iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » I Can't remember the name

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I Can't remember the name
Babalon Vooanu
Rewind Curious
Member # 6133

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Babalon Vooanu   Email Babalon Vooanu   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Everyone. I cannot for the life of me remember the name of this movie. I'm pretty sure it was an 80's action flick.
It had a guy who looked like Wings Hauser, blocky face and thick. He and another guy were in the desert in some sort of medieval sword match (the movie takes place in the modern day). They were supposed to fight to the death for their reward (the other guy wanted the legendary fifth ring, i think). A girl gets involved and the other guy and her keep killing the Wings Hauser-like guy but some mystic woman keeps raising him.
I looked at Wings Hausers Filmography and it's not him. I probably got some of the facts wrong but there ya go! Kudos to anyone who can help this 5 year long search.

Posts: 4 | From: Florida | Registered: Oct 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Babalon,

Are you talking about Circle of Iron?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078975/

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Babalon Vooanu
Rewind Curious
Member # 6133

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Babalon Vooanu   Email Babalon Vooanu   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you JDoster04 but no. The movie I'm trying to find takes place in a modern US setting, like in Arizona or something. They do not really get into the past of the two combatants and only those two are figthing. However, now I've got to check out Circle of Iron. Thanks for adding yet one more movie to my wish list.
Posts: 4 | From: Florida | Registered: Oct 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
THE DEADITE
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 6202

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for THE DEADITE   Author's Homepage   Email THE DEADITE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It wasnt Rutger Hauer in it was it?? Sound familiar to a film I saw with him in! Cant remember the name of the film, SORRY!!!!!!!
Posts: 28 | From: England | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Babalon Vooanu
Rewind Curious
Member # 6133

Rate Member
I don't think it was actually him, his imdb page and his personal homepage had no movie like that listed for him. This guy was a bit thicker too, if memory serves.
aceofspades70
Senior Rewinder
Member # 6247

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for aceofspades70   Author's Homepage   Email aceofspades70       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only thing I can remotely think of is a movie where Christopher Lambert works his way up to a guy that has been stuck for years looking at a book with mirrors as pages. Lambert decides not to fight him because he talked him into seeing the book. Quite a gripping scene.

Then there is Gymkata, but that may be nowhere close.

Posts: 90 | From: Nashville, TN. | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fatso
Rewind Curious
Member # 6290

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for fatso   Email fatso   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think it's highlander or highlander 2 ,
Posts: 4 | From: montreal | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Babalon Vooanu
Rewind Curious
Member # 6133

Rate Member
Ace, I'm not sure what the first movie you are referring to is but I'll look it up and get back to you. It's definately not Gymkata, though I watched that movie several times when I was a kid.

Fatso, It's not a Highlander movie.

Thanks to you both.

kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about Beastmaster Part 2 - Through The Portal Of Time? I actually haven't seen this movie, but sounds like it might work.
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just checked something out...this was actually made in 1991...and Wings Hauser was in it...might be the one you are looking for?
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home