i imdb'd it the pictures just didnt look right
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really? I'm from 1982 as well (January 15th at 11:27 p.m. EST)
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WolfmansGotNards
Ace Rewinder
Member # 5910

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for WolfmansGotNards   Email WolfmansGotNards   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a confession... I've seen bits and pieces of Fast Times on cable over the years, but it was only last year I watched the entire movie all at once... It was almost surreal since I had basically seen it all, yet it was my first real viewing.

Please don't revoke my 80's movie watching priveleges [Big Grin]

Posts: 400 | From: The 80's! Where else?! | Registered: Jul 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
megleesweetpea
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 6758

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Chris the CandyFanMan:
Really? I'm from 1982 as well (January 15th at 11:27 p.m. EST)

you have more time in 82 than i do.
megleesweetpea
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 6758

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by WolfmansGotNards:
I have a confession... I've seen bits and pieces of Fast Times on cable over the years, but it was only last year I watched the entire movie all at once... It was almost surreal since I had basically seen it all, yet it was my first real viewing.

i ve seen bits and pieces of it too but always the same pieces i think so im on a piggy bank raid to rent it to see all of it now
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

You are to say 5 Hail Mary's, beg for forgiveness and then watch SKOW, Pretty In Pink, Sixteen Candles then watch FTARH again!!! [Smile] Do this and all will be forgiven... [Cool]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
megleesweetpea
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 6758

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by jdocster04:
quote:

You are to say 5 Hail Mary's, beg for forgiveness and then watch SKOW, Pretty In Pink, Sixteen Candles then watch FTARH again!!! [Smile] Do this and all will be forgiven... [Cool]
glad that wasnt for me i only understood about half of that. i was a very underpriveledged child
WolfmansGotNards
Ace Rewinder
Member # 5910

Member Rated:
quote:

Hah! I'm going to have to say the same back to you due to all the classics you left out, followed by a 24 hour marathon of non-stop Howard The Duck. Good luck! [Big Grin]
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Hah! I'm going to have to say the same back to you due to all the classics you left out, followed by a 24 hour marathon of non-stop Howard The Duck. Good luck! [Big Grin]
DOH! Foiled again! [Big Grin]

glad that wasnt for me i only understood about half of that. i was a very underpriveledged child

megleesweetpea ,

It's easy to get confused around here. You'll pick up the acronyms after a while.. In the mean time...

SKOW = Some Kind Of Wonderful
FTARH = Fast Times At Ridgemont High

[Smile]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home