iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » HALLOWEEN- A Rob Zombie Remake (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: HALLOWEEN- A Rob Zombie Remake
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Totally dont even know who Michael Bay is. Hahaha! But see- that just proves my point- If It Aint Broke Dont Fix It! So many BAD movies they coudl reimagine, why not leave the classics alone?!

Who saw SUPERBAD? Was it super bad? I heard it was funny. If anything that looks like a throwback (and I mean that in a good way) to the kind of movies we liked in the 80s (PORKYS, LAST AMERICAN VIRGIN)

A lot of people are bashing the new HALLOWEEN. Havent seen it myself, refuse to...but you can see the reviews at www.rottentomatoes.com

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just one of the girls
Master Rewinder
Member # 5766

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for just one of the girls   Email just one of the girls   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't seen SuperBad either. But i heard it was funny. Didn't the person that directed Knocked up direct SuperBad. I thought Knocked Up was funny.

I think I am going to see the new Halloween this weekend.

We still have drive In's where i live and it is playing there with another movie. It's nice because you get to see two new releases for the price of one. Plus there is something about the drive in. It's really fun to watch movies outside. And you could always bring alcohol which makes it even more fun. So I think I'm going to see the new Halloween this weekend.

Posts: 180 | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did see Halloween and I am a Halloween fan and I have to say I liked it. I liked this movie because it stayed pretty true to the old Halloween movies. It had that feel about it. Now Rob really cranked up the brutality in this movie but I have to say that it was far more intense then any of the old ones. He did add his little twists but it's really cool that this movie filled in all the holes from the first one. Go in with an open mind and I really think you will be happy. It renewed my joy for the Halloween collection.
Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just one of the girls
Master Rewinder
Member # 5766

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for just one of the girls   Email just one of the girls   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gordongecko thanks!!

I'm hoping to see it soon!!!

Posts: 180 | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone else seen this movie?
Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i finally saw it last week, and i agree with gordongecko. not bad, not bad....if anything, it was definitely better than halloween resurrection. [Roll Eyes]

the mask looked great. and the kid who played young michael was great...and creepy at the same time? [Eek!]

zombie did alright! [Cool]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mire Mare
Master Rewinder
Member # 5900

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mire Mare   Email Mire Mare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now if only RZ would consider remaking THE SOUND OF MUSIC!

Who wouldn't pay good money to go and see that bad boy!

[Cool]

MM

Posts: 165 | From: Coventry, United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbowbrite22
Given the choice, Duckie would have been Luckie...
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i saw it and ithought it was really good it had a different type of creepy effect [Smile]
Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The remake creeped me out more than the original. Was it me or was Micheal Myers alot bigger in this one? The dude could go in the NBA draft if his movie career doesn't pan out!
I've actually saw some decent remakes over the years but now refuse to watch anything new Michael Bay has a hand in after he destroyed Transformers....

[ 25. September 2007, 08:55: Message edited by: MotleyRulz ]

Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i liked transformers alot! but i'm a transformers nerd anyway...
and ya, the guy that played the shape was a very large man.. i can't remember his name but he did a great job.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
Glad to hear many of you liked the new Halloween.
just one of the girls
Master Rewinder
Member # 5766

Member Rated:
I still haven't seen it. I may wait until it comes out on DVD.
just one of the girls
Master Rewinder
Member # 5766

Member Rated:
oh my!!

I just heard Michael Bay is remaking "Friday the 13th"

Guys....seriously this needs to end with all these remakes...

Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I keep an open mind with remakes but Bay is attached to it so I dunno........
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pearwater
Rewinder
Member # 6093

11 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for pearwater   Email pearwater   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rob Zombie's Halloween was, in my opinion, rubbish.
some interesting ideas were there but humanising Mikey boy wasn't the right thing to do..Malcolm Mcdowell looks like he wishes he was in another movie most of the time,and do we really need a full-frontal scene?
I'll stick to the original tyvm.

Posts: 47 | From: Yorkshire,England | Registered: Oct 2007 | Site Updates: 11  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just one of the girls
Master Rewinder
Member # 5766

Member Rated:
I just also found out they are doing another Lost Boys movie. It's not a remake though. It's going to be called "Lost Boys: The Tribe".
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

Haim wasn't in it.....
just one of the girls
Master Rewinder
Member # 5766

Member Rated:
Yeah, I also heard that Haim isn't in it but I'm pretty sure Feldman is
evilash
Master Rewinder
Member # 6155

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for evilash   Email evilash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did hear they were going to make another Indiana Jones, not a remake, just another sequel with Harrison Ford, you know, before he gets TOO old. Also, I heard they were going to remake Evil Dead, though Sam Raimi will not be involved...umm that is going to suck.
Posts: 327 | From: Lebanon, OH | Registered: Oct 2007 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
evilash
Master Rewinder
Member # 6155

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for evilash   Email evilash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
okay, according to imdb.com, Evil Dead (2009) is in pre production. Sam Raimi is the screenwriter but he is looking a director. According to the plot synopsis, it is the exact same story line. But at the same time it says that the script is not written yet. I don't know how I feel about this. I mean, possibly no Bruce Campbell. He is too old to play a college student, but maybe he can be a demon or something? And they are probably going to CG the hell out of it, so no cheesy claymation! That was part of the charm! It might be good, especially if they leave Paul Walker out of it.
Posts: 327 | From: Lebanon, OH | Registered: Oct 2007 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
evilash
Master Rewinder
Member # 6155

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Pearwater:
Didn't they have a full frontal scene in the original? I know we saw some. Full frontal is just another thing we see in RZ's movies... most of it being a naked corpse. Do we need it, no, do they do it in movies anyways? Yeah, and the world is just going to put more in it. Especially since RZ's target audience is males ages 15-35.

pearwater
Rewinder
Member # 6093

11 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for pearwater   Email pearwater   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's just a boob shot,Evilash..P.J.Soles if I remember correctly?
Mind you, I didn't mind looking at them at the time:)

Posts: 47 | From: Yorkshire,England | Registered: Oct 2007 | Site Updates: 11  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
evilash
Master Rewinder
Member # 6155

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
No one does.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home