iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Asda Price! (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Asda Price!
Mire Mare
Master Rewinder
Member # 5900

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mire Mare   Email Mire Mare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok guy's getting back on track, just returned from Tesco they are having a hugh Summer blowout on DVD's at the moment, most films are £2 to £5 and there are hundreds to choose from including a lot of 80's classics!

Some Highlights:

Cobra £3.00

Fletch & Fletch Lives (Double Bill) £5.00

All the Right Moves £3.00

The Karate Kid £3.00

Short Circuit £3.00

Fame £3.00

Wall Street £3.00

Plus lots more!

Also picked up the original Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger & The Golden Voyage of Sinbad both at £3 each!

[Wink]

MM

Posts: 165 | From: Coventry, United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WolfmansGotNards:
Considering the many twists and turns that this thread has taken, I can only respond with the following:

jdocster and I decide to visit MM, but when we arrive in London, we find MM missing, the place is trashed, there are Burger King takeout wrappers everywhere, and one TV is playing Cops, another is playing a show about conspiracy theories.

As we start to look around, we hear that creepy Friday the 13th music start and hear a door slam. We run back outside, but theres a black helicopter above us! We keep running but can't shake the helicopter.

We make it to an ASDA and run inside to take shelter by the £3.00 80's dvds. The door opens and in walks MM! "You're OK!" we shout, but in walks another MM! The first MM turns around and the second MM blasts the first with a laser rifle. MM #1 flies apart in an explosion of metal, as MM #2 says "I was sent from the future to destroy Replicant MM, come with me if you want to live."

We follow behind Terminator MM along with our horde of £3.00 dvds that we bought even though our Region 1 dvd players at home won't play them (thanks a lot region coding). Outside the black helicopter is still there! jdocster and I both take out a copy of the Karate Kid, assume the crane kick position and launch our Karate Kid discs to the sky like throwing stars. The helicopter is hit and goes out of control, it's going to crash! Unfortunately it lands on Terminator MM, who doesn't survive, except for a perfectly preserved metallic hand. The chopper is on fire, but it looks like someone is tied up in the back. We pull out whoever it is --- it's MM! The real MM! After some thanks, MM gives us each £3.00 to go buy more Karate Kid DVD's.

Then the pilot of the chopper starts to crawl out of the wreckage, moaning, "I want my two dollars!" Then the chopper explodes, so I guess he didn't really need the two dollars after all.

All seems OK, until a mysterious alien laser beam plucks MM from in front of us, and pulls him into the sky! jdocster and I look at the fleeting figure of MM and a small square object falls in front of us. It's MM's wallet, so we figure we are meant to go buy more 80's DVDs. As we head back into the ASDA, MM is pulled through space and lands on a planet of ducks! After defeating the dark overlords with crack cocaine, lots of guns, and a very very old White Castle burger, MM settles down with Duck Beverly and starts a website called 80's Quack-wind.

Meanwhile, having spent all of MM's cash, jdocster and I decide to visit Nick for, hopefully, a more peaceful visit. That's when a gun toting cheerleader and her sister drive up and tell us that a comet came through, wiped everyone out and they need help fighting zombies [Big Grin]

Wolfy.... Funny stuff... [Smile] You ARE a writer aren't you? No really? Huh? I loved the "better off dead" reference... "I want my two dollars!"

Keep smiling folks... [Big Grin]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mire Mare
Master Rewinder
Member # 5900

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mire Mare   Email Mire Mare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK all more great films at great prices at ASDA today!

Caddyshack £3.00!

The Karate Kid pt 2 & 3 £3.00 each!

Happy Gilmore £3.00

Peace Yo!

[Razz]

MM

Posts: 165 | From: Coventry, United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home