iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » What can you tell me about Time Bandits??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What can you tell me about Time Bandits??
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I rented this little sucker because the guy i'm dating and I have been seeking out these great lesser known 80's movies........like Brazil, that I had never seen either??? can you believe it??? so staying with the Terry Gillam theme haha Tell me what ya think of Time Bandits before I watch it later tonight........ [Smile]
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I hate it, but others love it, I don't know, it's not a great movie. Soem people have a soft spot though.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To paraphrase Back to the Future...

What's a Time Bandits?

Never heard of this one. Anyone good in it?

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Miss Mancini..... [Smile] I'm on here cause of you......Sean Connery is in it....Shelly Duvall....John Cleese becuase Gilliam has those Monty ties........and Katherine Helomnd who I mostly know as Grandma on Who's the Boss haha and she had a freaky part in Brazil.......I'll watch it and tell you my take on it..... [Smile]
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are loads of stars, in loads of different sequences. I sometimes think that the 'time bandits' are only there to link together a bunch of showcase scenes for the stars.

Personally, I like it. Anything with comedy short people running round with 10 year old kids that are taller than they are is OK in my book.

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agree with Paul. Its weird and not wonderful, but not bad either [Smile]
Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
thanks guys..........it's an awesome movie in that it's creative but it couldn't keep my attention......I know if i'd seen it as a kid I would have loved it......it's very 80's fantasy, tripy kind of a movie......so I get the "not wonderful, but not bad either"
Blake
Ace Rewinder
Member # 75

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Blake   Author's Homepage   Email Blake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its a British film thats why most of the brits on here have seen it.
The movie is ok not great but if you like Terry Gillian Movies you will like it. Its worth watching either way so if anyone else on here hasnt seen it give it a go

Posts: 438 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HeadRusch
Master Rewinder
Member # 3755

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HeadRusch   Email HeadRusch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll catch hell for this I'm sure, but I've yet to be entertained by anything Terry Gilliam has ever done....all of his films are like watching paint dry to me. I remember renting Brazil when it came out on VHS because it was such a revolutionary movie, and 3/4 of the way through having to force myself not to shut the movie off. Then that trend continued with Munchausen, Time Bandits, etc.

Gilliam seems to make movies that only English Literature majors and University Professors find amusing. <shrug>

Not a bad crowd to please, I must admit, but to me a TG film usually just means pretentious and pointless.

Fisher King was the exception to that rule, and I found that dull as well, but the fact that it didn't have heaps of dry British humor, a plethora of cameos or midgets in it made it more watchable.

Posts: 125 | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HeadRusch - what about 'Twelve Monkeys' or 'Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas'?
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home