iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Movie title? BMX, kids, hostage, school...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Movie title? BMX, kids, hostage, school...
antihero
Rewind Curious
Member # 6756

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for antihero   Email antihero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need help finding out the name of a movie I remember watching as a kid. I can't seem to find the title anywhere.
From what I remember it's about a group of misfit kids that hang out in an abandoned house and go to the same school (high school-elementary). For some reason, durring an evening parent/teacher meeting, they end up locking all the parents up in the school by chaining the doors closed. Which includes practically the whole town. I believe they hold them hostage for a couple of days.
The movie is very dark and from what I recall was filmed mostly at night and in the evening.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 2 | From: Cal... | Registered: Mar 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JCWBobC
Master Rewinder
Member # 2525

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JCWBobC   Author's Homepage   Email JCWBobC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like "Over The Edge" with Matt Dillon but they don't hold them hostage for a couple of days.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079688/

Bob

Posts: 314 | From: NJ | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antihero
Rewind Curious
Member # 6756

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for antihero   Email antihero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That sounds like it. Thanks for the input. Off to buy.
Posts: 2 | From: Cal... | Registered: Mar 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HeadRusch
Master Rewinder
Member # 3755

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HeadRusch   Email HeadRusch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When it came out on DVD after years of people bitching about it, some of us did the happy dance.

That was one of those defining movies I watched during the 80's (even tho it was about the 70's).
When they take over the school and terrorize the parents, the way the local lawman was hassling the kids, having the house party, etc.

Listening to Cheap Trick with some gigantic stereo headphones on....been there, done that.

Posts: 125 | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home