iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Poltergeist back in theatres one night only!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Poltergeist back in theatres one night only!
LPSmith2000
Rewind Curious
Member # 6039

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for LPSmith2000   Email LPSmith2000   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steven Spielberg’s classic movie Poltergeist is coming back to theatres one night only October 4th! For details and theatre locations check out FathomEvents.com.
Posts: 1 | Registered: Sep 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YES!!!!
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just one of the girls
Master Rewinder
Member # 5766

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for just one of the girls   Email just one of the girls   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My FAV!!!
Posts: 180 | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've already gotten a gang of friends excited to go.......I can't wait! [Smile]
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, I LOVED that movie when it was on HBO I think I saw it 50 times! It's playing here where I live... I'm going! [Smile]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you got to jdoc.........then we'll all talk about it after.....haha

I'm lucky enough to have a cool indie theater here that was playing midnight movies and I got to see Goonies and 16 Candles on the big screen.........maybe they will do more of these anniversary celebrations! wooo!

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am so there!! it's gonna be showing in the IMAX theater right near me!!!!! that's going to be...BIG [Wink] i cannot wait [Big Grin]
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
IMAX would be awesome I'm jealous! [Smile]

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
Muff,

OK it's a deal!

Don't go into the light Carol Anne!!! :0

pearwater
Rewinder
Member # 6093

11 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for pearwater   Email pearwater   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of Tobe Hooper's defining moments.
What a class movie.

Posts: 47 | From: Yorkshire,England | Registered: Oct 2007 | Site Updates: 11  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Although Hooper's exact involvement still remains a bit muddled, with most evidence hinting Spielberg was the stronger guiding force.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can I as a Stupid Question? I'm guessing 9 out of 10 people on this board already HAVE THIS MOVIE IN THEIR HOUSE! Why would you pay $10 or so to go see it in a theater???? I would just invite all my friends over, crack open a case of beer, make some popcorn and VOILA! Cheap Date!
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a certain magic seeing a good film in the dark of a theater with 100 people or so. Absolutely, they can do without the 10 minute commercial blocks or $20 refreshments, but remember how good it was when you saw the films we talk about here during their initial theatrical runs. Didn't it just feel like an incredible experience? And you get to share the good feelings with the rest of the audience too; there are no class or race divides in a theater audience. So if they'd just snap out of it and reduce prices, maybe they can make it a worthwhile experience again.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
so here's my story!

I didn"t make it to the theater and I was so dissapointed!!! I have a horror movie night at my house with friends and the agenda was to watch Poltergeist........and what do you end up doing??? drinking and goofing off while Poltergeist played in the background hahaha oh well

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
MUFFY!!!! I missed it too! CRAP!

Well, there's always next time... :-)

mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OhmyGod, Muffy, that happens to me ALL THE TIME! I guess that answers the question I asked about "Why go to the theater?"
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I managed to catch this one on the rebound. It was cool seeing it in theaters, since I missed it the first time around. I couldn't help laugh a little though...especially when Zelda Rubenstein shows up with her way cool aviator sunglasses and her western looking outfit to exorcise the demon and rescue little Carol Anne. Overall though, it was fun to experience.
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home