iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » do you know what I'm talking about?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: do you know what I'm talking about?
trinilith
Rewind Curious
Member # 6398

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for trinilith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw this movie so long ago....Okay this girl meets this guy..I think he was an eastern guy because I'm sure she was calling him Shiek(correct spelling?) Anyway.....the song "Stop in the name of love" is in it. And I'm sure she's lip syncing to it in front of a mirror...? I know it's not much to go on..but ring any bells out there?
Posts: 8 | From: Northwestern Ontario | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
james Andrews
Master Rewinder
Member # 1425

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for james Andrews   Email james Andrews   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Trinilith. I searched imdb.com and these are the films that contain that song.
Cannonball Run II (1984)

- "Stop In The Name of Love"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hide and Seek (1996) (TV)

- "STOP IN THE NAME OF LOVE"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope Floats (1998)

- "Stop in the Name of Love"

More American Graffiti (1979)

- "Stop In The Name Of Love"

Party at the Palace: The Queen's Concerts, Buckingham Palace (2002) (TV)

- "Stop In The Name Of Love"

Posts: 168 | From: Bedfont, England | Registered: Apr 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aruba4me
Senior Rewinder
Member # 6258

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Aruba4me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not sure if this is what you are talking about but there was a movie that came out in the 80's called "Baby it's You" starring Vincent Spano and Roseanna Arquette. Spano's character was this Italian guy who called himself "Sheik". It was written by John Sayles and takes place all over New Jersey (actually filmed there!) in the early to mid 1960's. It's a star crossed lover kinda movie. She ends up going to college and he ends up becoming a lounge singer. I don't remember if she sings "stop in the name of love" in the film.
Posts: 71 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home