iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » With Halloween just around the corner....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: With Halloween just around the corner....
just one of the girls
Master Rewinder
Member # 5766

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for just one of the girls   Email just one of the girls   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what is your favorite 80's Horror movie that you love to watch during the halloween season.

Mine is obviously "Halloween" and I also like to watch "Child's Play"

I think this year my fiance and I are going to be Chucky and the Bride of chucky for Halloween!!! I can't wait!!!

Posts: 180 | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched Child's play last night [Big Grin] Horrors are every other day for me so it's Halloween all year round in this house [Razz] But I think I will make a point to watch a Halloween film on the night this time, maybe Halloween 3. Silver shamrock [Smile]

[ 12. October 2007, 11:33: Message edited by: Helen_S ]

Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mire Mare
Master Rewinder
Member # 5900

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mire Mare   Email Mire Mare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never understood why Halloween 3 never seemed to get the credit it deserved, completely underestimated in my book!

It’s a shame that they did not take the franchise into different directions more often instead of being lazy and relying on MM to do the job!

Shine on Silver Shamrock!

[Razz]

MM

Posts: 165 | From: Coventry, United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Couldn't agree more. I thought it was a bit of a bore to just continuously do Myers films. I think the series would have been so much more interesting if they broke it up a bit with different ideas like the third.

Don't you just hate when someone says "Oh the third is crap, there's no Myers"

BOOOOO [Razz]

Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HALLOWEEN, HALLOWEEN 2 and NIGHT OF THE DEMONS
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mire Mare
Master Rewinder
Member # 5900

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mire Mare   Email Mire Mare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok let’s expand the original idea a little and list our ideal Halloween movie fest!

Ok I know it’s not perfect but here is my bad boy Halloween movie selection, this is subject to change as there are too many good scary movies and not enough time!

9:00am (1984) Ghostbusters, 105 mins
10:50am (1985) Teen Wolf, 91 mins
12:30pm (1987) Monster Squad, 82 mins
13:55pm (1986) Critters, 82 mins
15:20pm (1986) House, 93 mins
16:55pm (1985) The Return of the Living Dead, 91 mins
18:30pm (1985) Fright Night, 106 mins
20:20pm (1980) The Fog, 89mins
21:50pm (1982) Halloween III: The Season of the Witch, 96mins
23:30pm (1981) The Evil Dead, 85mins
1:00am (1985) Day of the Dead, 102mins
2:45am (SLEEP)

Films that I could not include because they
disturb me greatly are, Hellriaser 1, 2 & Event Horizon!

So think you have a better line up, let’s see it!

[Wink]

MM

[ 14. October 2007, 10:52: Message edited by: Mire Mare ]

Posts: 165 | From: Coventry, United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Alrighty:

9am Gremlins
11am Ghostbusters 2 [Wink]
1pm The Amityville Horror
3pm Fright Night
5pm The Amityville Horror 2
7pm Halloween
9pm Candyman
11pm The Shining
1am Halloween 3

just one of the girls
Master Rewinder
Member # 5766

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for just one of the girls   Email just one of the girls   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heres mine

9am: Nightmare on Elm Street
11am: Frightnight
1pm: Halloween
3pm: Child's Play
5pm: Evil Dead
7pm: The Lost Boys
9pm: Night of the Comet
11pm: Night of the living Dead
1am: NIGHT OF THE CREEPS (i saved the best for last)

Posts: 180 | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love watching any of the Friday the 13th movies at this time of year too.
Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mire Mare
Master Rewinder
Member # 5900

Member Rated:
Come on guys Halloween is getting closer so let's see that perfect 80’s Halloween movie list!
It would be interesting to see which turn out to be the most popular movie/movies as already FRIGHT NIGHT seems to be leading the pack!

Go Brewster!

[Razz]

MM

evilash
Master Rewinder
Member # 6155

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for evilash   Email evilash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, here's mine:
8am Teen Wolf (start off with the soft stuff)
10am Nightmare on Elm St. (oprah noodlemantra!)
12pm Ghostbusters
2pm Little Shop of Horrors
4pm Evil Dead
6pm Evil Dead II
8pm (Break for Trick or Treating)
10pm Fright Night
12am Night of the Living Dead III (I love it when the zombie offers the other zombie a charred hand!)
2am Friday the 13th pt 2

Posts: 327 | From: Lebanon, OH | Registered: Oct 2007 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AnonymousRex
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 6162

3 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for AnonymousRex   Email AnonymousRex   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Shining & Christine.
Posts: 11 | From: Florida | Registered: Oct 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just one of the girls
Master Rewinder
Member # 5766

Member Rated:
Poltergeist 2 was on AMC last night. I forgot how scary that movie is. They have some really good horror movies on AMC at night for monsterfest.
Gigawatt?

Member # 4796

2 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Gigawatt?   Email Gigawatt?   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
4pm Haunted Castle 3-D
6pm Parasite 3-D
8pm Jaws 3-D
10m Amityville 3-D
12pm Friday 13th 3-D
2am Run to the bathroom and vomit after 3-D overdose.

Posts: 106 | From: London, England | Registered: May 2006 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blake
Ace Rewinder
Member # 75

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Blake   Author's Homepage   Email Blake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Halloween
Halloween 3
Nightmare on elm street
The twilight zone Movie
And if you are from the uk you may remember this from the early 90s Ghost Watch (it was on Halloween night).
After it aired it was in all the papers and had thousands of people writing in to the bbc.
It scared the *beep* out of me as a kid. If you watch it now its a bit lame but nothing has ever scared me as much as that did

Posts: 438 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Yeah, I remember that Blake. My mum was sitting there through it saying look they're acting. But as a kid I was totally buying it until right at the very end when the ghost came into the studio lol
pearwater
Rewinder
Member # 6093

11 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for pearwater   Email pearwater   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blake..adding 'Ghos****ch' was a stroke of genius.Pretty much summed it up in your description,but I would like to add it was made more than a decade before 'The Blair Witch Project' and was pure gold from auntie beeb.
Posts: 47 | From: Yorkshire,England | Registered: Oct 2007 | Site Updates: 11  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home