iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Here we go.... Best Song to Open A Movie!!! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Here we go.... Best Song to Open A Movie!!!
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I actually love "Back to Paradise" which is the theme to the Revenge of the Nerds 2.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
phatpants
Rewinder
Member # 5784

17 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for phatpants         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, Devolution! Did you know that Journey also provided the song "Only Solutions" for the 1982 Disney CG movie 'Tron'? Their other musical contribution to the film was an instrumental track called "1990's Theme". Both tracks appear on the Tron CD soundtrack which was released in 2002 for Tron's 20th anniversary.
Posts: 42 | From: Encom Mainframe | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 17  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

They also have the closing song to White Water Summer (1985) "Be Good To Yourself" which is the last song on the greatest hits album.

Speaking of White water summer.

The Wild Frontier - Bruce Hornsby and the Range, is an awesome opening song.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not an 80s film but in my opinion the best song to open a movie is

Aerosmith--Sweet Emotion from the movie "Dazed N Confused"

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trinilith
Rewind Curious
Member # 6398

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for trinilith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
one of my fvorite opening songs is be my little baby on dirty dancing.
Posts: 8 | From: Northwestern Ontario | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JAYLEE:
LOVE HATES by Marianne Faithfull in TUFF TURFF.... great song, great intro scene with spader on his bike, cruising through the valley at night (or where ever it was filmed).

-

love the marianne faithfull track love hates,a really great song from a really great movie.

http://youtu.be/xXciglIHCwA - tuff turf intro.

-

also really liked the opening song to another james spader flick - the new kids featuring the song stand up by bill wray.

http://youtu.be/_yc5tOme418 - stand up by bill wray (used here in a fan made video for actor jared padalecki,only version of the song i could find on youtube).

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

the opening credits song to making the grade - living on the edge by shandi was pretty great.

http://youtu.be/Kv8i8XLvRto - living on the edge by shandi

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jakey V
Master Rewinder
Member # 37348

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jakey V   Email Jakey V   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by noblprz:
When I'm 64 (Beatles) --The World According to Garp.

Only the Young (might be Cheap Trick)-- Vision Quest

It's Journey. Good choice.
Posts: 204 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: A Long Time Ago! | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fostersman
Rewind Curious
Member # 37345

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Fostersman   Email Fostersman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know the title of it and its just an instrumental but the opening to Somekind of Wonderful with the drum beat start sets the tone for the film
Posts: 7 | From: ROTHERHAM | Registered: Feb 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Fostersman:
I don't know the title of it and its just an instrumental but the opening to Somekind of Wonderful with the drum beat start sets the tone for the film

https://youtu.be/KiGrstDBAfk - some kind of wonderful opening scene.

Yeah your right there fosterman,awesome bit of music to an awesome 80s classic.

I think the track is known as abuse by propaganda.

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We Got the Beat - Fast Times at Ridgemont High.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home