iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Are any of these movies any good?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Are any of these movies any good?
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey guys, just thinking about getting some "new" old movies. Have any of you seen any of these and are they any good?

Welcome to 18
Summer Job
Senior Week
Ocean Drive Weekend
Under the Boardwalk
Going All The Way

I need some new beach flicks to get me ready for summer. [Cool]

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i've heard of the majority of them but the only one i actually own is welcome to 18. it's a good one. very 80s and very cheesy at times, but a great summer movie about female friendship and of course, how much they've grown up and learned over the summer [Big Grin]
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Welcome to 18 is terrible. Summer Job is pretty bad too. These aren't the movies to spend $$$ on.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh come on, D... it isn't too terrible, if you're a girl. cindy likes those kinds of movies. i would assume she'd like welcome to 18...but i agree, don't pay too much just to see it.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NowhereGirl:
oh come on, D... it isn't too terrible, if you're a girl. cindy likes those kinds of movies. i would assume she'd like welcome to 18...but i agree, don't pay too much just to see it.

You're right NowhereGirl, I am sure I'll enjoy this one! I think I paid about $3.50 for the VHS. Hardly breaking the bank on that one. I am a huge fan of Law & Order SVU so it will be cool to see a young Mariska Hargitay in this. She was in another bad movie I watched not too long ago called Jocks. Stay away from that one if ya can. I'll let you know what I think about Welcome to 18 after I watch it. You know who also liked this movie, Muffy Tepperman! I miss her on these boards!
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morgan H.
Rewinder
Member # 6668

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Morgan H.   Email Morgan H.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only one that I would recommend is Under the B, Romeo and Juliet go surfing.

Cindy, I love finding actors that are semi-famous today in old 80's movies. Muffy Tepperman from Square Pegs posts on this board, SWEET

Posts: 31 | Registered: Mar 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home