iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Those obscure 80s horror flicks (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Those obscure 80s horror flicks
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I finally saw Mountaintop Motel Massacre. It was decent...it was better than what I thought it'd be.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hewzy
Rewind Guru
Member # 6043

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for hewzy   Email hewzy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
slumber party massacre was a bit nuts. loving re-animator pearwater it ruled
Posts: 729 | From: Birmingham, England | Registered: Sep 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bumpity bump [Smile]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never even heard of The Hearse or Mountaintop Massacre....now I feel the need to see them both.

My favorite obscure horror movies are:

Silent Scream
He Knows Your Alone
Bloody Birthday
Don't Go in the House
Curse 2-the Bite

Plus...

My Bloody Valentine
April Fool's Day
Slumber Party Massacre
Sorority House Massacre

[ 29. June 2008, 15:48: Message edited by: ISIS ]

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never seen Sorority House Massacre, but I've always wanted to. Is it any good?
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes...it's really good. I love the cast in it, and I love the cast in the movie:

The House On Sorority Row-which I never would have known about if it weren't for Cindymancini.

I am not sure what category I would classify these under but I also like:

Silent Rage
10 to Midnight
The Seduction

I watched the movie The Legacy a few years ago-that movie use to scare me to death...my brother wouldn't go under water in our swimming pool the one whole summer after seeing this movie, but when I saw it recently it didn't scare me as bad as I thought it would, and I never knew until recently that Sam Elliot and Katherine Ross (who star together in it) that they are married in real life.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Does anyone remember the movie

"I Spit on Your Grave"

I can't remember if I actually ever saw it...but I remember seeing it in every video store I went in to, in the 80's, and everyone talked about it, I remember reading the back of the movie box and thinking it was too disturbing for me.

But, I had friends that I know watched that kind of stuff...they loved horror movies.....and I think they rented it...but I probably hid under a blanket during it , and can't remember it.

The movie that use to scare me so bad...was

Salem's Lot....I still to this day can't watch that movie...just because the previews traumatized me as a kid.

80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:

Salem's Lot....I still to this day can't watch that movie...just because the previews traumatized me as a kid.

Great movie  -

-

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Did I say I "liked" you...... [Wink]

[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry...didn't mean to scare you [Embarrassed] You should try to watch it if you can, it is really good.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I never watched it ever....because of the previews of the little kid floating to the top window in the house, and he was scratching on the window saying "let me in".....I swore he was outside my window waiting to get me...every night when I went to bed....so I think I'll have to pass on it...I have passed on it for almost 30 years...It won't be hard.

Since I should have nightmares tonight from that photo....I just want to say...thanks in advance... [Eek!] [Eek!]

HeadRusch
Master Rewinder
Member # 3755

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HeadRusch   Email HeadRusch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Salems Lot is truly a great example of 'scary'....something about the creepiness of fog and floating kids....and I love how they challenge religion in that movie..James Mason's character is positively skin-crawling.
Posts: 125 | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yeah, I forgot this one....Near Dark with Jenny Wright and the creepy kid from Teen Witch, what's his name...Joshua Miller! Check this or One Dark Night with E.G. Daily!!!
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Near Dark is a classic with Tangerine Dream music.
One Dark Night is also very good.

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
missalexis89
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 7123

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for missalexis89   Email missalexis89   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
childs play
house on sorority row
prom night
nightmare on elm street (mmm johnny depp!!!)
children of the corn
fright night
[Smile]

Posts: 25 | From: newcastle | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
missalexis89
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 7123

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for missalexis89   Email missalexis89   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh god i used to be sooo proud of myself because no horror film would ever scare me, until i watched salems lot :\ i watched it once nd wont ever again lol its that damn window scene that terrifys me, i cant get to sleep at night with the curtains open or even a little gap lol
[Smile]

Posts: 25 | From: newcastle | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I am glad to know that I am not the only one. [Big Grin]
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home