iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Here we go again...Best Song to Close a Movie (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Here we go again...Best Song to Close a Movie
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of the greatest is F/X - Murder by Illusion end credits tune "Just an Illusion" by Imagination.

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fostersman
Rewind Curious
Member # 37345

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Fostersman   Email Fostersman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me there can only be one song to close a film and that has to be of course Simple Minds,Don't You(forget about me) from The Breakfast Club
Posts: 7 | From: ROTHERHAM | Registered: Feb 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jakey V
Master Rewinder
Member # 37348

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jakey V   Email Jakey V   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What movie closed with "Be Good To Yourself" by Journey?
Posts: 204 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: A Long Time Ago! | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jakey V
Master Rewinder
Member # 37348

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jakey V   Email Jakey V   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TerdNthePoolGGB:
Great thread. Let Your Love Flow(Bellamy Bros.)
from Little Darlings

That's one of the best. The opening song fits too.
Posts: 204 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: A Long Time Ago! | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jakey V:
What movie closed with "Be Good To Yourself" by Journey?

Jakey v I've got a feeling its - white water summer starring Kevin bacon,great film,I purchased the DVD not long back actually.
Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
from Little Darlings

I cant remember the opening song Jakeyv.
Posts: 1990 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jakey V
Master Rewinder
Member # 37348

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:
from Little Darlings

I cant remember the opening song Jakeyv.
I think it's called "Shake it". It's by Ian Matthews.
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

http://youtu.be/pkOtS9Xz3qE - high school nights by dave edmunds at the end credits of porky's revenge was a pretty cool song.

the music video features porky's cast members.

-

and listen to your heart by the little river band http://youtu.be/b2Mw6FsVWtQ from the end credits of karate kid 3

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

the awesome end credits song bachelor party by oingo boingo from the classic 1984 comedy - bachelor party.

http://youtu.be/H7J_qxD-cvs bachelor party by oingo boingo

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John Hughes movies have to be up there. If you have not at least felt like crying to at least one John Hughes movie endings then perhaps you could be considered as a cold hearted cynic. The Breakfast Club's don't you forget about me is unforgetable but if you don,t cry to Everytime You Go Away at the end of Planes,Trains & Automobiles then you clearly have no heart. John Candy represents all that is good and decent in this world and seeing him emotional makes me ball my eyes out.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John Hughes movies have to be up there. If you have not at least felt like crying to at least one John Hughes movie endings then perhaps you could be considered as a cold hearted cynic. The Breakfast Club's don't you forget about me is unforgetable but if you don,t cry to Everytime You Go Away at the end of Planes,Trains & Automobiles then you clearly have no heart. John Candy represents all that is good and decent in this world and seeing him emotional makes me ball my eyes out.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
i know what you mean bernie that scene where john candy and steve martin are about to go there seperate ways definitely raises a lump in the old throat and then in flashback you realise candy's character of del has been putting on a brave front all this time and infact his life does more or less pretty much stink,he's lost his wife,no real friends etc and so on.

then martin realises all this and rushes back to make things right and invites del to stay for thanks giving at his house with his family all the while paul young's every time you go away is playing in the back ground.

a real feel good and emotional ending and one that i'd agree you'd have to be pretty hard hearted not to feel even slightly choked up!

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
keeping with the sad endings here, hows about Journeys Open Arms at the end of The Last American Virgin after Gary got his heart ripped out.
Posts: 1990 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
keeping with the sad endings here, hows about Journeys Open Arms at the end of The Last American Virgin after Gary got his heart ripped out.

Yeah, that is a sad ending in that movie. But I believe the song that plays at this ending was "Just Once" by James Ingram
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chloe
Master Rewinder
Member # 37365

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Chloe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Can't Help Falling In Love" by Lick The Tins at the end of Some Kind Of Wonderful!

"Don't You (Forget About Me)" by Simple Minds at the end of The Breakfast Club!

Posts: 232 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Apr 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fightertown:
Real Genius

"Everybody Wants to Rule the World"
Performed by Tears for Fears

Can't believe when I posted that I didn't mention this... [Smile]
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'Shoot the Moon' - Teen Wolf:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viCZGUb9rhU

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now I feel I need to give a shoutout to 'If You Leave' from Pretty in Pink, which technically closes out the movie, but then 'Pretty in Pink' kicks off over the credits. Both deserve a mention.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q87sTz0WCqE

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know how I missed this topic when it was first posted. I do have to agree with The Warriors- In the City was a great ending song. I love that movie.
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wanted to add, when we watched the series finale of the television show The Shield, the final song was Long Time Ago by Concrete Blonde. It was an absolutely perfect ending song.
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home