iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » teen wolf too

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: teen wolf too
MooseCrack
Rewinder
Member # 6604

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for MooseCrack   Email MooseCrack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
am i the only who thought this movie was so cheesy and retarded that it was actually awesome? everywhere i looked there are nothing but bad reviews. is there anybody else here who actually liked it?
Posts: 38 | From: CT | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

No, you are in fact wrong. Awesome besides the Oingo Boingo song in it. It is not. Jason Bateman boxing does not = box office smash. Or anything great for that matter.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Devolution:
Devolution here,

No, you are in fact wrong. Awesome besides the Oingo Boingo song in it. It is not. Jason Bateman boxing does not = box office smash. Or anything great for that matter.

We are DEVO

Devo,

You crack me up man... [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WolfmansGotNards
Ace Rewinder
Member # 5910

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for WolfmansGotNards   Email WolfmansGotNards   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm confused... *

Are you trying to say that furry Jason Bateman boxing coupled with Oingo Boingo isn't the pinnacle of awesomeness?

I challenge anyone to question the ultimate creativity of using 'Too' in the title instead of 2!

*Disclaimer: I have not actually viewed Teen Wolf Too in a long long long long time [Big Grin]

Posts: 400 | From: The 80's! Where else?! | Registered: Jul 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MooseCrack
Rewinder
Member # 6604

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for MooseCrack   Email MooseCrack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol furry boxing jason bateman paired with an oingo boingo is so goddamn horrible that its bitchin'
Posts: 38 | From: CT | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw the movie and wondered how they could take an idea like Teen Wolf and make it worse, but somehow they did.

...by copying every scene, only with worse acting.

Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MooseCrack
Rewinder
Member # 6604

Rate Member
lol thats why its so awesome.
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
love the original but i've never been brave enough to tackle teen wolf too,didn't no oingo boingo were on the soundtrack so for me that's a plus.

is it really that bad?

-

looking at some of the different movie pics i'd say chances are yes!

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let´s put it this way: If you watch Splash Too first, Teen Wolf Too looks like a masterpiece.
So, i kinda like it. The cast did ok and the soundtrack includes Oingo Boingo and Real Life among others.
Be a warrior and check it out [Cool]

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Teen Wolf Too gets a bad rap. I think it is worth watching. My main gripe is the pathetic Stiles ring in that they got. The original Stiles was cool but this guy is a joke. They got the original Mr. Howard and Chubby though.

They did actually go to some effort in the original to show a great werewolf transformation scene. No such effort has been made in this one. In fact the make up artists probably never got work again.

Honestly Warrior, I think you should check it out. It's nowhere near as bad as it is made out to be. I am not saying it's good but it's a must see 80's movie and it's something I can still sit down and watch and get something out of it. I am a huge fan of the original. Yes, this one is not as good but I think you should at least give it a viewing and see what you think.

As aTomiK pointed out, Real Life features in the soundtrack with Send Me an Angel - That song was used in many 80's movies including RAD and at least another one that I can't think of off the top of my head.

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you think this review below for teen wolf too from imdb might be stretching it a bit though Bernie
[Big Grin]

An Underrated Masterpiece
10/10
Autdhor: DocMetsy
7 February 2013
*** This review may contain spoilers ***

This is indeed a masterwork. There's so many layers that it's difficult to know where to begin! But, let's start with the brilliant title. Teen Wolf...TOO. As in: Teen Wolf, Also. Or Teen Wolf, As Well. This sly and ingenious inside joke no doubt refers to the once controversial and now celebrated decision to cast Jason Bateman in the leading role as opposed to Michael J. Fox. The title seems to be saying....yes, Michael J. Fox shone brightly as Scott. But, guess what, world? There's ANOTHER Teen Wolf. Yes, Jason Bateman along with his indelible creation, Todd, is a Teen Wolf too.

And what a Teen Wolf he was! Bateman inhabits the role of Todd. It's impossible to distinguish where the actor and the character begins. Which is a nice segue into the remarkable make-up and effects. When Todd finally transforms in a beautifully paced scene racked with tension, we are transported by the make-up. Here we are, looking at a teen wolf! And yet, Bateman's performance is so committed, so brave and so genuine, that we never forget....(can't believe I'm actually getting emotional writing this)....it's still Todd in there.

I find it hilarious that critics of this film claim that it's a rehash of the first film. First of all, Todd is a completely different Teen Wolf as the title states right out of the gate. Secondly, boxing and basketball have nothing in common other than the fact that they're both sports. I suppose The Natural and Kingpin are identical films as well? Spare me. As Syd Field can tell you, all films follow a similar formula. It's short-sightedness and bias that prevent folks from appreciating just how strikingly different Teen Wolf Too is.

[ 23. June 2015, 01:53: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want to meet this guy.

This sounds like something I would write. It's funny that I think a lot of people would not even pick up on the sarcasm and see it as a serious review. I can just imagine people making posts underneath the review saying "Are you serious? That movie was atrocious and all they did was switch basketball for boxing and put them in college".

I give the review 10/10 - Stretching it a bit? Nah...

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Bernie I hope for our sake it is sarcasm and he isn't an escaped loony patient.

It could be Jason Bateman's dad!

[ 23. June 2015, 17:19: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home