iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Looking for a Movie

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Looking for a Movie
Blowndakrt
Rewind Curious
Member # 6291

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Blowndakrt   Email Blowndakrt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone, I am new here. A friend and I help the time go by faster at work by remembering old movies. Its kind of a little competition. We try to come up with old movies, sometimes level B or even lower, and see if the other person has seen them or remembers.

The one that has me stumped. I sorta remember parts of it, but only as he talks about it. Not sure if I am confusing them with another movie or what.

He thinks its an 80's movie. It starts out with a guy walking in a swamp, and a rocket or space ship takes off. There is a huge flash and either knocks him down or knocks him out. When he awakens, he has semi special powers. Nothing too super human though. Said that the color Red causes him to lose the powers. He couldn't remember if seeing the color Red did it or if it had to touch him.

He said in part of the movie, he believes this guy and his friend are trapped on a boat. His buddy is stuck in a freezer, so the main character blows a big bubble with his gum. Somehow this frees his friend.

The other part that sticks out is the main character is running to catch his falling friend, a red boa or scarf tangles on his leg, losing his powers, but still manages to catch his friend. Although the fall causes them to fall through the earth and they wind up in China.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Shawn

Posts: 3 | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

An old classic around these parts...

Superfuzz. If I recall correctly.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WolfmansGotNards
Ace Rewinder
Member # 5910

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for WolfmansGotNards   Email WolfmansGotNards   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Super Fuzz indeed!!

Used to play on HBO all the time [Smile]

Posts: 400 | From: The 80's! Where else?! | Registered: Jul 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blowndakrt
Rewind Curious
Member # 6291

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Blowndakrt   Email Blowndakrt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Guys, That's the movie.

Shawn

Posts: 3 | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home